PDA

View Full Version : For Loan

munron
25-Aug-10, 19:21
I am considering putting Dino up for loan as I just dont have the time or experience to do him justice at the moment.

About him: He is a 4 year old shire x tb standing about 16.1 but would possibly have a bit of growing to do. He has the most fab loving nature and there is not a nasty bone in his body. He is good to bath, groom, farrier etc but if he starts to be a nonsense he needs a confident person to take charge. He has been lunged, long reined and backed this year and was riding away happily. He went on hacks in front, last and on his own and he loves being out and about. He does need someone to give him confidence when passing vehicles but just keeping the leg on him is enough encouragement. He does jig jog along but he can be brought back to a walk without problems. He schools really well and has three nice paces, he has not jumped yet because of his age but he hasnt said no to much. He can be forward going or happy to plod but he is young and unspoilt so it is an absolute must that the person must be experienced and capable.

I would consider letting him go to a loan home, but it would have to be a 5* one with other horses. I would also consider letting the right rider loan him from here, I dont have a school but happy to lend my trailer for that person to take him out and about. The loan from here would be on the understanding of committing to Dinos exercise and care. I would expect all his grooming and tack etc taken care off as well as taking a share in the mucking out and turnout. I would continue to take care of everything else so it would not be a financial commitment but a physical one (if that makes sense).

I think with the right person Dino would make a cracking WH, I cant ever imagine me wanting to do that as I am quite happy pootling around with my cob. So there would be a realistic chance to compete on him next year.

Please no timewasters, tyre kickers or dreamers.

PM me in the first instance

Alba.gu.brath
25-Aug-10, 19:55
Hi there.. I am Alicia Mackinnon, 19 and from Thurso! I have been looking for a loan possiability for some time, although have recently taken time out to have my daughter! I am looking to get back into riding as I was a student with the North Highland College Equestrian Department for a year and a half and only left due to injury! Is there a chance you could send me pictures and some more info.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Regards
Alicia,

c23102001
25-Aug-10, 21:15
Hi I have pm'd you.

Thanks

Claire

munron
25-Aug-10, 21:22
Hi Alicia

What info are you looking for? This is Dino

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/P6150001.jpg

Now without being offensive do you have enough time for him with a baby, as it is the situ I am in with mine young lad

GruesomeTwosome
26-Aug-10, 12:59
Hi Nic, if you are short of time and need a hand before you find a suitable loan just give me a shout.

munron
26-Aug-10, 14:35
Hi Nic, if you are short of time and need a hand before you find a suitable loan just give me a shout.

Cheers chick, thats appreciated. I am in no rush to loan him unless it was the right move for him - I am sure I can tick him over till next year and start him again, he is that laid back it wont bother him :)

Thanks again though and come over and get the crack anytime :)

Alba.gu.brath
26-Aug-10, 15:06
aww he looks fab!!! What loan price weekly were u considering? Is it a loan from your own land or can he be moved? What else other than loan fee would i be expected to pay? (i.e. Farrier, feeding, tack, rugs etc?), (if its not too soon to ask) where abouts is he at the moment? Does he live in or out?
I am defo sure i can make time for such a handsome boy as i have a very supportive husband, family and also a cooperative baby.

Thanks photo much appreciated!

regards Alicia

munron
26-Aug-10, 16:37
Hi Alicia

I could loan Dino from here and there would not be a financial outlay but I would expect all the normal chores to be shared out. I have two other horses so when they are in the loaner would muck them all out every third day. I would expect Dinos tack to be cleaned and maintained and when he is in his stable to get ready / cool off that it is left tidy etc.

I mentioned that I have no school although I do have fields that can be ridden on but for trips out you would need transport to pull the trailer.

The most important thing for me is Dino, I would rather he sat in the field as a pretty ornament that to be spoilt. If you can let me know, by PM, your complete experience of riding / bringing on then that would be great. I sound a bit like a strict schoolmarm :) but I am not a total control freak or pernickity person.

