PDA

View Full Version : Avatars???

connieb19
09-Jul-06, 22:48
Now there's so many new trusted members, oops, orgers, with avatars, it would be interesting to see the reasons the new orgers had for picking their avatars. I picked my one today after pultneytooners thread about bathing cats. What made everyone else pick theirs? :confused

willowbankbear
09-Jul-06, 22:50
I watched Pirates of the Caribbean on Friday Hence the flag, but usually whatever takes my mood that day;)

Chobbersjnr
09-Jul-06, 22:51
shameless self promotion

lassieinfife
09-Jul-06, 22:51
mine is pic of my rosebush i was given on birth of youngest grandaughter Amy, born almost 2 yrs ago........... it a lovely white rose with pink tinge under petals

Cedric Farthsbottom III
09-Jul-06, 22:55
Mine is Calvin fae "The Calvin and Hobbes"cartoons.Mad for cartoons me!!!Its not Oor Wullie as folk have asked.Although I do get ma Sunday Post every Sunday to catch up wi' Wullie in Auchenshoogil.The Broons rock too!!!!:lol: :lol:

candyfloss
09-Jul-06, 23:05
Oh! I'm sooooo excited i just got my avatar :Razz I just love tatty teddys :Razz

Jeid
09-Jul-06, 23:44
I got mine based on the O Rly? Owl

Like this dude...

http://gamersmafia.com/cache/thumbnails/193x193/storage/users/0/o_rly_owl.jpg

scrapydoo
09-Jul-06, 23:46
mines is a warning lmao

Cedric Farthsbottom III
09-Jul-06, 23:50
mines is a warning lmao

As long as the voodoo doll isnae made o' a beer can,scrapydoo.Cos if it is I'm squashed!!!!:lol: :lol:

darkie@dreamtilt.com.au
10-Jul-06, 09:00
Now there's so many new trusted members, oops, orgers, with avatars, it would be interesting to see the reasons the new orgers had for picking their avatars. I picked my one today after pultneytooners thread about bathing cats. What made everyone else pick theirs? :confusedHow does one go about getting one Connie?

Blazing Sporrans
10-Jul-06, 09:16
Mine is Calvin fae "The Calvin and Hobbes"cartoons.Mad for cartoons me!!!Its not Oor Wullie as folk have asked.Although I do get ma Sunday Post every Sunday to catch up wi' Wullie in Auchenshoogil.The Broons rock too!!!!:lol: :lol:

I'm sorry but how can anyone with any sense confuse Calvin for Wullie? The Oor Wullie of the Dudley D Watkins era was superb, however Calvin & Hobbes is the best comic strip ever. Bill Watterson is a genius and hopefully one day he'll put pen to paper again.... I live in hope.

newpark
10-Jul-06, 09:24
Just got mine and it is a painting called "Hounds at Sunrise" Love animals especially dogs.

footie chick
10-Jul-06, 10:35
How does one go about getting one Connie?

Under User CP top left hand corner click on edit avatar:)

cuddlepop
10-Jul-06, 12:22
Iam incredibly thick Footie chick so need more instuctions.Can you give me the idiot guide.Have been trying all morning and have got nowhere:confused

tisme
10-Jul-06, 12:26
Hi Cuddlepop, it took me a wee while to suss it out. I went to a free avatar site on the web, downloaded the ones I liked onto my desktop, then just selected in the browse section from there. Hope this helps:D

cuddlepop
10-Jul-06, 12:49
Thanks for that Tisme,will give it a try.:Razz

willowbankbear
10-Jul-06, 13:17
How does one go about getting one Connie?

yOUve got to be on the org for 6 months Darkie, so 2 months to go for you man;)

connieb19
10-Jul-06, 13:35
yOUve got to be on the org for 6 months Darkie, so 2 months to go for you man;)No, the rules have changed, Darkie is an orger so will be able to have an avatar...:Razz

Naefearjustbeer
10-Jul-06, 14:04
mine is a self portrait from a create your own south park character website

willowbankbear
10-Jul-06, 14:09
No, the rules have changed, Darkie is an orger so will be able to have an avatar...:Razz

When since? My mum is at me about it , but she hardly posts.

