PDA

View Full Version : in school 1977 and before

tonkatojo
25-Aug-10, 16:58
For those of you who weren't in school in 1977 or even born then, just TRY and imagine what it might have been like !!!!

School 1977 vs. School 2007

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1977 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up mates.

2007 - Police are called, Armed Response Unit arrives and arrests Johnny and Mark. Mobiles with video of fight confiscated as evidence. They are charged with assault, ASBOs are taken out and both are suspended even though Johnny started it. Diversionary conferences and parent meetings conducted. Video shown on 6 internet sites.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't sit still in class, disrupts other students.

1977 - Jeffrey is sent to the principal's office and given 6 of the best. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2007 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. Counselled to death. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra funding because Jeffrey has a disability. Drops out of school.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him the slipper.

1977 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. Psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mum has an affair with the psychologist. Psychologist gets a promotion.

Scenario: Mark, a college student, brings cigarettes to school .

1977 - Mark shares a smoke with the school principal out on the smoking area.

2007 - Police are called and Mark is expelled from School for drug possession. His car is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Mohammed fails high school English.

1977 - Mohammed retakes his exam, passes and goes to college.

2007 - Mohammed's cause is taken up by local human rights group. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that making English a requirement for graduation is racist. Civil Liberties Association files class action lawsuit against state school system and his English teacher. English is banned from core curriculum. Mohammed is given his qualification anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers, puts them in a model plane paint bottle and blows up an anthill.

1977 - Ants die.

2007 - MI5 and police are called and Johnny is charged with perpetrating acts of terrorism. Teams investigate parents, siblings are removed from the home, computers are confiscated, and Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls during break and scrapes his knee. His teacher, Mary, finds him crying, and gives him a hug to comfort him.

1977 - Johnny soon feels better and goes back to playing.

2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in prison. Johnny undergoes five years of therapy. Becomes gay.

LoneSomeDove
25-Aug-10, 17:31
Things have most defo changed.School was never like today. But then expectations of kids have changed too much, they are not allowed to be children anymore they have to be young adults, even in primary.

But i remember the good times in school.

God am i realy getting old:eek:

John Little
25-Aug-10, 17:42
Hope you don't mind a slight addition for my age.....

1957 would be even better I think...........

For those of you who weren't in school in 1977 or even born then, just TRY and imagine what it might have been like !!!!

School 1977 vs. School 2007

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1967- teacher stops fight and drags them to the gym by the lugs - gives them boxing gloves and one of them knocks the other out- watched by rest of year

1977 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up mates.

2007 - Police are called, Armed Response Unit arrives and arrests Johnny and Mark. Mobiles with video of fight confiscated as evidence. They are charged with assault, ASBOs are taken out and both are suspended even though Johnny started it. Diversionary conferences and parent meetings conducted. Video shown on 6 internet sites.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't sit still in class, disrupts other students.

1967- Class teacher slippers Jeffrey and when he goes home his Mum clips his ears - and Dad does it again when he gets home.

1977 - Jeffrey is sent to the principal's office and given 6 of the best. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2007 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. Counselled to death. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra funding because Jeffrey has a disability. Drops out of school.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him the slipper.

1967 - Dad gives him the belt and calls the police in Thurso. They take Billy and put him in the cells for an hour - then ever after they nod at him in town...

1977 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. Psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mum has an affair with the psychologist. Psychologist gets a promotion.

Scenario: Mark, a college student, brings cigarettes to school .

1967- teacher tells him to put his ash in the bin and not flick it on the floor - then asks for a match for his pipe.

1977 - Mark shares a smoke with the school principal out on the smoking area.

2007 - Police are called and Mark is expelled from School for drug possession. His car is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Mohammed fails high school English.

1967 - Who?

1977 - Mohammed retakes his exam, passes and goes to college.

2007 - Mohammed's cause is taken up by local human rights group. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that making English a requirement for graduation is racist. Civil Liberties Association files class action lawsuit against state school system and his English teacher. English is banned from core curriculum. Mohammed is given his qualification anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers, puts them in a model plane paint bottle and blows up an anthill.

1967- Johnny graduates to closing lengths of copper tube with pliers then sliding a lighted banger inside and firing stones at local cats...

1977 - Ants die.

2007 - MI5 and police are called and Johnny is charged with perpetrating acts of terrorism. Teams investigate parents, siblings are removed from the home, computers are confiscated, and Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls during break and scrapes his knee. His teacher, Mary, finds him crying, and gives him a hug to comfort him.

1967 - Johnny pushes her away and say 'Do you think I'm soft or something? I ain't crying cos I'm hurt - I've lost my pocket money down the drain when I fell'.

1977 - Johnny soon feels better and goes back to playing.

2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in prison. Johnny undergoes five years of therapy. Becomes gay.

PantsMAN
25-Aug-10, 19:36
Tell you what - do a google for "Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin."

You will see how original this post is........

tonkatojo
25-Aug-10, 20:18

Tell you what, where does it say this is an original ??, the object of the exercise was a light hearted statement, passed on to me today which I for one had not seen or heard before but was relevant to my school days.
Get a life !!!.

Kirdon
25-Aug-10, 21:02
Tell you what, where does it say this is an original ??, the object of the exercise was a light hearted statement, passed on to me today which I for one had not seen or heard before but was relevant to my school days.
Get a life !!!.

Quite right, it gave me a laugh and also reminded me of happy days at school (and yes i got the belt plenty of times and it did me more good than harm). Bring back the good days!

