PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if this has been posted

Ash
24-Aug-10, 16:25
Just a warning about pre-pay electric/gas keys.

Seems there are some people doing the rounds with Engineers master keys and offering top-ups at your door at a very reduced rate. Just thought I'd give you a heads up and don't do it, as much as it may be tempting to a few people who're on a tight budget (Aren't we all on a tight one at the moment lol).

The Company systems will see the discrepancy between your meter readings and their cost totals.

balto
24-Aug-10, 16:41
Just a warning about pre-pay electric/gas keys.

Seems there are some people doing the rounds with Engineers master keys and offering top-ups at your door at a very reduced rate. Just thought I'd give you a heads up and don't do it, as much as it may be tempting to a few people who're on a tight budget (Aren't we all on a tight one at the moment lol).

The Company systems will see the discrepancy between your meter readings and their cost totals.
seen this on the bottom of the recipt when i last topped up my electric key, in the end you will end up paying double for your electric, as the money you pay over your door step wont go towards your bill, just beware.

Kodiak
24-Aug-10, 16:57
seen this on the bottom of the recipt when i last topped up my electric key, in the end you will end up paying double for your electric, as the money you pay over your door step wont go towards your bill, just beware.

It is just not worth the risk, I would not do it and I suggest that if you get a caller like this phone the police.