PDA

View Full Version : Dog fouling in scarfskerry

SunnyChick
26-Aug-10, 08:53
To say I was angry, would be a huge understatement....

3 times in the last 2 weeks I have discovered great lumps of dog excrement on my property! Twice on the roadside verge (owned by us, tended by us), and once inside the perimeter of our fence!! [evil]

I AM ABSOLUTELTY ENRAGED!! What kind of selfish person can empty their animal on MY GARDEN, and leave it behind for ME to clean up?

I am going to put up a sign and a bag of dog sh*t for them to collect on their next walk and hope they take the hint.... but if this problem continues - what are my options?

Nb: I actually quite like dogs, so please don't mistake this post as a rant. I don't think anyone alive would appreciate someone dumping dog mess on their lawn!

Even Chance
26-Aug-10, 09:47
Buy and install a cheap CCTV camera/ Put up a nice CCTV warning sign where it is happening/ If it still happens, use vigilante terrorism tactics to give the "package" back to its rightful owner.
Case solved...........

achingale
26-Aug-10, 10:09
Do you know roughly what time it is happening? You could always keep an eye out then approach the owner and tactfully and politely tell them not to allow their dog to foul there. If it continues, get some proof of who is doing it and tell the local dog warden. I have a dog and pick up his mess every single time, unless it is in nettles or under gorse which I cannnot get to. I would never leave it where people walk or on someone's private property. You are quite right being angry about this. Added to that it only gives responsible owners a bad name too as we are all tarred with the same brush. Hope whoever it is is reading this and takes note!! Hope you get it stopped.

SunnyChick
26-Aug-10, 11:36
Thanks for your response guys. :D

I think it's happening in the evening, as my partner mowed the lawn last night and it wasn't there, but we discovered the offending atricle early this morning, right where my daughter has to wait for the school bus! :mad:

It's a quiet road and most people here tend to let their dogs walk off the lead, so it could be that they just aren't aware, yet.

If the notices I've hammered into the grass don't work, then CCTV is an option we may have to consider. I really don't want to fall out with anyone about it, and I've spoken to some of the neighbours this morning, so hopefully they will support us if needs be. Shew.

Nice day though, if it stays good into this evening then I might just hide out and wait for the next offering......

Amy-Winehouse
26-Aug-10, 13:22
Scrape all the poop into a paper bag then go to the offending owners house, set it on their doorstep, then set it on fire.

Then knock or ring their doorbell & coolly walk over the road & wait till they come oot & see the wee (or not so wee) fire on their doorstep & start to stamp it oot. Then laugh as they get hot poop all over their shoes or slippers- anyhow they will get the message .
If not, call the A-team or Dog Warden to sort it:cool:

Even Chance
26-Aug-10, 14:32
Scrape all the poop into a paper bag then go to the offending owners house, set it on their doorstep, then set it on fire.

Then knock or ring their doorbell & coolly walk over the road & wait till they come oot & see the wee (or not so wee) fire on their doorstep & start to stamp it oot. Then laugh as they get hot poop all over their shoes or slippers- anyhow they will get the message .
If not, call the A-team or Dog Warden to sort it:cool:

I mind seeing that done years ago!! What a mess! The guy didnt let his dog out loose to keich in Argyle Square again!:lol:

Alba.gu.brath
26-Aug-10, 14:38
same here in Thurso Some dog owners dont care . we have two dogs and always clean up if needed last year i complained to the council about a dog fowling outside my gate every day and its owner would not pick it up but it was my house that the council came to complaining about my dogs making a mess outside my gate !! When it was me that complained to them! So i filmed the dog /owner responsible and showed them , now they walk their dog someware else .

ss.sv650
29-Aug-10, 02:31
i take it all the owners who let there dogs do this dont know that you can get your poop bags FREE YES FREE from the town hall in Thurso.

be interested to hear the excuses as to why you dont lift it as well

Gronnuck
29-Aug-10, 03:33
We saw your wee sign SunnyChick and hope it pricks some prat's conscious. You've made a real effort to make your garden pretty. For anyone to allow their dog to foul in such a nice area is so disrespecful.
We're on the other side of the village and we too have an open frontage. We would be livid if someone allowed their dog to deposit a mess near here; it's just so unnecessary.
We can hope that the culprit is a holidaymaker who is doesn't know any better and will go home soon and take their dirty habits with them :eek:

ecb
31-Aug-10, 21:59
Apparently bacon fat can be used to get rid of this:

"i have a mate that lives in germany and has had a problem with other peopels dogs droping there loads in his garden . he puts the bacon fat from the friying pan on the and the dogys eat it "

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=515040&page=2

mrlennie
31-Aug-10, 22:32
To say I was angry, would be a huge understatement....

3 times in the last 2 weeks I have discovered great lumps of dog excrement on my property! Twice on the roadside verge (owned by us, tended by us), and once inside the perimeter of our fence!! [evil]

I AM ABSOLUTELTY ENRAGED!! What kind of selfish person can empty their animal on MY GARDEN, and leave it behind for ME to clean up?

I am going to put up a sign and a bag of dog sh*t for them to collect on their next walk and hope they take the hint.... but if this problem continues - what are my options?

Nb: I actually quite like dogs, so please don't mistake this post as a rant. I don't think anyone alive would appreciate someone dumping dog mess on their lawn!

Are you sure it is not a cat or large rodent?