PDA

View Full Version : Installed a CIS but not printing right colours

dragonfly
20-Aug-10, 16:01
I have an Epson R1400 photo printer and recently converted to Lyson Continuous Ink system to give better value however I find that the prints are all coming out too red. I have read the instructions and tried using the Lyson profiles but still seems to give prints a red cast..............this is weather printed through photoshop or through windows gallery

anyone able to help?????????

dx100uk
20-Aug-10, 16:25
you should be able to adjust the colours under the colour management tab of the printer/properties page in control panel or printer and faxes from start menu

dx

dragonfly
20-Aug-10, 17:39
yep done all that not sure if I have messed up the profiles when trying to get it sorted!!

dx100uk
21-Aug-10, 01:21
what does the printer own onboard test page via the button produce?

i'd be inclined to contact lyson.

we used then for a number of years and they were always very helpful.

it may well be there is an issue with the red ink density or pigmentation.

dx

dragonfly
21-Aug-10, 08:25
I was thinking about doing that too or Marutt who I purchased it from.

thanks anyway

gillsbay
21-Aug-10, 18:52
This can be caused by "double profiling" where the profile is applied by whatever program you are printing from and also by the printer driver, you should have been given instructions on the settings to use with your CIS, check and double check that you are using the correct settings. These days I tend to do very little photo printing and just use oem inks but I wasted a lot of ink learning a little about colour management a few years ago.