PDA

View Full Version : Scotland's Housing Expo

Bill Fernie
26-Aug-10, 13:10
The housing expo that begun on 1st August and ends on 31st will soon be finishing.

I wondered if many folk had been to see the new houses and if so what you thought of the whole idea.

If you have not heard about it full details are at www.scotlandshousingexpo.com/

You still have a few days to go and see the 52 houses if you are in Inverness. The houses will variously be for rent or sale after the expo is finished.

Kodiak
26-Aug-10, 18:38
I must admit this is the first I have heard about this. So I visited the web page.

Disappointed to say the least and I hope all the houses are not like the ones on the page.

Little Boxes comes to mind and little boxes with no style.

Bazeye
26-Aug-10, 19:24
Is the last one made of Lego?

Kodiak
26-Aug-10, 19:46
Is the last one made of Lego?

On James May Programme where he built a house out of Lego it looked almost like this one, it had a lot more colour so it looked better. Here is a Pic of James May Lego House :-

http://i38.tinypic.com/30rnofs.jpg

DeHaviLand
26-Aug-10, 19:49
Only my opinion, but I think each one of those houses is bloody ghastly! I have heard a lot of people comment along the same lines though and have yet to speak to anyone with anything positive to say.
Who in their right mind wants to build flat roofed houses in a climate such as ours? Who wants to live in a house clad in black rubber and climbing ivy? Thats not going to look pretty in 15 years time. And as for untreated larch timber cladding? Try putting up an untreated larch lap fence and see how long it lasts. Bloody architects :roll:

Dog-eared
28-Aug-10, 17:37
I was really interested in this when I heard about it , but the more I found out the less it drew me . I saw the model of the layout in the Eastgate Centre today and the site looks cramped for what it's supposed to be . Mebbe I need to visit the Expo to find out, but usually I'm just whizzing by on the way home.
Black rubber houses....Hmmmmm.... Green slimy in 10 years ?