PDA

View Full Version : Major Event Comming to Caithness in 2012

grumpyhippo
20-Aug-10, 21:10
I thought that I would give the org the heads up on an event, still at the planning stage, but that has listed Thurso (Scrabster) and Wick as stopping off places.

There is to be a round Britain race for power boats, top end sports cars and aircraft in July 2012. The details are still being developed but the organisers are suggesting that up to 75 power boats, 100 super and vintage cars and 50 aircraft will be taking part. (source 'Pilot' magazine Sept 2010 edition). The route gives Thurso as a stopping off point for the boats and cars and Wick for the the planes.

I know it a fair way off but might be a great event for the area if it goes ahead as descibed on their web site.

More details here........http://rb12.com/index.html

Phill
20-Aug-10, 21:16
Yup, could very much be a good giggle.

Kodiak
20-Aug-10, 21:21
Very Interesting and I do mean, Very interesting. I hope this does come about as I would love to see all those Boats and Cars.

A Photographers Heaven what else can I say but I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Dadie
20-Aug-10, 22:17
Looks like a big event!
Had fun one day at work when a party of Aston Martins turned up...
I got a run in one...the guys were green with envy and wouldnt speak to me for the rest of the day...I couldnt see what the fuss was about..they are just cars arnt they?
Funny to see them drooling over inaminate objects though!