PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic service from Thurso library!

caithness-chicky
17-Aug-10, 21:30
After realising that I spend far too much money on buying books I decided to venture into the Thurso library for the first time in probably 10 years! :eek:

What a nice surprise it was to find out just how up to date the service is! :D
Not only do they have new releases (for example Karin Slaughter's Broken only released in July this year) they also have a great website where you can search for any author or title, and request that book to be sent to your local library for pick up, you can also renew the books you have out up to 3 times online so you don't have to make a trip into the library just to have books stamped again!

Here's the link for the website, you have to have a membership to request books, which you can get for free by going into the library and filling out a form, you'll also need a bill for proof of address

http://libraries.highland.gov.uk/TalisPrism/

Hopefully fellow orgers will find this useful, or is it only me that thought the library was full of dusty old books?! :lol:

wkgeorge
18-Aug-10, 10:02
Maybe you should have posted this in the recommendations section.
I too have been in both the Wick & Thurso LIbraries recently for the first time and was really surprised how good they were.