PDA

View Full Version : It's a small world....and an embarrassing one

crayola
22-Aug-10, 01:22
On a recent business trip to Las Vegas I was rescued from a gross, smelly and persistently annoying down and out by a scruffy youngish juggler from a distant Commonwealth country. He wasn't that good looking but he had honest eyes and a fit cocky swagger and I was at a loose end for a couple of days so I invited him back to my glitzy hotel for a swim and a drink. He may almost have been young enough to be my son but what the heck, he was good company for a couple of days and I would surely never see him again.....

Jump forward a little .....

I was in Edinburgh last week for a meeting with a prospective client that my employer has been courting for many months. After the meeting said client wanted to take in a certain sellout Fringe show. A pair of tickets for said show was somehow obtained and I was given the job of accompanying him to the show and then taking him for dinner afterwards. He is in his mid 50s with very expensive tastes and is smart but very conservative in every respect.

We went for a drink first and to my surprise he was quite charming and entertaining and I was enjoying his company more than I should. After a couple of drinks we headed off to the venue to queue up for decent seats. Despite taking an age to find the venue there were only two people ahead of us in the queue. There are no prizes for guessing who almost literally wet her pants with embarrassment when she saw who was grinning at the head of the queue wearing the same shirt he'd been wearing that first day in Vegas. How the heck was I going to explain him to my most important potential client of the year? I blushed like I hadn't blushed since I was 14 and I wished the earth would open up and swallow me whole. Then I considered grabbing my would-be client and running out screaming 'Fire!' at the top of my voice as my Vegas friend greeted me with a 'Hey C..!' and hugged me hard. If that wasn't awkward enough, what he said as he turned to my client made my embarrassment a hundred million times worse. :o

joxville
22-Aug-10, 01:46
If all it takes to pull you is honest eyes and a cocky swagger then I'll be in like Flynn! :)

John Little
22-Aug-10, 07:38
This is a saga which makes me wonder what happens next.

It would make a good basis for a film along the Sleepless in Seattle/ Bridget Jones/ Notting Hill style.

In fact - start writing the novel now....

Phill
22-Aug-10, 11:10
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.......Right!?? :confused

Did yer win yer clients business though or was that the end of the night.

(swim, is that what they call it now!)

Happy Guy
22-Aug-10, 11:14
Well Crayola - It certainly seems like you live life to the full!

Blarney
22-Aug-10, 12:46
......waiting with bated breath for the next instalment!!!! What was it he said? How did you explain him to your client? Did you get the contract? Was he worth it? Don't leave us hanging in the air Crayola, dish the dirt!!!

pegasus
22-Aug-10, 14:53
On a recent business trip to Las Vegas I was rescued from a gross, smelly and persistently annoying down and out by a scruffy youngish juggler from a distant Commonwealth country. He wasn't that good looking but he had honest eyes and a fit cocky swagger and I was at a loose end for a couple of days so I invited him back to my glitzy hotel for a swim and a drink. He may almost have been young enough to be my son but what the heck, he was good company for a couple of days and I would surely never see him again.....

Jump forward a little .....

I was in Edinburgh last week for a meeting with a prospective client that my employer has been courting for many months. After the meeting said client wanted to take in a certain sellout Fringe show. A pair of tickets for said show was somehow obtained and I was given the job of accompanying him to the show and then taking him for dinner afterwards. He is in his mid 50s with very expensive tastes and is smart but very conservative in every respect.

We went for a drink first and to my surprise he was quite charming and entertaining and I was enjoying his company more than I should. After a couple of drinks we headed off to the venue to queue up for decent seats. Despite taking an age to find the venue there were only two people ahead of us in the queue. There are no prizes for guessing who almost literally wet her pants with embarrassment when she saw who was grinning at the head of the queue wearing the same shirt he'd been wearing that first day in Vegas. How the heck was I going to explain him to my most important potential client of the year? I blushed like I hadn't blushed since I was 14 and I wished the earth would open up and swallow me whole. Then I considered grabbing my would-be client and running out screaming 'Fire!' at the top of my voice as my Vegas friend greeted me with a 'Hey C..!' and hugged me hard. If that wasn't awkward enough, what he said as he turned to my client made my embarrassment a hundred million times worse. :o
wot a load of old rubbish [lol]

crayola
22-Aug-10, 15:43
......waiting with bated breath for the next instalment!!!! What was it he said? Have a guess.

I will tell in time.

Bazeye
22-Aug-10, 18:08
Go on, you know you want to. PM me if you like seeing as I dont know you.

golach
22-Aug-10, 20:10
Have a guess.

I will tell in time.

