PDA

View Full Version : WADF: New Fundraising Ideas

Tubthumper
22-Aug-10, 16:51
The old A-T Tickets are not viable any more :(, so what can we do to rejuvenate the WADF's fundraising?

Remember, ideas should involve Fun, engage our Community as much as possible, and most importantly raise loadsa money for our sports complex! :)

Pick any of the above, add a post if you have other ideas! :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
22-Aug-10, 17:03
No ideas to add however the sponsored tubs silence would not work so I have gone for giving you a good tub thumping. ;)

I bet there are a few out there who would have liked to see a sponsored tubs strangulation :Razz [lol]

Corrie 3
22-Aug-10, 17:56
Day trips to Portgower at £10 a time...only for the brave ones of course and professional vampire hunters....
Failing that, what about the grid thing were you have to pick a square which you think the cow has poo'd in!!.....£0.50 a go, make the grid as big as you can!!

:cool::eek::lol:

mrlennie
22-Aug-10, 18:00
One word - Pie-fight.

DeHaviLand
22-Aug-10, 22:15
you're having a laugh! if anyone silences tubs, im giving up!

Tubthumper
23-Aug-10, 10:03
I notice a couple of folk have opted for the weekly lottery tickets. Quite a few local football clubs run these, might be a saturated market.

- A pie-fight? Like it!
- Portgower tours - would we qualify for a Tourism Grant to set it up?
- Spot the Poop? Simple, cheap to run... how do we get the cow into the hall for the public draw though?

Keep 'em coming, whatever we do it only has to bring in around £2k a year to be better than the old tickets which weren't popular locally, as the Secretary pointed out.

Dog-eared
23-Aug-10, 19:42
Peedie man voted three times :lol: 3 users ?
I like the trip to Portgower idea best, you should amend your list ! :eek:

Tubthumper
23-Aug-10, 19:43
Peedie man voted three times :lol: 3 users ?
I like the trip to Portgower idea best, you should amend your list ! :eek:
I dinna ken how tae do that!!:eek:

Corrie 3
23-Aug-10, 20:15
- Spot the Poop? Simple, cheap to run... how do we get the cow into the hall for the public draw though?

Tubs,
15 squares across....15 squares down = 300 squares (I think)....£1 a go - £300........£100 prize money = £200 in the kitty!!

And you could have more than one card on the go on a weekly basis, each square is numbered and you get someone from the public to draw out the number.
£200 per week x 52 weeks = £10,400 per annum (I think)....

C3....:D

Tubthumper
24-Aug-10, 09:39
15 squared is 225, which (with a £100 prize) would give us £125 a week per grid and £6500 per year (much better that the old tickets were doing latterly). BUT, if volunteer sellers each took a grid and sold them to pals & mates like they did with the old tickets, and the committee and cause was rejuvenated so people could actually see a point in buying... :)

50 sellers doing a grid a week (less prizes) would bring £325 000 a year! We could even afford to buy our own cow for the weekly draw! And one out of every 225 squares sold would win £100, which is quite good fun and close to home for a work team or set of pals. :lol:

There would be all kinds of rules & complications though... :(