PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera

West Coaster
22-Aug-10, 13:17
I was wanting to buy a digital camera but when I went to look I was confused with all the different ones that are for sale. Does anyone know of one I could buy that is dead simple to use but gives good results?

Mystical Potato Head
22-Aug-10, 13:51
I was wanting to buy a digital camera but when I went to look I was confused with all the different ones that are for sale. Does anyone know of one I could buy that is dead simple to use but gives good results?

Are you thinking of a compact or a DSLR? If its DSLR then the Canon 450D is a great place to start,you can set it to automatic until you get to grips with it and then as you progress you can go on to the advanced user
settings.As for getting good results,well thats up to you more than it is the camera but the image quality of the 450D is very good and for your money you will be getting one of the best entry level DSLR'S you can get,i was delighted with mine but i have since moved on to a Canon 5DMKII thanks to overtime money.

But remember though,the good results are up to you,the camera will only record what you show it and at the settings you give it.A camera worth £2000 will give you superb image quality but you are responsable for the content.So at least if the photo was rubbish it would be good quality rubbish. :lol:
The 450D will cost around £400/450 with a 18-55mm lens.
Lots of bargains to be had on ebay though.

skinnydog
25-Aug-10, 20:17
If it is just for the run of the mill holiday snaps and nights out etc then I can't go past my Canon Ixus. Planning on buying a new one and someone recommended the Panasonic Lumix - it looks good. They both come in at around £120.

Rictina
25-Aug-10, 20:54
If it is just for the run of the mill holiday snaps and nights out etc then I can't go past my Canon Ixus. Planning on buying a new one and someone recommended the Panasonic Lumix - it looks good. They both come in at around £120.

Panasonic Lumix, had mine about 3 Months now good quality and idiot proof.