PDA

View Full Version : Cat Killed In Sinclair Drive...

Gizmo
17-Aug-10, 15:34
To the heartless git driving the dark blue 4x4 who just ran over and killed a cat in Sinclair Drive, then drove off without stopping, thanks very much, you've have just left his elderly owner completely heartbroken, i hope you're proud of yourself.

http://a.imageshack.us/img188/204/dsc00322cj.jpg (http://img188.imageshack.us/i/dsc00322cj.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

R.I.P 'Cheeky' :(

pegasus
17-Aug-10, 15:45
To the heartless git driving the dark blue 4x4 who just ran over and killed a cat in Sinclair Drive, then drove off without stopping, thanks very much, you've have just left his elderly owner completely heartbroken, i hope you're proud of yourself.

Heartless selfish thougtless and cowardly.
Driving of without a thought fot the poor cat.

I am verysorry to learn of the distress this has caused the owners.
Sincere condolences. :~(

Blondie
17-Aug-10, 15:58
Thats awful! Heartless indeed [disgust]

RIP Cheeky :(

teenybash
17-Aug-10, 16:03
RIP Cheeky, you didn't deserve to die this way.....hope the driver of the dark blue 4x4 is found.......................cannot say what I would like or I would be banned, but you know what I mean.[disgust]

Gizmo
17-Aug-10, 16:09
The 4x4 was caught on cctv and it was all witnesed by a couple of bystanders, but sadly, the police wont do anything about it :(

And as you can see from the picture, Cheeky only had 3 legs as it is, so he wasnt even capable of running out in front of any traffic. And the driver of the 4x4 wasnt exactly driving slowly.

squidge
17-Aug-10, 16:24
Did they know they had run it over?

I ran over and killed my own cat in my own driveway - I didnt stop - I just left poor Henry there. I had no idea that he had followed me out and gone under the car. I was on the way back to the hospital where my boy was very poorly after an operation for complications from an appendix op. I swung my car round and sped off without realising that i had hit my dopey cat. I had no idea and i dont drive a 4x4 which is high up off the floor. I know i was distracted but the driver might not have seen the cat.

I found out when my tactful (NOT) 19 year old phoned me to tell me (NOT) tactfully what had happened. I nearly put my car in a ditch! ( I know I know i shouldnt have answered whilst driving but i did)

Poor Henry:(

pegasus
17-Aug-10, 16:37
sadly, the police wont do anything about it :(

the police are having to act more and more as colectors of in-direct taxes. there would be money in it for the state if the driver was not wering a seat belt but youre lovely cat? no. no money in that. sad. very sad:(

Walter Ego
17-Aug-10, 16:48
the police are having to act more and more as colectors of in-direct taxes. there would be money in it for the state if the driver was not wering a seat belt but youre lovely cat? no. no money in that. sad. very sad:(

Unfortunately, no law has been broken.

So the police have nothing to act on.

rob1
17-Aug-10, 16:57
I see the org lynch mob are out in force again. Passing judgment on other before knowing both sides of the story. Most of you make it out that the driver did it on purpose! I am sure the driver had no idea that they had hit the cat.

pegasus
17-Aug-10, 16:59
Cheeky only had 3 legs as it is, so he wasnt even capable of running out in front of any traffic.

Cheeky has a spirit. he knows that you love him.

Peg

highland red
17-Aug-10, 17:09
I see the org lynch mob are out in force again. Passing judgment on other before knowing both sides of the story. Most of you make it out that the driver did it on purpose! I am sure the driver had no idea that they had hit the cat.

Come on pal, you know when you hit even a small animal such as a bird: but not to stop makes it all very hard to take.

I'm not speaking for the sort of people you appear to want to vilify on the forum, so don't get all sanctimonious about it.

If you don't stop when this has happened then you cannot expect for "your side of the story" to be considered.

IF (and it's a big IF) this person has made a mistake then he/she can always "set the record straight" by offering an apology/explanation on the forum.

The ball is firmly in his/her court.

My thoughts go out to the owner.

Gizmo
17-Aug-10, 17:12

I dont buy that at all, Cheeky was a large and very solid cat, the driver would have known he had hit something. The outcome may have been the same, as Cheeky died within minutes of it happening, and it may not be an offence to kill a cat, but what's wrong with having the common decency to stop and find out just how badly the cat is injured?, it is after all....someones pet, and my elderly neighbour is devestated at losing her companion. [mad]

unicorn
17-Aug-10, 17:36
That is absolutely awful, many elderly people rely on their animals for companionship and are so very close with their pets. It is simply common decency to check and see if their is anything that you can do but too many people either do not care, do not have ANY decency, or cannot face up to their actions these days.
How difficult is it to stop and say sorry.
Rip Cheeky and again I am so sorry for your neighbour let him/her know that people are thinking of them and their loss.

