PDA

View Full Version : You should be Ashamed!!!!

craigmancie
17-Aug-10, 09:34
We woke this morning to find my Autistic sons 3 pets ducks STOLEN!!!
My little boy is gutted he has had the ducks from eggs, hatched in the incubator and he's watched them grow, feeding them everyday.
I dont know what kind of person can come in about someone-elses property and help themselves without even considering other peoples feelings.
My son being Autistic doesnt understand the concept of !stolen!, he is upset and all he knows is the ducks he's had since babies are gone!!
SHAME ON YOU!! you know who you are!!

Dadie
17-Aug-10, 10:44
How can you be sure they were stolen, and not Mr or Mrs Fox got them?
If they were stolen its really sad.
When we were in town we had our chipmunks let out by kids...thought a 6foot gate would have detered the little baskets!
But no..they opened the hatches on the bottom of the outside run and the chippies escaped!
It was on a snib....I had to put hasps and locks on it...Didnt think as that bit of the cage was only ever opened by us to clean the outside enclosure.
We would tend to the chipmunks from the inside quarters from the shed which was always locked!
Everything had to be nailed down or locked these days:(

Leanne
17-Aug-10, 11:30
My first thought was what Dadie said - I would probably be a fox. They are at the age now where they are being turfed out from the den and the youngsters will take easy picking. I lost my broodiest hen and 12 eggs the other night - she had decided to lay on top of a 4 foot bale and I thought she would be safe :(

Dadie
17-Aug-10, 11:39
There is someone on the for sale section with ducks for sale and another with hens.....
The sheltland hens apparently lay blue eggs.
They might appeal to your son?

Bazeye
17-Aug-10, 11:41
If it was a fox wouldnt there be telltale signs?

Dadie
17-Aug-10, 12:03
Not if it carted them off...instead of just killing them.
i.e took them away to eat now instead of leaving them lying to come back to later

*sigh*
Going to get told off for sounding cruel again!

craigmancie
17-Aug-10, 14:13
Our first thought also was orginally the fox!!

The ducks pen as you can imagine due to all the rain is a big muddy mess, now mr fox would have had to venture into the pen to get all 3 ducks undoubtly the ducks wouldnt have gone easily and the fox wouldnt think twice about what paw prints he was leaving. No mess, no prints anywhere, no feathers !nothing!

i hate to think badly of people, and would love to blame the fox. i just dont believe he was the culprit on this occassion.

chaz
17-Aug-10, 14:30
hi, i have a big friendly drake who is an extra, he is a cross breed but you are welcome to him :) I have an autistic son and i know how it affected him when he lost two chickens he had raised. There have been a few ducks that i know of that people have thought were taken by a two legged animal:~(

kjandcrew
17-Aug-10, 14:45
Im sorry to hear this, i have a friend who lives in Lybster that keeps ducks and he is convinced they are being stolen - a few at a time - dreadful as they are his sons who is only 2 :~(

landy
17-Aug-10, 15:00
sorry to hear you news.we are just hatching chicks at the mo,you are very welcome to newly hatched chicks for you son if it would help.

puffin croft
17-Aug-10, 15:03
i had a indian runner disappear at the being of tha summer,i thought it was a fox but there were no signs of a fox at all,he just disappeared over night.i have 2 indian runner drakes ur son can have if he would like them,i have plenty! just pm if interested.

cuddlepop
17-Aug-10, 15:22
This is just awful and doubly cruel as your wee boy just cant get his head round stolen.Replacing the ducks is equally as hard.:mad:

Its a painful lesson for us all to learn at the best of times but this is just heartless.

It sound like they could be stolen to order maybe you should report it.

Its horrible to think it but they might be offered for sale to some hotels,just like the poached salmons are just now.:(

porshiepoo
17-Aug-10, 18:44
Could definitely be a Fox though.
We've had a fox who has picked off all of our Chickens and even the Cockerel who was very vocal and protective of the Hens.
The cheeky little blighter even took them in broad daylight, with our big dogs running about and me in the vicinity - I heard nothing! One minute they're there, the next they're gone!