Why you not at work connie? Ye planning a swim to cool off today?:lol:

young_fishin_neep
10-Jul-06, 14:38
No, the rules have changed, Darkie is an orger so will be able to have an avatar...:Razz

what are the new rules then ?

kaz xx

connieb19
10-Jul-06, 14:51
what are the new rules then ?

kaz xxHave a look here kaz!!:D
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=11767

young_fishin_neep
10-Jul-06, 15:00
ahhhh ok so i think i have a while to go

kaz xx

Niall Fernie
10-Jul-06, 15:19
Just for information, we now have 302 ".Orgers" and 13 "1K.Orgers" and its good to see that we now have over 1000 "Active Members" (that's members who have logged in during the last 30 days), just over 1 third of all registered members.

jings00
10-Jul-06, 15:22
I use Fat Freddy's Cat cos i like him (and the fabulous furry freak brothers too)

golach
10-Jul-06, 15:25
My avatar, just describes me to a tee, and I like cats[lol]

changilass
10-Jul-06, 16:05
My avater was the merlion, the symbol of Singapore (there is a great big one at the harbour at Changi), but have just changed it to a Newfoundland, as we have 2 of them, the younger of the 2 is trying to redesign our house as I type.

porshiepoo
10-Jul-06, 16:29
Mine (hopefully) is now my dawgie - Bailey wailey woowoo - but I think he'll look a bit squished and square cos I didn't know how to make the file the right size. :eek:
Of course, I could have made a complete balls up of the whole thing and still have the fantasy horse!

connieb19
10-Jul-06, 16:35
Mine (hopefully) is now my dawgie - Bailey wailey woowoo Is that his name or are you just getting a bit over excited?:eek:

krieve
10-Jul-06, 16:37
Mines is now a old crazy dog. lol

Sporran
10-Jul-06, 17:01
Well, I like butterflies and flowers, and I thought this avatar was bonnie. My previous one was even more appropriate. It was a butterfly on a thistle, and being the proud Scotswoman that I am, thought it was nice to have the floral emblem of Scotland in my avatar. :)

obiron
10-Jul-06, 17:58
i picked mine cos i'm a huge star wars fan. couldnt decide between alec guiness or yoda or r2d2. saved all three but ended up picking obi-wan.

Billy Boy
10-Jul-06, 18:03
our 's reminds me so much of billy boy hee hee:lol: :lol:

Ricco
10-Jul-06, 18:08
Mine is a Canadian ice hockey team's logo... 'cos I am Canadian, love ice hockey, and it represents the Orca. Just love orcas and Indian art. :D

Elenna
10-Jul-06, 19:00
Mine is a fairy, because I love fairies! I have a small collection, the mascot on the fanfiction website I co-manage is a fairy, and because I always send them cards and little gifts with fairies on, my best friends children call me The Fairy Lady!

I thought this one looked so lovely, serene, and very elegant...though I don't think that is like me at all :roll: I may change her if I find one that I like better, but for now the pretty blue fairy will do.

rockchick
10-Jul-06, 19:09
I use Fat Freddy's Cat cos i like him (and the fabulous furry freak brothers too)

I can't believe someone on here knows about the Freak brothers! My (now ex-)boyfriend's best friend looked EXACTLY like Phineas Freak.

canuck
10-Jul-06, 23:20
Mine is a Canadian ice hockey team's logo... 'cos I am Canadian, love ice hockey, and it represents the Orca. Just love orcas and Indian art. :D

I know what it is, but Canuck won't tell. But I can be bribed with a donation to the airfare fund.

LRM
11-Jul-06, 08:12
Mine is the (unofficial) orkney flag.