Who cares crayola......I dont[lol]

Logical
22-Aug-10, 20:11
This aint one long joke now is it?

joxville
22-Aug-10, 22:33
Something about the way you come across Crayola makes me think of you when I hear this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhs1OfAcfq8

:D

scorrie
22-Aug-10, 23:49
It would make a good basis for a film

Random movie generator................. ;)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/easy-rider.jpg

Vistravi
23-Aug-10, 10:18
Oops ;):lol:

You are a dark horse lol. [lol]

joxville
23-Aug-10, 15:13
Random movie generator................. ;)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/easy-rider.jpg

Thanks Scorrie, pmsl

Margaret M.
23-Aug-10, 18:46
I was rescued from a gross, smelly and persistently annoying down and out

So what were you doing with my ex? :confused

Sporran
23-Aug-10, 21:05
Crayola, I have a picture of you in my head as looking like the glamorous Tanya Turner of Footballers' Wives, with a touch of her naughtiness as well! ;)

pegasus
23-Aug-10, 23:31
Who cares crayola......I dont[lol]
hahaha

perhaps he held a cross up to her an she turned into a pile of Navada sand?[lol]

welsh-witch
24-Aug-10, 00:32
you have to tell us, you cant just leave it like that, i wont sleep tonite now lol :Razz

sandyr1
24-Aug-10, 14:42
Crayola,
On June 20th you stated that you had met Stephen Hawking and had a chat with him, and how he had put you down!
Perhaps you could enlighten us about that 'Chance Meeting' before you go into another one. I think we would all be interested in how you became involved with such a notable celebrity.
Thankx..........

Oh, and Margaret M.....what a terrible thing to say about these necessary beings!

Logical
24-Aug-10, 15:53
Crayola,
On June 20th you stated that you had met Stephen Hawking and had a chat with him, and how he had put you down!
Perhaps you could enlighten us about that 'Chance Meeting' before you go into another one. I think we would all be interested in how you became involved with such a notable celebrity.
Thankx..........

Oh, and Margaret M.....what a terrible thing to say about these necessary beings!

Busted!?...

John Little
24-Aug-10, 16:01
Crayola,
Thankx..........

The mention of Stephen Hawking interested me so I wanted to know what she said to Hawking - so I looked on June 20. Crayola made one post.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=724963#post724963

It does not mention Hawking.

Can you supply correct date please?

DeHaviLand
24-Aug-10, 16:19
Yeah, I know, I've got nothing better to do http://www.forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=110737&highlight=stephen+hawking&page=2

John Little
24-Aug-10, 16:22
7 June. Thanks - interesting.

Long time ago though - perhaps a gentleman should not press a lady to reveal more if nothing has been forthcoming in nearly 2 months? ;)

DeHaviLand
24-Aug-10, 16:27
7 June. Thanks - interesting.

Long time ago though - perhaps a gentleman should not press a lady to reveal more if nothing has been forthcoming in nearly 2 months? ;)

5th June, over 2 months. Sandy a gentleman? I think you're slipping John :lol:

John Little
24-Aug-10, 16:29
I plead senility...........:eek:

crayola
26-Aug-10, 10:19
So what were you doing with my ex? :confused
And I thought I had bad taste in men. :lol:

Don't worry, I didn't give him a quarter towards his next JD.

This Pretty Face don't look at all like Tanya Roberts. I'm much taller than she is and I don't have droopy boobs. I'm not a wag or a slag and that accent and voice are so awful. :confused

As for what my Vegas mate said, here's a clue.....

We went for a drink first and to my surprise he was quite charming and entertaining and I was enjoying his company more than I should. After a couple of drinks we headed off to the venue to queue up for decent seats. Despite taking an age to find the venue there were only two people ahead of us in the queue. There are no prizes for guessing who almost literally wet her pants with embarrassment when she saw who was grinning at the head of the queue wearing the same shirt he'd been wearing that first day in Vegas. How the heck was I going to explain him to my most important potential client of the year? I blushed like I hadn't blushed since I was 14 and I wished the earth would open up and swallow me whole. Then I considered grabbing my would-be client and running out screaming 'Fire!' at the top of my voice as my Vegas friend greeted me with a 'Hey C..!' and hugged me hard. If that wasn't awkward enough, he turned to my client and said "Hey D.............!"

Tubthumper
26-Aug-10, 10:45
If that wasn't awkward enough, he turned to my client and said "Hey D.............!"

Dostoyevski?

Logical
26-Aug-10, 11:00
If that wasn't awkward enough, he turned to my client and said "Hey D.............!"

douchebag?..

John Little
26-Aug-10, 11:22
Nope - far worse - he called him 'Dad.'

Logical
26-Aug-10, 12:02
Oooh, thats brilliant!

Sporran
26-Aug-10, 19:47
This Pretty Face don't look at all like Tanya Roberts. I'm much taller than she is and I don't have droopy boobs. I'm not a wag or a slag and that accent and voice are so awful. :confused

It was Tanya Turner I mentioned, and I didn't notice anything droopy about her in Footballers' Wives. Are you an Amazon or a tall guy in drag, perhaps? ;)

crayola
28-Aug-10, 13:34
Nope - far worse - he called him 'Dad.'Right in one. I knew you were on the ball JL. :)

I'm thinking about stopping digging here. Hmmmmm. :confused

I realised I had the wrong Tanya in my last post a second after I logged out but I had the right one in my mind and I had an appointment to keep so I just left it wrong.

Charlie' Angels still rule OK. :)