rangers1873
09-Jul-06, 10:46
spotted a rat

connieb19
09-Jul-06, 10:49
spotted a rat:eek: I wont be going near there then!!![disgust]

rangers1873
09-Jul-06, 10:49
was up at the shallow end last night, and down at the deep end at the white steps spotted a rat running across the steps.think it must of come out of the wall.anybody planning taking there kids be careful.

katarina
09-Jul-06, 11:09
Was that not the reason it was closed in the first place? But rats or no, it's where i learned to swim and I still have many happy memories. We very occasionally saw a rat but they did not bother us, and we did not bother them. (thinking back, shudder) We went every night after school, rain or shine. I think it was the remains of our picnics that attracted the beasties.
I once saw a rat cross the road in front of the camps bar.

pulteney person
09-Jul-06, 11:11
There are rats all over the place. I see them regularly at the North Bath, the Trinkie, the river, the distillery, the burn near the distillery and the harbour and I see them running across the roads all over the county.
As they say, there are probably more rats than people in the UK, therefore you will never be far from one although you may not be aware of it.

There is always the slight possibility of catching Weil's Disease from rats urine but it must be a very slight risk because almost every kid in Wick has spent summers at the North Bath and Trinkie for generations and none of us have been ill (not that I am aware of) and we were always aware of the rats in those areas.
Well, I WILL be going there, rats or no rats.
Now, where's the rat poison?:lol:

Moira
09-Jul-06, 11:17
The rats have always lived along the rocky shoreline - no doubt there's another family of them at the Trinkie :roll:
They just don't normally show themselves when there's people around. I'd be more concerned about the "rats" who cause the damage once the annual clean up at both the North Baths & the Trinkie has been completed by the hardworking volunteers. :mad:

willowbankbear
09-Jul-06, 11:23
Was that not the reason it was closed in the first place? But rats or no, it's where i learned to swim and I still have many happy memories. We very occasionally saw a rat but they did not bother us, and we did not bother them. (thinking back, shudder) We went every night after school, rain or shine. I think it was the remains of our picnics that attracted the beasties.
I once saw a rat cross the road in front of the camps bar.

More like 2 legged rats going IN the Camps Bar[lol] . You get rats all over Wick but generally theyre only seen at night when its quiet, I havnt seen any in all the years I went down to the North Baths though.

connieb19
09-Jul-06, 11:25
More like 2 legged rats going IN the Camps Bar[lol] Probably the same ones that were skinny dipping in the North Baths..lol:eek: but that's another story!!

willowbankbear
09-Jul-06, 11:28
Probably the same ones that were skinny dipping in the North Baths..lol:eek: but that's another story!!

Nah, Rats dont have big ears;)

ice box
09-Jul-06, 11:34
Nah, Rats dont have big ears;)
You sure about that... lol

willowbankbear
09-Jul-06, 11:38
You sure about that... lol

What ye mean ?

connieb19
09-Jul-06, 11:40
What ye mean ?Icebox, make no comment until you've seen your solicitor..lol:lol:

ice box
09-Jul-06, 11:45
Icebox, make no comment until you've seen your solicitor..lol:lol:No comment.... :lol:

willowbankbear
09-Jul-06, 12:03
spotted a rat

What size? Colour? were you scared?

connieb19
09-Jul-06, 12:05
spotted a ratWas it fully clothed, was there more than one, were you scared? lol:lol:

ice box
09-Jul-06, 12:08
Was it fully clothed, was there more than one, were you scared? lol:lol:
I heard there was a big mama rat with no clothes on... lol

connieb19
09-Jul-06, 12:09
I heard there was a big mama rat with no clothes on... lolThat's the whale you are thinking about. Greenpeace are looking into it..lol:eek:

willowbankbear
09-Jul-06, 12:09
[quote=connieb19]Was it fully clothed, was there more than one, were you scared? lol:lol:[/quote

Yuk, I hate Rats

crystal
09-Jul-06, 13:01
eeeewwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!! deasesed ridden thing YUCK! thats just rong :eek:

connieb19
09-Jul-06, 13:04
eeeewwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!! deasesed ridden thing YUCK! thats just rong :eek:Do you know him too? LOL:eek:

Billy Boy
09-Jul-06, 13:15
http://www.freeclipartpics.com/images/rat.gif

crystal
09-Jul-06, 13:40
[quote] do you know him too?LOL[quote]
lol not personaly lol:lol:

Tristan
09-Jul-06, 20:20
I thought in the Uk on average we are never more that 10 feet from a rat.

unicorn
09-Jul-06, 20:24
On the plus side if you have rats you don't have mice cos rats find them tasty!!

willowbankbear
09-Jul-06, 23:11
http://www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/fun_stuff/2004/04/19/roland_rat_lead_203x152.jpg
Ever Wonder where this creature went?

He`s at the North Baths in Wick LOL

krieve
09-Jul-06, 23:12
http://www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/fun_stuff/2004/04/19/roland_rat_lead_203x152.jpg
Ever Wonder where this creature went?

He`s at the North Baths in Wick LOL
I here he is in a different career now lol

willowbankbear
09-Jul-06, 23:15
Aye, a swimming pool attendant

krieve
09-Jul-06, 23:19
Aye, a swimming pool attendant
no he join the force lol

willowbankbear
09-Jul-06, 23:24