Anyway I am in Weydale and you can come and meet him and me if you want to discuss further.

daisychain
27-Aug-10, 16:32
i want! I want! I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

munron
27-Aug-10, 16:45
Hey chick

Dont you have a large enough herd ha ha, went past yesterday and seen them all.

I think he might be staying as I have had a couple of offers of help, but why dont you come up sometime and ride him out with me on Paddy :)

Just need to get a saddle for him, bit loath to buy new as he might change shape so am browsing my options at the mo :)

K.B
27-Aug-10, 17:45
Dino Is Drop Dead Gorgeous I Hope U Find Someone Suitable I Would Love 2 But The Wee One Is 1st On The List ATM, Or Id Be There In A Flash Good Luck :D

daisychain
28-Aug-10, 21:09
Rays back to college on monday, could have brought his saddle up to ride with you but it will be with him, "Pony" has a wintec wide saddle for sale in other section thats what ray has,would be ideal for dino as he will prob change shape and not as dear as a leather one.I would definatly recommend them.

munron
29-Aug-10, 16:55
Thanks chick, I will send you a PM in a moment

GruesomeTwosome
30-Aug-10, 12:53
Cheers chick, thats appreciated. I am in no rush to loan him unless it was the right move for him - I am sure I can tick him over till next year and start him again, he is that laid back it wont bother him :)

Thanks again though and come over and get the crack anytime :)

Will do, I am dying to see him. x

brandy
30-Aug-10, 13:42
i wish i was more advanced! hes beautiful! i want a horse! i need lessons... darn this bodacious body of mine! *G* BBW can be horsewomen too!!!

longdown conker
09-Sep-10, 18:51
My name is Eleanor i have been riding since i was 7years old, im now 21years old. I have previously owned a horse but sadly out grew her. I currently ride my friend Stephs horses, a 6 year old thoroughbred cross hakney and a 4 year old new forest. I helped her back and school both horses. Steph has done the equestrian course and has owned her own horses for 4 years, she would be willing 2 help me anytime if i needed it. I live in Thurso and would want to keep him in Thurso with Stephs horses if possable. Is Dino Still available for loan? If so do you have anything you would like to know about me? Also we would be happy to come out to you so you can see if you are happy with our capability in riding and handling. Many thanks Eleanor

munron
10-Sep-10, 09:20
My name is Eleanor i have been riding since i was 7years old, im now 21years old. I have previously owned a horse but sadly out grew her. I currently ride my friend Stephs horses, a 6 year old thoroughbred cross hakney and a 4 year old new forest. I helped her back and school both horses. Steph has done the equestrian course and has owned her own horses for 4 years, she would be willing 2 help me anytime if i needed it. I live in Thurso and would want to keep him in Thurso with Stephs horses if possable. Is Dino Still available for loan? If so do you have anything you would like to know about me? Also we would be happy to come out to you so you can see if you are happy with our capability in riding and handling. Many thanks Eleanor

Hi Eleanor

Thanks for asking about Dino, at the moment I have someone coming round here to work with him and ride him. I am happy with that at the moment as it means he gets to stay here. Best of luck in finding your horse though :)

ShelleyCowie
10-Sep-10, 17:13
Darn it! I was meant to come and steal him a while back!! :( :lol:

Good luck with him, im sure he will come on to be a great horse! he is absolutely stunning and im jealous!

munron
10-Sep-10, 19:52
He is a bit big for the old suitcase now Shelley :) But seriously if you want a bash and possibly that could be literally, on him you are more than welcome :)

ShelleyCowie
10-Sep-10, 21:07
He is a bit big for the old suitcase now Shelley :) But seriously if you want a bash and possibly that could be literally, on him you are more than welcome :)

Darn im tempted! Definetely got the padding on the butt lol. slowly recovering from a c-section at the moment, but one day i may have to come and see him cos he is just stunnin!

Do you think he would fit in a back garden? Because i think he wud make a great lawn mower! [lol]