Just to make sure it was a Fox we checked the entire field next door and sure enough the tell tale signs are there if you look hard enough. There's no proof anywhere near where it took the Chicken but around the den sight there's the feathers everywhere.
The only feathers we found near the pen was of the Cockerel and that's because he would have put up a fight.

All our chickens (1 Hen and 1 Cockerel) are now housed where the Fox can't get them.

Don't hate the Fox though. I know the Ducks belonged to your son and I know he'll be gutted (my daughter was beside herself) but the Fox has young to feed and are only doing what comes naturally.

thomas1donald
17-Aug-10, 19:03
i have day old ducklings if you want some to help your we boy adjust and give him something to help him get over his loss i stay in mid clyth,hope i can help. p.s i hope who ever done this has night mares about the we one crying for his pets

Liz
17-Aug-10, 20:16
So very sorry craigmancie.:(

Heartening to see nice orgers offering new feathered friends for your boy. Well done guys!:D

ks
17-Aug-10, 20:20
So very sorry craigmancie.:(

Heartening to see nice orgers offering new feathered friends for your boy. Well done guys!:D

Just what I was thinking!

Highland lad
17-Aug-10, 20:41
Sorry to hear about your ducks. I hope your son is ok.

Great to see so many people offering ducks to help your son.

craigmancie
17-Aug-10, 21:20
Thankyou all for your kind offers, it's nice to know there are some kindhearted people out there.:)

thomas1donald it would be great if we could get some ducklings again. It would give my little boy a chance to start from the beginning again & a possibility of getting a duck so he can collect eggs as she gets older.

S&LHEN
17-Aug-10, 21:33
So sorry to read this your poor son, So nice to see people offering him ducks sadly its one animal I dont have.
I hope hes ok xxx

Thankyou all for your kind offers, it's nice to know there are some kindhearted people out there.:)

thomas1donald it would be great if we could get some ducklings again. It would give my little boy a chance to start from the beginning again & a possibility of getting a duck so he can collect eggs as she gets older.

donnick
18-Aug-10, 18:51
some people and be right b------S but then u see people like tomas1donald and others who offered and u see that the good people out number that bad folk. i hope this story has a bit of happy ending

craigmancie
18-Aug-10, 20:51
A BIG Thankyou to everyone who offered us some new feathered friends.

Much to my little boy's delight thomas1donald has given him 4 brand new fluffy yellow ducklings. Thankyou so much i cant tell you how excited he was when we got them home & settled them under the heat lamp with some food and water. He is now trying to decide on names, hopefully these ones will be with us for a long time to come :):):)

purplelady
18-Aug-10, 23:45
I always amazed at how nice poeple are on pets cornor whenever there is a problem or someone loses a pet there is never a shortge of poeple who come to help i always animal lovers are the nicest poeple and you have proved it time and time again on here x

chaz
19-Aug-10, 06:55
The best way i have found to deter foxes are guinea fowl ( if it was a fox) we havent lost anything since having them and there are lots of foxes around here, guineas can be a bit noisey tho with anything or one strange :lol:

porshiepoo
19-Aug-10, 08:09
The best way i have found to deter foxes are guinea fowl ( if it was a fox) we havent lost anything since having them and there are lots of foxes around here, guineas can be a bit noisey tho with anything or one strange :lol:

You'd think 2 Gsd's and a Great Dane would be enough to deter a Fox wouldn't you. lol.
The Fox we had here even sauntered onto our land right in front of me, cool as anything. If it hadn't been for the Great Dane giving chase I don't think it would have been bothered about my presence at all.

Mind you I could never hate them for killing the Hens. We just have to take extra precautions now.

summer
19-Aug-10, 10:17
Good luck with the newbies, glad your son has a new focus to distract him from what happened. I know how important it is for autistic children to have normality.

I always amazed at how nice poeple are on pets cornor whenever there is a problem or someone loses a pet there is never a shortge of poeple who come to help i always animal lovers are the nicest poeple and you have proved it time and time again on here x
Definately agree.

poppett
19-Aug-10, 17:31
Hope your son finds comfort with his new found fluffy friends.

Stuart Little
24-Aug-10, 20:23
Hi
I also have an autistic son and I know how attached he must have been feeling through experience. They all have their own comfort zones and their own attachments and this was obviously his.