PDA

View Full Version : cat trap needed(to borrow)

kriklah
25-Aug-10, 16:04
does anyone have a cat trap i came borrow for a few days? one of my cats has gone walkabout and ive a reasonably good idea where she is.

i got her from a neighbour about a month ago as she was moving away and couldnt take all her cats with her. id kept the cat in my bedroom with her litter tray for the first week, then allowed her to wander the house, meet the other cats and dog etc, but sofar she hadnt discovered the flap in the back door. last tuesday, my son made the mistake of letting her out the front door as he left for school, and i didnt know till he came home. havent seen hide nor hair of her since, been out calling around the area, day and night, but being countyside all round us she could be anywhere. however i think she probably went back to her old house, which is only couple of hundred yards away. the new occupants are sure they have heard the flap go in the night, and have been leaving food inside, which is getting eaten, so there is a cat going in there, just cant be sure it is her, but seems most likely.

unlikely she'd have wandered too far away but just in case she headed down to the village, "Queenie"is a large/solid 3 year old longhaired (very very fluffy) tabbyshell (various browns tabby and tortoishell markings) no collar (dont think shes chipped) neutered. shes been very friendly and vocal with me, but not sure how she's be with complete strangers.

Dadie
25-Aug-10, 16:16
Can the new neighbours lock the catflap to only open one way?
So she can get in but not out...
I know you can on some catflaps.
Then if it is her just pop her in a cat carrier and take her home.

kriklah
25-Aug-10, 16:36
no, its one of the ones that has a slide in thingy!(i has one of them myself for a while till my cats tore it apart to get out!!)

Liz
25-Aug-10, 18:16
I have one if you can collect it? I live in Reiss.:D

kriklah
25-Aug-10, 22:19
well that was a quick turnabout!!!!

a big thank you to Liz for letting me borrow her trap....but never needed it!!! having gone all the way over to collect it, i then came home, went straight to neigbours to set it up, only to open the back porch door and there she was!!!! so put her in the trap to bring her back home where she is back in my bedroom with one of my other cats, stuffing her face with Whiskas!! doesnt seem any worse for her 8 day roughing it, wee bit subdued and full of sticky willies!!! but otherwise fine. so will be keeping her in for a bit longer yet and hope we dont have a repeat performance when i do decided to start letting her out again

Dadie
25-Aug-10, 22:23
Oh well butter the sticky willy balls to remove them.
And keep her in for a good long while.
And warn the kids not to let her out for the fear of death:lol:
But a happy ending!

Liz
25-Aug-10, 23:00
Great news and at least the trap came in handy for taking her home!:lol: