PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Recruitment

tip top
11-Jul-06, 11:35
Sorry if this has been posted already, but I saw this on the Tesco Recruitment site under new store openings.

WICK Recruitment Centre
Tesco Recruitment Centre
FORMER CAITHNESS GLASS FACTORY,
NORTH ROAD,
WICK
KW14 4DN

Recruitment Centre Opening Date 18/07/2006
Recruitment Centre Closing Date 27/11/2006
Recruitment Centre Tel No. TBC
Recruitment Centre Fax No. TBC

Hope anyone applying has as much luck as they want to have!

RockChick84
11-Jul-06, 11:54
I might apply there but I worked in a supermarket before and found it tedious and ended up dreading going to work. So maybe I shouldn't actually bother. Some people love that kind of work though!

ice box
11-Jul-06, 12:03
I might apply there but I worked in a supermarket before and found it tedious and ended up dreading going to work. So maybe I shouldn't actually bother. Some people love that kind of work though!And some people have no option it's a job .;)

connieb19
11-Jul-06, 12:04
And some people have no option it's a job .;)Just what I was thinking!!

RockChick84
11-Jul-06, 12:29
I wouldn't want to get a job there and dislike it like before, when someone who would like it could get the job. That happened when people got hired and left quickly at Homebase, etc. I was unemployed for ages and kept trying and trying and finally got a job 2 weeks ago - it's not easy.

ice box
11-Jul-06, 12:36
I wouldn't want to get a job there and dislike it like before, when someone who would like it could get the job. That happened when people got hired and left quickly at Homebase, etc. I was unemployed for ages and kept trying and trying and finally got a job 2 weeks ago - it's not easy.Yes but would any job be better than no job at all . ;)

RockChick84
11-Jul-06, 12:40
I've always stuck at every job I had - even at the supermarket when I disliked it. That kind of work isn't for everyone, some people don't have good customer skills, etc that's all I'm saying. I was going to apply at Tescos before I got my new job, but was worried I'd be crap at it if I got hired. Lack of confidence I suppose.

pink
11-Jul-06, 13:07
I've always stuck at every job I had - even at the supermarket when I disliked it. That kind of work isn't for everyone, some people don't have good customer skills, etc that's all I'm saying. I was going to apply at Tescos before I got my new job, but was worried I'd be crap at it if I got hired. Lack of confidence I suppose.

How many jobs have you had ?

RockChick84
11-Jul-06, 13:12
I've had 4 jobs in the past. 1 was work experience, 1 was a temporary post, I got paid off in another one and had to leave 1 of them due to being mistreated by other members of staff.

pink
11-Jul-06, 13:17
You sound young as someone with more maturity would know that a job is a job.

RockChick84
11-Jul-06, 13:20
I'm not going to patronised by people. I do know a job is a job. My replies to this post have all been taken out of context. I was just trying to get involved more on here that's all. Perhaps I didn't think my reply would get such reactions as it wasn't meant to be taken as it was. I've had bad luck in my past jobs and had severe lack of confidence as I kept failing at interviews - that's the main point I was trying to make. And because I'd spoke to people younger than me who said they'd rather be on the dole than work there.

connieb19
11-Jul-06, 13:20
I've had 4 jobs in the past. 1 was work experience, 1 was a temporary post, I got paid off in another one and had to leave 1 of them due to being mistreated by other members of staff.Which one of those was the supermarket?:confused:

pultneytooner
11-Jul-06, 13:21
I've had 4 jobs in the past. 1 was work experience, 1 was a temporary post, I got paid off in another one and had to leave 1 of them due to being mistreated by other members of staff.
If you didn't like working in a supermarket that is totaly up to you, nobody else, just because jobs are scarce some people think you should be thankful to have a job.
As for getting bullied at work well that's just terrible but unfortunately you may find yourself from time to time having to work with people you wouldn't normaly pass the time of day with and find the only option is to leave.
All power to you and I hope the job you have found is one that you enjoy doing.

RockChick84
11-Jul-06, 13:22
The supermarket one was where I had to leave as some of the other women were bitching about me and because I didn't fit in there I became miserable and not good at the job, I knew it wasn't right for me either but wanted to prove them wrong but I couldn't work where people were bitching and also, it was 16 hrs a week and I was getting my own flat. I had another job lined up when I left though!

pink
11-Jul-06, 13:25
I did not mean to sound patronising eh just that there is more jobs to a big store like that than filling the shelves . Someone has to do anyway.
Start down there and raise yourseslf up on the ladder and with your confidence.

connieb19
11-Jul-06, 13:26
If you didn't like working in a supermarket that is totaly up to you, nobody else, just because jobs are scarce some people think you should be thankful to have a job.
As for getting bullied at work well that's just terrible but unfortunately you may find yourself from time to time having to work with people you wouldn't normaly pass the time of day with and find the only option is to leave.
All power to you and I hope the job you have found is one that you enjoy doing.there is nothing worse than a bully at work. You expect this thing to stop as soon as you leave the playground but unfortunately sometimes it carries on into the workplace. Like school, I don't think that the person who is being bullied should be the one to leave. :~( They should be brought to the attention of the employers, who can then do something about it.!!

pultneytooner
11-Jul-06, 13:31
there is nothing worse than a bully at work. You expect this thing to stop as soon as you leave the playground but unfortunately sometimes it carries on into the workplace. Like school, I don't think that the person who is being bullied should be the one to leave. :~( They should be brought to the attention of the employers, who can then do something about it.!!
That's the point though connie, I'd imagine it is done on the fly and very hard to prove, at school you are stuck there but you can leave a job, I agree it's the mental midget bully who shold be made to leave but how much stress can a person take?

connieb19
11-Jul-06, 13:34
That's the point though connie, I'd imagine it is done on the fly and very hard to prove, at school you are stuck there but you can leave a job, I agree it's the mental midget bully who shold be made to leave but how much stress can a person take?If someone can stick it out long enough, they will find that the bully will usually be caught out eventually.

pultneytooner
11-Jul-06, 13:38
If someone can stick it out long enough, they will find that the bully will usually be caught out eventually. Probably connie but mental torture is one of the worst things you can do to a person and maybe they find it easier to leave than stay and fight but I do agree with your views on the matter though it would be very hard on the person involved.

Billy Boy
11-Jul-06, 16:11
does anyone know where i can get details of the job vacancies and rates of pay?

blondscot
11-Jul-06, 20:46
I dont think that they are recruiting yet for the shop staff until September i think it is. application forms will be in the job centre

neepnipper
11-Jul-06, 21:52
I heard today that Tesco is opening first week in November not December as they previously said.

pultneytooner
11-Jul-06, 22:41
Sooner the better can't wait .
Hope to join you there then, want back to wick, miss the old homestead:lol:

Phoebus_Apollo
11-Jul-06, 23:59
Tesco are only currently looking for Team Leaders and Line managers on the job Center Web Site - staff will be recruited in the coming months with probable massive JOGJ/CC adverts.

katarina
12-Jul-06, 09:05
I'm not going to patronised by people. I do know a job is a job. My replies to this post have all been taken out of context. I was just trying to get involved more on here that's all. Perhaps I didn't think my reply would get such reactions as it wasn't meant to be taken as it was. I've had bad luck in my past jobs and had severe lack of confidence as I kept failing at interviews - that's the main point I was trying to make. And because I'd spoke to people younger than me who said they'd rather be on the dole than work there.

Don't allow them to partronise you - I know what you meant and i'm sure others do too. Some people must be having an off day!