Tugmistress
25-Aug-10, 21:08
I don't remember the belt, but i remember the ruler and also the blackboard eraser being thrown with some quite astounding accuracy lol

tonkatojo
25-Aug-10, 21:20
I don't remember the belt, but i remember the ruler and also the blackboard eraser being thrown with some quite astounding accuracy lol

Aye tugs, my science teacher was a dab hand at that. LOL

Aussiewicker
25-Aug-10, 21:40
Cheers Tonkatojo: funny as, and so true.... progress is rubbish sometimes. ;-)

PantsMAN
25-Aug-10, 21:58
Get a life !!!.

Wooaah - a wee nerve has been struck!

It's precisely because I have a life that it is mildly irritating to open posts and find that the content has just been culled from elsewhere. Chill!

tonkatojo
25-Aug-10, 23:29

It's precisely because I have a life that it is mildly irritating to open posts and find that the content has just been culled from elsewhere. Chill!

No nerve touched just a mild irritation like a midge bite.
Mind you, you can do your bit for example 06/07/10 14:22 your quote

"Isaiah Ch 9

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:".

If I had wanted to read the bible I would pick up the book, not read your quotes. your stupidity works both ways.

Fly
25-Aug-10, 23:50

Does it really matter if it is a repeat? The sentiments expressed are true and the further back you go the more common sense applies.

brandy
25-Aug-10, 23:54
am i missing something here? i didnt see bible quotes anywhere else on this post? is it from another topic?
confused.. but as im blonde its easily done

tonkatojo
26-Aug-10, 00:15
am i missing something here? i didnt see bible quotes anywhere else on this post? is it from another topic?
confused.. but as im blonde its easily done

Nah Brandy you havn't missed owt, I was just pointing out to that what a condescending hypocrite of a fool he has quoted as well, it was from one of his posts at that date. LOL

brandy
26-Aug-10, 00:22
ahhh.. ok... i was thinking.. ok vision blurry but am i going blind!

John Little
26-Aug-10, 08:19
"Tell you what, where does it say this is an original ??, the object of the exercise was a light hearted statement, passed on to me today which I for one had not seen or heard before but was relevant to my school days.
Get a life !!!."

"I have you by the lugs!
Right you two - it's doon the gym at 4.00pm sharp - three rounds decides the best man and Mr McTavish will referee - his decision is final. If your'e no there it's the tawse for both of ye the morning...."

Corrie 3
26-Aug-10, 08:46
Thanks for posting Tonka..I really enjoyed that....(And John's little addition)....made me laff!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Corrie 3
26-Aug-10, 08:51

Who in their right mind would Google "Jeffery is given huge doses of Ritalin"?????

Is it something you wake up to one morning? You get out of bed and think.."Today I am going to Google Jeffery is given huge doses of Ritalin"???

Bonkers !!!

:confused:confused:confused

wicker8
26-Aug-10, 09:21
i agree with every sentence just takes me back ,class of 75 mm

veekay
26-Aug-10, 10:36

Remember this to, only we called it a blackboard rubber! how things have gone down hill

tonkatojo
26-Aug-10, 10:54
Remember this to, only we called it a blackboard rubber! how things have gone down hill

Aye Veekay that's what we called them as well, if I remember right they were made of wood 6" long with a felt pad on them. LOL

brandy
26-Aug-10, 11:36
ok any one have any for the 80's? i wasnt born till 77

Bazeye
26-Aug-10, 12:30
i agree with every sentence just takes me back ,class of 75 mm

Apart from sharing a smoke with the principal in the smoking area. More likely to be in the staff room or behind the bike sheds.:lol:

PantsMAN
26-Aug-10, 17:18
Who in their right mind would Google "Jeffery is given huge doses of Ritalin"?????

Is it something you wake up to one morning? You get out of bed and think.."Today I am going to Google Jeffery is given huge doses of Ritalin"???

Bonkers !!!

:confused:confused:confused
Well you see, that was one of the first lines in the first post on this thread. I thought I had read it before and therefore I placed that phrase, in quotation marks, into google and it showed you how many other instances of that line are around.

Simples!

PantsMAN
26-Aug-10, 17:24
SNIP
Mind you, you can do your bit for example 06/07/10 14:22 your quote
SNIP
If I had wanted to read the bible I would pick up the book, not read your quotes. your stupidity works both ways.

I see what you are getting at - the difference being that I made it obvious that it was a quote from the bible and even gave the reference. Hohum!

Anyway, lots of people are enjoying your joke.

Logical
27-Aug-10, 11:28
I remember the good old days of education and punishment.

I remember one day when we were colouring in pictures, I coloured outside of the lines. As punishment I was made to stand in the school playground wearing a sign that read 'anti-conformist' while the other children pelted me with stones from the recently torched school library.

Those were the days when crime and punishment were clear. When super-hero's were for the law and nobody routed for the baddy.

O how times have changed.

Green_not_greed
27-Aug-10, 16:41
Thanks for that Tonkatojo - very funny indeed. And sadly very true in places.

PC3001
28-Aug-10, 14:53
As punishment I was made to stand in the school playground wearing a sign that read 'anti-conformist' while the other children pelted me with stones from the recently torched school library.

Go back to school.

Logical
28-Aug-10, 15:27
Go back to school.

Get a life kid.
My days of education shaped who I am today, yours seem to have given you a sense of humour and an attitude for mischief.

PC3001
28-Aug-10, 15:41
your seem to have given you a sense of humour and an attitude for mischief.

"your seem to have"?

mmh, interesting.

Logical
28-Aug-10, 15:48
"your seem to have"?

mmh, interesting.

You can misquote me all you like but it does not change anything.