PDA

View Full Version : Northlink Meeting?? Views sought on ferry cuts

ter21wat
19-Aug-10, 10:49
There was an article on this on the front page of the JOG last friday and I am sure it said they were holding a meeting today at 2pm in the Park Hotel.....but now I cant find anything about a meeting and dont have a copy of last weeks paper!

Does anyone else know anything about it?

Tugmistress
19-Aug-10, 11:10
can't help i'm afraid but maybe give the hotel a ring?

ter21wat
19-Aug-10, 11:53
Duh!! Thanks Tugmistress, my brains not fully engaged this morning!

I have phoned the hotel and the meeting is being held today between 1.30pm and 5pm in the Orange Room at the Hotel (refreshments available).

I hope anyone who has an interest in the Northlink sailings turns up to voice their opinions....

Tugmistress
19-Aug-10, 12:01
Wish i could go but not feeling up to it, over did things yesterday :( would love to hear what's said! and would probably get myself in trouble anyway lol (my job being at risk etc).

ter21wat
19-Aug-10, 12:14
Im going to try to attend in my lunch break....I will update you later this afternoon. Coming from Shetland I am still a regular user of the north boats to travel home and in my opinion some of the options they are looking at are just not feasible and are not taking into account the valuable service the boats provide the far north and islands, especially since air service is so poor and expensive!

Tugmistress
19-Aug-10, 12:41
Thanks, that would be appreciated, my better half is from Shetland too but now has no reason to go back up but in a purely selfish way i don't want any cuts or wages will be cut and i can't afford to loose a third of that!

Mr P Cannop
19-Aug-10, 13:07
any meeting papers for this meeting ??

Mr P Cannop
20-Aug-10, 19:25
does anyone have any reports for this ??

orkneycadian
21-Aug-10, 03:52
some of the options they are looking at are just not feasible and are not taking into account the valuable service the boats provide the far north and islands, especially since air service is so poor and expensive!

Thank God for good, inexpensive, reliable Pentland Ferries then!

Sara Jevo
21-Aug-10, 10:57
Here's the link to the consultation document.

Scottish Government (http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2010/06/17134718/3)

One thing I don't quite understand . . . there are two year-round ferry services operating on the Pentland Firth. One requires a huge subsidy from the Government, the other doesn't. Why?