PDA

View Full Version : Laptop adapter probs

porshiepoo
23-Aug-10, 20:25
My daughter has a Siemens laptop a little over a year old.
She's having problems with adapters though. Her original one stopped charging so she borrowed mine, now mine has stopped working on her laptop but still works on mine and her sisters so isn't broken.
She then borrowed her sisters new adapter which worked for a couple of months and is now broke.
Looking at the adapter hole on her laptop it looks as though it may be pushed back slightly.

Is there anyone in the area that we could drop it off to to get it looked at and fixed?

dx100uk
23-Aug-10, 23:58
although many other Power supply Units {PSU's] will work siemen laptops they do require a long reach plug

i'e when you plug the bit into laptop hole, you should still see some silver showing.

i would suspect the ones you are using are going right in & thus not reaching far enough in to make contact.

its a simple job to repair old PSU's sadly i'm not up that end of the world so's can't help , but if you look back through other laptop threads, you'll see there are numbers for local repairers well respected and recommended by others here.

dx

mrlennie
26-Aug-10, 21:38
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=117342

Ed campbell on 01955 621384
Friendly guy cheap rates (I'm not him lol)