PDA

View Full Version : Eating out in Inverness

Scarybiscuits03
25-Aug-10, 19:50
Can anyone recommend somewhere good to eat in Inverness? Somewhere for lunch - dont fancy the usual MacDonalds/Burger King, chippy or Wetherspoons and decent portions, none of that posh stuff that you get very little of but pay a fortune for!!!

shazzap
25-Aug-10, 19:53
I like the Ash.

dragonfly
25-Aug-10, 19:58
The Kitchen is lovely, need to book though. not been for lunch before but have had dinner there and can recommend a visit

link below gives example menus - 2 course lunch £5.95

http://www.kitchenrestaurant.co.uk/menu

skinnydog
25-Aug-10, 20:18
I can't see past the Mustard Seed, which is owned by the same people as the Kitchen. Really good food and good value.

Bobbin
25-Aug-10, 20:36
The Kitchen is lovely, need to book though. not been for lunch before but have had dinner there and can recommend a visit

link below gives example menus - 2 course lunch £5.95

http://www.kitchenrestaurant.co.uk/menuI agree, we always go to the Kitchen when in Inverness.

Rictina
25-Aug-10, 20:50
Can anyone recommend somewhere good to eat in Inverness? Somewhere for lunch - dont fancy the usual MacDonalds/Burger King, chippy or Wetherspoons and decent portions, none of that posh stuff that you get very little of but pay a fortune for!!!

If you want something like a sandwich, panini, jacket potato various fillings, good coffee & cakes, you cant go wrong with the cafe on the corner above Tiso on Longman rd.

shamrock2007
25-Aug-10, 21:00
Nicos is very nice aswell down by the river

Scarybiscuits03
25-Aug-10, 21:04
Thanks everyone - plenty of choices!

donnick
25-Aug-10, 21:07
yes i would recommend it to we ate there yummy prices very reasonable and service great

moses
25-Aug-10, 21:23
the Castle restaurant, ye canna beat it!

Dadie
25-Aug-10, 21:59
I didnt like the Castle last time I was in because you dont have space to move and you are too close to other people.
And felt rushed.
I quite like little itay for lunch...its wee but has seats you can actually move!
And they let you linger over coffee if you want!
Plus they were more accomodating with a baby.

EDDIE
25-Aug-10, 23:08
Brewsters does 2 meals for £9 and 2 deserts for £2 during the week but only downside you would have to drive there its up beside the hospital

Scarybiscuits03
27-Aug-10, 19:55
Thanks everyone - ended up in the Filling Station, really good food and cheap!!