Corrie 3
17-Aug-10, 18:02
I am sure the driver had no idea that they had hit the cat.
How can you be so sure Rob???

:~(:~(:confused

cuddlepop
17-Aug-10, 18:10
Thats awful,your poor relative must be in bits.:(

Gizmo
17-Aug-10, 18:20
Thats awful,your poor relative must be in bits.:(

She's not related to me, just a neighbour, but yes...she is devestated (as am i, Cheeky was always round at my house, i loved that Cat as much as i do my own four Cats), she lost her husband last year, and Cheeky was her only companion now :(

teenybash
17-Aug-10, 18:23

Hard to believe driver didn't know........sorry but there is no other side to the story...if the driver didn't know he had hit something then he obviously was not driving with due care and attention in a built up area......[disgust][disgust]

Hoida
17-Aug-10, 18:27
I always thought that if you ran over a cat you were meant to report the matter. Our cat wasrun over by someone local 2 years ago and she felt the bump realised what she had done and came and told us what had happened.
We really appreciated that :~(

porshiepoo
17-Aug-10, 18:29
Sorry but you DO know when you've hit something.
If you're tootling along a country road then fair enough you may believe that you've hit a rabbit and maybe that wouldn't bother some people, but when you're driving in a pedestrian area or a street and you hit something then it wouldn't take a genius to figure out it may have been a cat and that it would be only courteous to stop and check.

I've owned a Discovery and a Patrol and when hubby hit a Rabbit, we felt it!
More likely the driver would rather carry on in pretend ignorance than face what they've actually done. [evil]

Having said that, we do have to think that there may have been a remote chance that this driver was in an emergency situation of some kind and could account for the not stopping.
Like I said, remote chance but a chance all the same.

Rheghead
17-Aug-10, 18:41
I've lost 2 cats to cars and each time I've never blamed the driver, if anyone is to blame then it was myself for letting it out. It wouldn't have made any difference if the driver had stopped and I wouldn't have expected an apology. And I'm a cat lover.

pegasus
17-Aug-10, 19:23
How vile you should be ashamed.

Your post ought to be deleted! [disgust]

ks
17-Aug-10, 20:33
How vile you should be ashamed.

Your post ought to be deleted! [disgust]

Looks like we all got our wish and sharona's post has gone!

jac1791
18-Aug-10, 22:45
what makes a cat any difference from a dog?? i personally am a dog person but if i ever hit a cat i would go out my way to find the owner . i have been the owner of a 4x4 and would say the person that hit cheeky would definately have felt it.. plus in such a built up housing area why the hell was he going so fast ?? there is children around there playing!!!

the driver should be totally ashamed --- kids saw poor cheeky just after it happened .. when people find out who you are sorry but you should be named and shamed here.

Mystical Potato Head
18-Aug-10, 23:35
Very sad story and i sympathise but considering the cat could have belonged to someone on the other side of town,given their liking for wandering,what was the driver supposed to do? a door to door search asking everyone,excuse me but is this your cat? until he found an owner.

ks
19-Aug-10, 10:29
Very sad story and i sympathise but considering the cat could have belonged to someone on the other side of town,given their liking for wandering,what was the driver supposed to do? a door to door search asking everyone,excuse me but is this your cat? until he found an owner.

They could have stopped to see if the cat was alive and taken it to the vets.

jac1791
19-Aug-10, 12:06
Exactly KS

There was people about -- like the ones that lifted poor Cheeky off the road, so the driver wouldnt have had to go door to door, and as he only had 3 legs and was a very slow mover there was no way he was from another area as he wouldnt have travelled that far. its sad going past Sinclair Drive now and not seeing him sitting on a wall or coming over to you to be strooked!!!!

Gizmo
19-Aug-10, 12:08

Oh come on now, the chances of the cat being from the other side of town are pretty slim, plus...there were bystanders who saw what happened, so the driver had no excuse for not stopping and asking who Cheeky belonged to. Cheeky was well known to most people in our street.....people tend to notice a 3 legged cat, so finding the owner and offering an apology wouldn't have been difficult to do.

Liz
19-Aug-10, 12:52
My heart goes out to Cheeky's owner and agree that the driver could have had the decency to stop and check on the poor cat.
Why on earth was he/she going so fast in a built up area that they would kill a cat?