PDA

View Full Version : Found cat

Liz
08-Jul-06, 19:02
A very friendly dark grey and white (small amount of white on chest and paws) cat, wearing a yellow collar, has been found in McRae Street, Wick.
It may be pregnant.:roll:

If you know whose cat it is please pm me.

Thanks!

Lucy
09-Jul-06, 03:57
Gosh what a fright i got reading your post Liz. Sounds like my cat down to the yellow collar. fortunately mine is asleep at the bottom of my daughters bed and since she was at the vets on Tuesday for the snip,she cannot be pregnant, thank goodness. Hope the other cat finds its owners soon.

katarina
09-Jul-06, 11:11
Maybe she wanders on the astral plane!

Liz
09-Jul-06, 13:34
Gosh what a fright i got reading your post Liz. Sounds like my cat down to the yellow collar. fortunately mine is asleep at the bottom of my daughters bed and since she was at the vets on Tuesday for the snip,she cannot be pregnant, thank goodness. Hope the other cat finds its owners soon.

Sorry didn't mean to frighten you!!!:lol:

Good for you for putting your cat for the snip. Wish more people would then we wouldn't have so many stray cats and kittens!!!

Sadly no one has reported this wee cat missing so looks like it may be yet another one which has been dumped!!![mad]

Lucy
09-Jul-06, 16:49
3 basic things to get done when taking on a new pet. 1. inject. 2. snip and 3. microchip. it can be expensive to get it all done, but i think you have to take vets bills into consideration before taking on an animal. Only my point of view.

unicorn
09-Jul-06, 16:51
My theory is if you can't afford the vet then don't get the pet!!

connieb19
09-Jul-06, 17:35
People on low incomes can join the PDSA, and the cats protection can arrange for cats to be neutered free, so there is no excuse for a cat not to be done, other than laziness and ignorance..[disgust]

unicorn
09-Jul-06, 18:23
Has anyone noticed how people are now profiting from ordinary moggies, I was looking in the p&j yesterday and kittens are being sold for anywhere between £40 and £60 each !!!!!! The other one I see a lot of is eg. alsation cross huskie = mongrel, for sale for upwards of £250 unbelievable.

connieb19
09-Jul-06, 18:30
Has anyone noticed how people are now profiting from ordinary moggies, I was looking in the p&j yesterday and kittens are being sold for anywhere between £40 and £60 each !!!!!! The other one I see a lot of is eg. alsation cross huskie = mongrel, for sale for upwards of £250 unbelievable.I think the labradoodle started the trend, now you get everything from the eskapoo to the peek-a pom!!:eek:

unicorn
09-Jul-06, 18:33
All of which are pure mongrels in my opinion and it is a disgrace that people profit from these dogs, a new range of designer doggies that will be filling up rescues as the next great thing comes along.

connieb19
09-Jul-06, 18:39
These dogs are now recognised by the kennel Club as pure breeds.

unicorn
09-Jul-06, 18:41
Well forever mongrels in my mind and I certainly wouldn't put money out on one. If I want a mongrel I will go to a rescue and get one that needs a home.

Liz
09-Jul-06, 18:42
Totally agree with you all!

Sadly many people get a pet on a whim and then either the novelty wears off or they find they need more committment than they are prepared to offer!

If only they would think long and hard before taking on a pet there wouldn't be so many poor abandoned animals.

What really annoys me is the large number of unneutered cats who are dumped out in the country!!!
There really is no excuse for this as, as Connieb19 said, CP will help pay towards the cost of getting a cat neutered!

unicorn
09-Jul-06, 18:47
I recently saw someone advertising a labradoodle for sale due to allergy to hair??? I think that was a very poor excuse as the whole point of them is supposed to be the fact that allergy sufferers can tolerate them.

changilass
09-Jul-06, 18:49
Well forever mongrels in my mind and I certainly wouldn't put money out on one. If I want a mongrel I will go to a rescue and get one that needs a home.

I got my first 2 newfies from rescue, when first born they are like the softest cuddly toy you can imagine, folk don't think how they will handle having a 10+ stone dog in the house, who needs lots of short butsts of activity to keep him amused, and at least half an hour a day on grooming. Newfies can be upwards of £1000, depending on breeder, some forlk have more money than sense

Lucy
09-Jul-06, 21:18
i have never paid for a pet in my life. i would love a dog but as i work mon - fri 9-5 and hubby on shifts i cannot guarantee any routine, and i know i would be the worst in the winter, i enjoy my fireside too much. i have 2 cats and a cat door in the heated greenhouse for the winter time. i wish people would look further ahead than a couple of months when getting an animal.

set aside at least £120 for a cat, if free to a good home (and a lot more for a dog),for basic vet bills, and this does not pay for food or treats.

If you find you cannot look after your pet properly at least contact cats protection etc. or your local rspca, to find another home instead of letting them loose on the streets.