PDA

View Full Version : £100,000 under spend on Police Budget

philupmaboug
09-Jul-06, 21:54
Given recent journal information, if you had £100,000 of police funding to spend, what would you spend it on???

Kingetter
09-Jul-06, 21:57
Extra Orgernising.

willowbankbear
09-Jul-06, 22:06
swimwear for the officers

connieb19
09-Jul-06, 22:09
swimwear for the officersLOL, I'm saying nothing!!!:lol:

philupmaboug
09-Jul-06, 22:09
Do you mean swimwear for a certain skinny dipper cop?

willowbankbear
09-Jul-06, 22:12
No:Razz whatever gave you that Idea?
What are ye going to spend it on, Im saving the rest for a rainy dayLOL

Kingetter
09-Jul-06, 22:14
No:Razz whatever gave you that Idea?
What are ye going to spend it on, Im saving the rest for a rainy dayLOL
Won't last you long then, will it?

philupmaboug
09-Jul-06, 22:16
A few more traffic wardens as the existing chap is overworked and needs a friend.

Kingetter
09-Jul-06, 22:17
A few more traffic wardens as the existing chap is overworked and needs a friend.
And a pension maybe?

willowbankbear
09-Jul-06, 22:25
Maybe a bucket of stones & tub of tar, so I could fill in all the holes on the roads in Wick. I still would have £99,500 left for a storm[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
09-Jul-06, 22:27
Would they know buy more doughnuts!!!

Kingetter
09-Jul-06, 22:29
Maybe a bucket of stones & tub of tar, so I could fill in all the holes on the roads in Wick. I still would have £99,500 left for a storm[lol]

You got a long life ahead of you? cos for that you'd need time - lots of it!

willowbankbear
09-Jul-06, 22:37
Are they back to the swallow up whole families size again where yer whole car dissappears?

JAWS
10-Jul-06, 04:09
Just bear that under spend in mind. It won't be long before the perpetual moan goes up about not having a big enough Budget.

Usually when there is an under spend in such an organisation, especially when the money could have been used to very good effect, the reason is usually that somebody is trying to impress those higher up the Organisation with an eye to the next step up the ladder.

The usual result is that the person responsible furthers their own career by moving up and on whilst somebody else is left to take the blame for the damage they have done.

Putting aside the usual complaints we all make from time to time about being picked on for speeding or for a noisy exhaust just think back over the last twelve months about the number of threads complaining about a lack of Police presence or action because of lack of manpower.

Once again Caithness is being made to suffer shortages by people whose main interest is elsewhere.

Once again Caithness is being used as an unwanted part of a large organisation which can be robbed of bits to keep things elsewhere running smoothly.

Caithness deserves better and it's time to tell those who do not accept it that it's time to move on because we are sick of being taken for a ride by them.

Making the best use of resources indeed. How pathetic can you get, once again Caithnessians are being treated like morons and it simply is not good enough.
!

Blazing Sporrans
10-Jul-06, 08:14
Just a wee thought here - for anyone who knows Iain Grant (the P&J journalist who ran this story) - How much would you trust this guy? And as far as I'm aware "An insider said" is newpaper speak for "I'll make up my own wee unattributable quote here and no-one can prove any different". I'm not saying there's no underspend or that there's an excuse for it, I just happen to know that I was once "quoted" by Iain Grant and I've never spoken to him yet on the subject that I was "quoted" on.... so pass me that bucket of salt when I read anything with his name on the byline.

willowbankbear
10-Jul-06, 08:28
Aye , but you cant believe anything Journalists say anyway, especially not the Sun or the Record Scribes as unless you see it happening 90% of it is more than likely made up!

Live football means they cant get away with lies anymore as you are watching the same game as them, whereas years ago ye had to read the papers for knowedge & they wrote what they felt.

So as the journo`s motto says why let the truth get in the way of a good story?

JAWS
11-Jul-06, 14:35
The accounts will show if there is an underspend or not!

j4bberw0ck
11-Jul-06, 14:52
How about a real first? If it wasn't spent, why not give it back to the people whose money it is? The poor, long-suffering taxpayers...................... ;)

Blazing Sporrans
11-Jul-06, 15:05
How about a real first? If it wasn't spent, why not give it back to the people whose money it is? The poor, long-suffering taxpayers...................... ;)

Nice idea, however we all know it'll go to subsidise the areas with an overspend. Inverness possibly??

JAWS
13-Jul-06, 01:10
Nice idea, however we all know it'll go to subsidise the areas with an overspend. Inverness possibly??My thinking exactly, it will be swallowed up gratefully by those at the Power Base.
"Please sir, please sir, I've saved an apple for you sir. You won't forget it when you do my School Report, will you sir?"