PDA

View Full Version : thanks for the memory

rich
19-Aug-10, 15:00
So how is your memory? Getting forgetful? Losing stuff all the time? Rushing upstairs on some urgent task and forgetting half way what it was you were after in the first place?

This seems to be a universal problem among the over 40s.

How do Orgers cope?

I buy three or four items at a time knowing for sure that three will have slipped into another dimension within an hour of purchasing.

We serial losers are not alone.

Consider this sad tale from New York City:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/18/nyregion/18about.html?scp=1&sq=missing%20pants&st=cse

Gleber2
19-Aug-10, 15:31
So how is your memory? Getting forgetful? Losing stuff all the time? Rushing upstairs on some urgent task and forgetting half way what it was you were after in the first place?

This seems to be a universal problem among the over 40s.

How do Orgers cope?

I buy three or four items at a time knowing for sure that three will have slipped into another dimension within an hour of purchasing.

We serial losers are not alone.

Consider this sad tale from New York City:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/18/nyregion/18about.html?scp=1&sq=missing%20pants&st=cse
Who are you??:D

wicker8
19-Aug-10, 15:36
i know that feeling well i not have started to write things down :Razz

pegasus
19-Aug-10, 15:59

Brain fog!
:roll:
Heck I cant remembr a thing but I know it was something important!

Misplacing keys money shoping

nothing to be concerned about happens to evry one.

Doesnt it? :lol:

Some of the perks to look forward to as you grow older .......

Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.

Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.

You sing along with elevator music.

Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.

You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.

People call at 9 PM and ask, "Did I wake you?"

People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.

Things you buy now won't wear out.

You enjoy hearing about other peoples operations.

You get into heated arguments about pension plans.

You can eat dinner at 4 P.M.

There is nothing left to learn the hard way.

You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.

You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.

Your eyes won't get much worse.

Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.

You can't remember who sent you this list.

Peg x

rich
19-Aug-10, 16:34
But you've left something out, only I can't remember what....

pegasus
19-Aug-10, 16:56
But you've left something out, only I can't remember what....

Brain overload my friend! :lol:

ducati
19-Aug-10, 17:00
I've rushed upstairs on an urgent task. Then remembered I live in a bungalow :eek:[lol]

George Brims
20-Aug-10, 02:03

My problem is I am convinced we're out of something, and buy one, only to find three more in the larder. Anyone short of barbecue sauce? I bought some last night only to find three identical bottles in the cupboard.

Half an hour later I am enjoying my turkey burger only to realise I didn't use any sauce on it.

Ricco
20-Aug-10, 08:10
I have been getting some mild aspects of this for some years but have learned to compensate by making little lists - today's tasks are already on a piece of paper and I'll work my way through them.

What worries me is that my (younger) wife is also beginning to forget things. But, of course, she claims that she isn't!! lol

Bazeye
20-Aug-10, 12:45
I like playing little tricks on my OH, purely for my own amusement. The other night we were about to watch a DVD so my Oh made two cups of tea ,some cheese and crackers and pickles, while i was reading the paper. She then went to the toilet and while she was there I put everything back in the kitchen and carried on reading the paper. when she got back she sat down, looked around, shook her head and said "I must be losing it" or words to that effect, went back into the kitchen and brought them through again. Should I tell her? [lol]