PDA

View Full Version : Am going to be a granny

purplelady
22-Aug-10, 01:48
This got me thinking what wud you prefer to be called garnny to me makes me sound so old and i hasten to add am not am only 50 still young lol I like nana has anyone else got any ideas lol cannot wait she is due on march the 1st had to keep it to myself foe weeks lol x

joxville
22-Aug-10, 01:58
I'd hate to be called granny too, I'd rather be called Grandpa. :lol:

Tugmistress
22-Aug-10, 09:51
I started getting 'granny' off Michael when we knew my eldest was due - after a few times of being called it i don't mind, though i call my mums mum nana, so it's just a case of what you feel comfortable with, and i'm a 43 year old granny lol

congratulations too :D

spurtle
22-Aug-10, 10:09
A friend of my Grandmother was asked "Whats it like being a Grandad?" "Fine" came the reply, " It's being married to a Grandmother that I object to"

shazzap
22-Aug-10, 10:40
All mine call me nana.

Doreen
22-Aug-10, 10:54
I get called nana sounds much better than granny im 47 so nana dunno why but sounds better:lol:

Scarybiscuits03
22-Aug-10, 12:48
We've had a nana, a gramma and a nanny......in the end the kid will decide depending on what they can say in the early years........nanooo, gamma......lol

telfordstar
22-Aug-10, 13:03
My mum prefered to be called granny as being called nana made her feel old!

ShelleyCowie
22-Aug-10, 13:06
My mum likes being called granny (as far as im aware) and she was 36 when she became a granny (i think...)

golach
22-Aug-10, 13:16
Mrs G always prefered Granma, as a granny down here is a thing that spins on top of a chimmney pot, I was always Grandad, I now have a new Grandson, he adopted me, and I am known as Grandad Billy to him, and I miss him already :)

cuddlepop
22-Aug-10, 17:01
My mother got my kids calling her "crazy granny" my X's mother was the "normal" and boring granny.

Me, well I'm called "crazy granny mark2" but thats quiet a mouthfull for my 6month old grandaughter so we'll see what she comes out with.:lol:

Dadie
22-Aug-10, 17:48
My girls call my mum and dad nanny and dada.
Mum wants to be called granny and dad should be granda but thats kids for you!

Bazeye
22-Aug-10, 18:03
Where and whens the Grab a Granny night in Caithness. Cant wait.;)

teenybash
22-Aug-10, 18:19
My granddaughter calls me Lala and Gran when she decides to wind me up!!!! What a minx she is. I don't mind, but Lala seems to have stuck......No I don't look like a Tellytubby...well, I don't think I do?:confused

cuddlepop
22-Aug-10, 19:34
My granddaughter calls me Lala and Gran when she decides to wind me up!!!! What a minx she is. I don't mind, but Lala seems to have stuck......No I don't look like a Tellytubby...well, I don't think I do?:confused

We had a neighbour who lived below us in the close and her grandkids called her Lala we thought the kids were taking the mick.:eek::)

Mrs Bucket
22-Aug-10, 19:53
Just enjoy your grandchild and be a Supergran

teenybash
23-Aug-10, 00:35
We had a neighbour who lived below us in the close and her grandkids called her Lala we thought the kids were taking the mick.:eek::)

Maybe it's a Glasgow thing, since that is my home town.:)

Vistravi
23-Aug-10, 11:33
My mum and stepdad wanted to be called grandma and grandad. I call mum granny to wind her up sometimes though :lol: Recently my stepdad has referred to himself as gang gang to my son and it be very funny if that stuck :lol:

My partners parents want to be called dadysma and dadpaba (sp not sure how to spell them yet!) Thats quite a mouthful so shall see what my son chooses to call them.

bagpuss
24-Aug-10, 21:00
why not take it to the other extreme and insist the grandchildren call you by your first name?

One lady who was in my class at school was a mum at 16, a granny at 32 and a great granny at 48- she got round it that way.

wicker8
26-Aug-10, 09:34
i am called granny im only 47 i dont feel old ,i think nana is fine but i prefer granny then its every body to there own