PDA

View Full Version : Osborne's big ideas

bagpuss
18-Aug-10, 21:03
While winter fuel allowance for pensioners and family allowance look to be in the firing line, I can think of a few obvious cuts that might be made nearer Number 11

Why not make the MPs and Cabinet offer up a small sacrifice by way of voluntarily giving up their family allowance (Dave and George both have children) by means of an example. take same children out of their private schools and send them to state schools and donate the school fees to the budget deficit. Their teenagers can take a gap year and do voluntary service along with the troops overseas as a token of their committment to foreign policy.

Sack the servants in Numbers 10 and 11 and get the wives- the lovely Samantha and frances to do all the cleaning and cooking, with help from the kids.

And an even better wheeze- close down the dining rooms and bars in the House of Commons, ban all alcohol from the Commons and from party conferences and get Mps and civil servants to take their own piece boxes into the House. Extend working hours there from 8am-8pm and if their constituencies are outside London, put them up in a hostel.

I've posted all this on their good ideas websites- but wonder when they will get round to replying. perhaps when pork sausages go flying over Number 10?

Bazeye
18-Aug-10, 21:29
[quote=bagpuss;749746]

And an even better wheeze- close down the dining rooms and bars in the House of Commons, ban all alcohol from the Commons quote]

And if thet want a smoke they can go outside.

Walter Ego
18-Aug-10, 22:28
While winter fuel allowance for pensioners and family allowance look to be in the firing line, I can think of a few obvious cuts that might be made nearer Number 11

Why not make the MPs and Cabinet offer up a small sacrifice by way of voluntarily giving up their family allowance (Dave and George both have children) by means of an example. take same children out of their private schools and send them to state schools and donate the school fees to the budget deficit. Their teenagers can take a gap year and do voluntary service along with the troops overseas as a token of their committment to foreign policy.

Sack the servants in Numbers 10 and 11 and get the wives- the lovely Samantha and frances to do all the cleaning and cooking, with help from the kids.

And an even better wheeze- close down the dining rooms and bars in the House of Commons, ban all alcohol from the Commons and from party conferences and get Mps and civil servants to take their own piece boxes into the House. Extend working hours there from 8am-8pm and if their constituencies are outside London, put them up in a hostel.

I've posted all this on their good ideas websites- but wonder when they will get round to replying. perhaps when pork sausages go flying over Number 10?

I take it you read the tabloids and believe everything therein?

balto
18-Aug-10, 22:45
i believe that the winter fuel benifit and child allowance should be means tested, it seems unfair to target people who will be forced into hardship if they take these payments away, some people it wont affect if they have this money or not. But to you know what is really getting my goat up is couples that lie on the dole and have child after child , because all these benifits make it to easy for them to do so, high time people like this were targated and forced to get of their rearends and support their own kids, instead of all us tax payers who actually work to look after our familys, ok rant over.

Fly
18-Aug-10, 23:34
i believe that the winter fuel benifit and child allowance should be means tested, it seems unfair to target people who will be forced into hardship if they take these payments away, some people it wont affect if they have this money or not. But to you know what is really getting my goat up is couples that lie on the dole and have child after child , because all these benifits make it to easy for them to do so, high time people like this were targated and forced to get of their rearends and support their own kids, instead of all us tax payers who actually work to look after our familys, ok rant over.

Quite agree

ShelleyCowie
19-Aug-10, 09:10

Very well said Balto! Youre good when u get going :lol:

Iv been targeted a few times telling me to get back to work. :roll: I was going to go back to work this year, but nobody would employ me due to being pregnant. Insurance and all that which i understand!

Also...i really dont care what other people say! Iv worked hard since the day i left school. So i dare say for now i deserve to watch my kids grow up. My husband works hard to enable me not to work just yet. He would rather see me happy ay home for now.

balto
19-Aug-10, 13:51
Very well said Balto! Youre good when u get going :lol:

Iv been targeted a few times telling me to get back to work. :roll: I was going to go back to work this year, but nobody would employ me due to being pregnant. Insurance and all that which i understand!

Also...i really dont care what other people say! Iv worked hard since the day i left school. So i dare say for now i deserve to watch my kids grow up. My husband works hard to enable me not to work just yet. He would rather see me happy ay home for now.
your dear husband works hard to spupport his family, and yes you deserve to watch your babys grow up, i would also if i had the paience lol, so i salute you for that.

its the folk that sit on benifits, producing child after child and expects the world to own them a living, high time our prime minister figured out where these cuts should take place, it certainly isnt against hard working familys and oaps total disgrace.

Corrie 3
19-Aug-10, 14:37
The winter fuel payments and child allowance should be means tested and only the poorest should benefit.....Why should a millionare get £250 every year to go towards their fuel costs, its peanuts to them but a lot to a poor pensioner living on £98 per week...Child benefit should stop after the 2nd child, this will make people think before they have anymore !!!

[disgust][disgust]

balto
19-Aug-10, 16:10
The winter fuel payments and child allowance should be means tested and only the poorest should benefit.....Why should a millionare get £250 every year to go towards their fuel costs, its peanuts to them but a lot to a poor pensioner living on £98 per week...Child benefit should stop after the 2nd child, this will make people think before they have anymore !!!

[disgust][disgust]
agree with your 1st part, but as for stopping child benifit after the 2nd child, that seems crazy, i work hard to support my children all 4 of them, child benifit just helps pay for the extra bits they need.

pat
20-Aug-10, 09:43
I know several folk who now live in USA, Spain, South Africa, Australia who all collect their heating allowance from the UK government due to the fact they receive a small pension from having worked a short time in UK, I personally consider it is time this leakage of money was stopped.
As for the people who have no intention of working but keep on producing children to enable them to keep up a very good standard of living - making it impossible for work to be obtained which would pay the equivalent money when you include all the benefits they would lose.
Where do you suggest the number of children they receive benefits for are levelled - 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, then any more and no more benefits, you have any other children at your own expense

ducati
20-Aug-10, 10:29
New study from a transport think tank recomends ending unprofitable raural bus services and rolling out congestion charging to all areas. Putting the money gained/saved into high speed rail links.

Anyone see any advantage there for Caithness [lol]

bagpuss
22-Aug-10, 18:37
Interesting idea- perhaps everyone whoudl live within walking distacne of their employment and apply for permits before travelling more than 10 miles from home?

rob murray
23-Aug-10, 17:08
I know several folk who now live in USA, Spain, South Africa, Australia who all collect their heating allowance from the UK government due to the fact they receive a small pension from having worked a short time in UK, I personally consider it is time this leakage of money was stopped.
As for the people who have no intention of working but keep on producing children to enable them to keep up a very good standard of living - making it impossible for work to be obtained which would pay the equivalent money when you include all the benefits they would lose.
Where do you suggest the number of children they receive benefits for are levelled - 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, then any more and no more benefits, you have any other children at your own expense

Well they would be advised that they can claim Family Credit ie topping up their wages so it would be economic to work. Many, many people on low wages access Family Credit so they can survive...no matter the size of you family