PDA

View Full Version : Canine smarts

_Ju_
23-Aug-10, 08:05
I just had to share this as it had me laughing like a loon with tears running down my face. It has been a long time since I had such a satisfying laugh!

It is a portuguese webpage, but don't let that put you off. You only need to understand "dog" for this video. It is the tenth down from the top, under "Estupidez Canina"(translated as Canine stupidity- and yes, this dog did miss out when smarts were being handed out! ;) ). If you know how to use your browser search facility, then just search for one of those words and it will jump right to it. Please make sure you are sitting down, and if unusually sensitive to laughter, put some "plastic breeks" on! The one directly below it ("Maluqueiras de cao" is also quite funny, by the way!)

http://anedotasrir.blogspot.com/

Liz
23-Aug-10, 12:50
Have seen it before but still makes me laugh!:lol::lol:

BO-PEEP
23-Aug-10, 14:20
Really really good , not seen that one before.

teenybash
23-Aug-10, 14:52
Absolutely hilarious....that back leg looks as if it has a mind of its own, sneaking up on him!!!!! Believe it or not I had a cat who was exactly the same...she was a great source of fun to watch as she flailed about attacking her tail because her foot was scratching her head..............:confused

Skirza
23-Aug-10, 15:29
Actually crying with laughter...thanks for that:lol:

Sarah
23-Aug-10, 20:40
I don't actually find it that funny, and haven't done for some time since seeing it a long time ago! It's quite clear that dog needs to see a behaviourist, which I don't find funny. If someone tried to take that bone off the dog, they would be in serious trouble.

Just my opinion. :)

_Ju_
24-Aug-10, 06:48
We had a dog, when I was a child, that I could take food from his mouth. He was of the sweetest nature a dog can be. However, if he was knawing a bone, he would snap if you tried or pretended to try to take it away, in a similair way to the dog in this video ( that I am sure you have to agree is well loved pet. He would snap, but without touching you most of the time. Or when touching you, would hold your hand in his mouth without applying a biting pressure.
Sarah, there are many family dogs who have peculiarities like these and that their owners know very well and adapt to. No cruelty has been perpetrated against the dog during the video. He (actually, I think she looks like a she) looks well cared for and is not a young dog. She does not look like a psycotic dog (many dogs exhibit similair behaviours to this to some extent, though not as far as this dog). I hear children in the background so presume this is an aged family pet of non descript pedigree. Laughing with this family at the peculiarities of their pet. If we cannot laugh at the foibles of our pets then a big part of the reason we keep them is gone.

Sarah
24-Aug-10, 17:17
We had a dog, when I was a child, that I could take food from his mouth. He was of the sweetest nature a dog can be. However, if he was knawing a bone, he would snap if you tried or pretended to try to take it away, in a similair way to the dog in this video ( that I am sure you have to agree is well loved pet. He would snap, but without touching you most of the time. Or when touching you, would hold your hand in his mouth without applying a biting pressure.
Sarah, there are many family dogs who have peculiarities like these and that their owners know very well and adapt to. No cruelty has been perpetrated against the dog during the video. He (actually, I think she looks like a she) looks well cared for and is not a young dog. She does not look like a psycotic dog (many dogs exhibit similair behaviours to this to some extent, though not as far as this dog). I hear children in the background so presume this is an aged family pet of non descript pedigree. Laughing with this family at the peculiarities of their pet. If we cannot laugh at the foibles of our pets then a big part of the reason we keep them is gone.

I'm sure there was a arcticle about this dog at some point, saying the dog didn't have a sound temprement. I will have to have a look for it.

Either way, you should be able to take anything off your dog if it is trained correctly. I certainly would not have that dog in a house with children.