PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Fillets

kitty
19-Aug-10, 16:11
I've bought some salmon fillets and now i'm not sure how i want to cook them. I've had a look at recipes on line but just can't decide so thought i'd find out how everyone else likes to have them :D

dragonfly
19-Aug-10, 16:50
put them in tin foil add a knob of butter some salt & pepper and shove them in oven for 15-20 mins or

if you have any cajun spice cover in that and either grill in george forman type girll or dry fry or

poach in water/steam in steamer until pink

all simple and tasty

Ash
19-Aug-10, 16:54
we put our salmon in the wok... hubby adds soy sauce, ginger, garlic and a wee drop of honey its lovely with stir fry veg and noodles

kitty
19-Aug-10, 19:03
Thanks Dragonfly and Ash... think i might try the cajun spice :)

Dadie
19-Aug-10, 21:12
I just like mine grilled with a little pepper.
Then the leftovers get made into fishcakes with a couple of finely chopped chillies and grated lemon rind with mashed tatties.
I used to add coriander leaf to them as well but the girls wont eat the green bits!

Skirza
23-Aug-10, 21:01
Try grilling the salmon and making a sauce as follows:

1 measure of whisky
1 tablespoon fresh dill
juice of 1 lemon
sugar to taste
Dollop (technical term :D) double cream

heat the whisky and dill and flame
when the flame has died down add the lemon and sugar to taste. Cook for about 3-5 mins until slightly reduced, add the cream and cook for a further minute. Pour over the grilled salmon...delicious :D

puffin croft
25-Aug-10, 19:28
mix dollop of pesto with white breadcrumbs and spread over the top of the salmon,pop in the oven for 10 mins, u can use any fish fillets for this.serve with a handful of fresh herbs ,chopped and stirred into some mayo and new potatoes,tasty!

elaine834
30-Nov-10, 18:46
salmon fillets topped with grated cheddar cheese and pour orange juice over, delish

lindsaymcc
30-Nov-10, 19:39
we do ours in tin foil, with a little white wine vinegar, salt and pepper.

Serve with new potatoes and asparagus!

changilass
30-Nov-10, 19:52
We had them last night as kebabs, cut into large cubes, marinated in lime and corriander and put on skewers with various other bits, yummy.

golach
01-Dec-10, 15:05
I like my salmon done the Nick Nairn way, Baked in lemon Butter, second recipe on the link, so easy and tasty
http://www.trout-salmon-fishing.com/salmon-recipes.htm

madmax
01-Dec-10, 20:14
salmon fillets topped with grated cheddar cheese and pour orange juice over, delish

Sure Was. :D