PDA

View Full Version : Football Fun Festival - 26th Sept

Thurso Youth Club FC
24-Aug-10, 19:00
Could you please make this a sticky....

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/uploadedimages/t/h/thursoyouthclubfc-gallery-1533037.jpg

poppett
25-Aug-10, 21:44
Noticed your poster isn`t "sticky" yet Moonboots.

Best of luck with your venture.

Moonboots
26-Aug-10, 08:35
Yea i noticed that too Poppett. Will have to shout louder lol....

STICKY PLEASE!!!!

Moonboots
26-Aug-10, 16:42
Thank you !!!

Thurso Youth Club FC
13-Sep-10, 11:24
Hi All,

Just a reminder guys....

Only 2 weeks to go....

poppett
22-Sep-10, 23:18
Hope the weather improves for you for Sunday. Need some Tuggs magic before then.

speedo215
26-Sep-10, 19:06
i have to say that the tournament today seemed to be enjoyed by everyone and the setup appeared to be good but i have a few queries to make regarding the under 7's

Why were the coaches not informed about the obsticle course?

Why did some teams play each other twice and not all games completed?

And finally why were the medals for unders 7's handed out when games were still being played

All in all was a good day and the klaxon idea was superb and helped the day run smoothly

Bobinovich
26-Sep-10, 19:16
Congrats to TYCFC & TTIA for a fun time - could only make the morning but it kept my two happy for a couple of hours! Couldn't have asked for better weather & I hope the rest of the day went well.

Thurso Youth Club FC
27-Sep-10, 16:21
Hi Speedo215,

Glad that you liked the way we used the klaxon, setup and hope you enjoyed the day too.

Regarding your queries....

Why were the coaches not informed about the obsticle course?

The obstacle course was the twist however I contacted all by email on who deals with the teams as used by the Caithness Boys FA. If they did not inform the coaches then Im sorry but i can only use what contacts i have. The Team committee/members should have informed the coaches.

Why did some teams play each other twice and not all games completed?

The start of the festival did not go to plan due to not getting the netting out of the high school. This was locked away inside the school. This made the schedule miss the first 2 games. They were meant to have been replayed after all teams played. Some teams were going to be playing twice originally so then all age groups finished together. However this was missed out by Robin and due to not having referee's at the tournament, Myself and a few of the other coaches had to do this instead which made it harder to make sure everything was going to plan.

And finally why were the medals for unders 7's handed out when games were still being played

The Under 7's medals were handed out as a few people advised me that all teams were here however when i didnt notice that 2 teams were still playing until they did not come up for their medals.

I do appologise about the confusion as i was advised that the Under 7s were finished so i took it as genuine. I should have however checked myself before handing them out.. No more im taking anybodys word again...

This is our first tournament we have held and can only learn by our mistakes. 1st mistake - You cant rely on anyone..

poppett
27-Sep-10, 17:13
Delighted the weather changed for your big day yesterday.

Hope next year goes just as well, with more ideas for raising funds during the year being suggested here for you.

puffin croft
27-Sep-10, 18:26
it was a lovely day,i won 3 prizes out of 6 tombola tickets,the sun shone and a good day was had!

Missy Wick
27-Sep-10, 22:04
Well done on your fun day.

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

As I personally know - there is a lot of hardwork goes on for months beforehand to pull off a good day and you certainly did put in a lot of work and effort.

well done

Dadie
27-Sep-10, 22:23
As long as the kids enjoyed themselves...the blips wouldnt matter!
As long as fun was dished out and everyonegot a prize or sticker etc ... who cares..the parents? coaches or who?