PDA

View Full Version : Old Thurso

JSmillie
23-Aug-10, 12:33
Hello all I am an Ayrshire man who has a collection of old photographs of the Caithness area especially Thurso/Scrabster from the 40s,50s,60s.

I inherited them from an old friend. Can someone let me know the best way to show them on this site. I don`t want financial reward and I wouldn`t like these photographs to be exploited financially by others.

I have developed over sixty photographs and my aim is to share these with your readers. I am sure the old gent who took them would be delighted they are being shown. I know he loved to visit Caithness by the diverse views he has taken. Example (Thurso Bowling Club 1954 friendly match between half way cambuslang and the Residenteers. Other views include some street scenes Thurso and the Harbour Scrabster.

jsmillie

trinkie
23-Aug-10, 12:48
What a wonderful offer - many thanks.
You can show the photos on the Photography section, there is a
thread for Thurso Photos.... good luck. I look forward to seeing them.

You might need instructions as to how to get them on , but there's enough information on the Photo section. If you need more help
please ask, I'm sure a clever person will be only too happy to help you.

Again - many thanks
Trinkie

EDDIE
23-Aug-10, 13:35
You could also ask bill fernie he would probably put them up on the front page for everyone to see if you asked him to

Sporran
23-Aug-10, 15:02
I am very much looking forward to seeing your photographs, Mr Smillie! I love looking at old photos of Thurso, Scrabster and anywhere else in Caithness! :)

Kodiak
23-Aug-10, 18:50
In the section Old Thirsa Piccys, here is a link for that page :-

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=28034

The only thing posted in there are pictures of Old Thurso.