PDA

View Full Version : Our Town Wick & Thurso

our_town_magazine
24-Aug-10, 20:17
*New magazine for Caithness*

With almost 13,000 copies delivered free to every home and business in
the KW1 and KW14 postcode areas, 'Our Town' is your one stop solution
to accessing local businesses and services. Why look elsewhere, when everything you need is right on your doorstep.

Compact and convenient with information on the area's leading businesses and services both large and small, Our Town brings local customers and businesses together in a handy compact magazine you can keep by the
phone, store in your glove box, or carry in your handbag.

In these uncertain economic times, every one of us can appreciate the importance of supporting local business and services.
The importance of buying local and supporting local trades and businesses has
never been more vital, and here in the Highlands, small towns and villages need thriving local economies in order to survive.

So, our mission at Our Town is to enthuse all residents and businesses in the
area to buy local and in doing so help grow the local economy.

Visit our website at www.ourtownmag.co.uk for more details on advertising or how to contribute.

Jenny McCann
Publisher

Tugmistress
24-Aug-10, 21:31
Good luck in your venture, just been looking at the website but as a new business ourselves we can't afford those prices for advertising.

our_town_magazine
25-Aug-10, 10:18
You can advertise from as little as £85 including VAT for a full colour quarter page, which is then posted out to c.13,000 addresses in KW14 and KW1.

The magazine comes out every couple of months, so this should be an excellent option for any business in Caithness who wants to advertise their business.

Look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Best wishes in your new venture.

bridgeend
25-Aug-10, 21:59
You can advertise from as little as £85 including VAT for a full colour quarter page, which is then posted out to c.13,000 addresses in KW14 and KW1.

The magazine comes out every couple of months, so this should be an excellent option for any business in Caithness who wants to advertise their business.

This has been tried before in caithness and did not last.
The Groat is the main place to advertise in caithness

dragonfly
26-Aug-10, 07:49
This has been tried before in caithness and did not last.
The Groat is the main place to advertise in caithness

NOSN advertising prices are extortionate! I recently had a 6"x4" ad in a feature page which cost me £300, I checked my website hits for the week after it ran and there was no noticable difference at all so in my opinion a total waste of money.

As a new business I would rather pay £85 than £300.

I wish them every success a bit of healthy competition is a good thing

just editing to say I get more hits from having my website in my signature below and from Facebook than anywhere else and thats free

Mr Z
26-Aug-10, 13:06
Caithness already has the Caithness Advertiser, a monthly A5 colour brochure distributed free all over caithness and beyond with better rates and terms.
It has business ads and free classified ads with village features, stories and other bits and pieces.

changilass
26-Aug-10, 13:16
The Caithness advertiser aint that well distributed, I had not heard of it before your post and have never recieved it, so would welcome something that was actually delivered to all addresses.

I do however wonder why the advertising is so much more for Caithness than for the other publication.

EDDIE
26-Aug-10, 13:46

If its a local business is £85 is nothin realling if your advertising in 13000 homes in your area and i know if i get a magazine sent through the door i read it i think there is a differnce between getting a free magazine through door and junk mail which i hate
It would be probably suprise you how much peopleout the 13000 homes do read it and if there is something of interest in it the toung will wag and the news will spread

crayola
28-Aug-10, 17:31

I looked at your website and it says the price for a full colour quarter page advertisement in the Wick and Thurso edition is only £75. Quick, correct your post here and hopefully you'll get even more business. :)

You also forgot to say that there is a 'Minimum 3 issue booking' so the minimum cost to advertisers is actually £225 or £255.

Good luck with it! :)

our_town_magazine
30-Aug-10, 15:59
Just to cover a few points raised:

A quarter page is £75 inc VAT. Apologies, I was trying to do too many things at once that night!

I have heard of the Caithness Advertiser and it looks great. A few of my customers have mentioned it and I'm sure both can co-exist successfully.

Our town is posted out free to almost 13,000 households and businesses in Caithness by Royal Mail. A fantastic distribution and has a real quality feel. People seem really excited by the prospect of a magazine especially for them and their area.

The reason the Caithness edition costs more than some of the Ross-shire editions is due to distribution e.g Alness & Invergordon is sent to c6,000 addresses and Wick & Thurso is sent to c13,000.

Hope that answers a few questions and I know that if you do try it for advertising, you'll be pleased with the results.