PDA

View Full Version : Where did you take your last walk?

David Banks
16-Aug-10, 16:15
I've just taken a walk around sloburbia. Noon here, just 20C, a little wind, a few mown paths in common spaces between streets, a lake in the distance, would be even better if it was a loch, a schoolyard slumbering for another couple of weeks, a couple of bouncing dogs inside a fence, a few butterflies and bees, someone visiting her mailbox, a fluffy kitty who did not want to be approached, family is still visiting, all is well.

Kodiak
16-Aug-10, 16:21
It has been an Age, years even, since I took a walk. I wish I could but my legs just do not agree with me, Humph!! Oh well there is always my Mobility Buggy.

aburns2409
16-Aug-10, 22:39
Dunnet/Castletown beach yesterday with family & friends - it was luvly xxx

piratelassie
16-Aug-10, 22:46
Along the beach at Bettyhill with my hubby and dog. The sunset was breathtaking and the half pint in the Farr bay inn was most welcome..:Razz

Angel
16-Aug-10, 22:48
Not taken it yet...

Angel...

golach
16-Aug-10, 22:51
My last longish walk was the other day, took a bus to the High Street (Royal Mile), then strolled up the Royal Mile towards the Lawnmarket. Thousands of others doing the same, here to see the Festival Street Entertainment, after fighting my way through the throngs, turned into Bank St, headed down the Mound to the Galleries of Art, more crowds and more Street Entertainers, (just how many fire eaters are there in the city?) I continued along Princes St Gardens, to Waverley Bridge, had a blether with some former workmates, a lovely stroll, even with the visitors [lol]
Edinburgh at Festival time is jumping.

teenybash
16-Aug-10, 23:00
Had a leisurely walk down my bumpy lane with the dogs. The sun was warm and the little white bummed bees busied themselves among the thistle heads and travellers joy. I stood and listened to the Aberdeen Angus bull call the cows, with his deep bellowing voice....reminded me of a fog horn on a foggy night, in times past. Caithness on a sunny warm day is like being in heaven.

pegasus
16-Aug-10, 23:22
It has been an Age, years even, since I took a walk. I wish I could but my legs just do not agree with me, Humph!! Oh well there is always my Mobility Buggy.

Thats a pity but at lest you can get around on your mob buggy and fresh air is stil free I hope. :(

Vistravi
17-Aug-10, 11:07
My last long walk was a couple of weeks ago with my partner and son in his baby carrier. We walked the stretch of castletown to dunnet beach. It was nice.

Bazeye
17-Aug-10, 12:12
Mis-read the title, must get some glasses. :eek:

DeHaviLand
17-Aug-10, 12:24
From the pub to my house early Sunday evening. Its 2020 paces!!

Lavenderblue2
17-Aug-10, 14:01
From my back door I walk out with my dog along ¾ mile of rough road through open countryside to where it meets the public road. The first three eights being fenced areas with sheep and cattle, the second half being unfenced marshy land on either side of the road lined with an abundance of wild flowers, butterflies, moths etc. At the road end I turn round to come back and I'm greeted by the magnificent view of Scrabster, Dunnet Head, and over the Pentland Firth to Hoy. I have lived here for 23 years and never tire of this short walk. :)

oldmarine
17-Aug-10, 14:15
My last walk was yesterday morning in the Tucson Mall. At 85 years of age I attempt walking every morning, mostly in enclosed malls where it is safer. I enjoy walking because it is the most convenient way for exercise and I enjoy meeting and seeing people each day. I have found a morning coffee group which I join and that makes it even more interesting. Unfortunately, I will have to delay my walk for this morning as I have a doctor's appointment.

pat
17-Aug-10, 14:35
last walk was yesterday - up to the beach at the top of the road, walk along the stoney beach then walked back and went to the beach and shore path towards town, great watching the sea and seeeing what has been washed up on the beach. Fishing community and ferries are resonsible for a lot of the flotsam and jetsome washed up on the shores here.

Made me think it is time I went up to the beach at the top of the road, collect some of the driftwood and have a lovely bonefire.

Really like walking along by the sea, always clears the head and calms me down.

Bazeye
17-Aug-10, 15:36
From the pub to my house early Sunday evening. Its 2020 paces!!

Do you do that as well. Its 1450 paces from my house to The Last Orders and 1050 paces to the Albion. The 1450 paces are just about a mile.:confused

DeHaviLand
17-Aug-10, 17:04
Do you do that as well. Its 1450 paces from my house to The Last Orders and 1050 paces to the Albion. The 1450 paces are just about a mile.:confused

I should clarify that, its 2020 paces from my house to the pub. It varies greatly from the pub to the house. Though my fuel consumption is around 10hp/m. HP in this case being Highland Park!:D

ducati
17-Aug-10, 21:09
Do you ever do that walk that Billy Connoly describes? Where one leg walks, but the other stays where it is. [lol]

georgegwf
17-Aug-10, 21:15
Saturday, myself and the dog walked from castletown to thurso along the coast. Fantastic views over the Firth and a great variety of marine and land wildlife. Took the bus back out to get the car, was going to go all the way back along the coast but the dog was having none of it :eek:

Bazeye
18-Aug-10, 01:49
I should clarify that, its 2020 paces from my house to the pub. It varies greatly from the pub to the house. Though my fuel consumption is around 10hp/m. HP in this case being Highland Park!:D

Do you drink in the Derby and are you my next door neighbour?
If it is you, can you keep the music down on Sunday night, Ive got work in the morning. Either that or invite me in for a drink.

DeHaviLand
18-Aug-10, 09:41
No, the Station Hotel, and my nearest neighbours are too far away to hear what I get up to. Thats a blessing ;)

You're welcome to stop in for a drink anytime tho.

Tom Cornwall
19-Aug-10, 14:04
Liz and I have taken to walking to get some exercise and we do about an hour or an hour and a half around some local parks, like Felbrigg Hall , Holt Country Park or Sheringham Park. It costs nothing..we just get on a bus (with our passes) and get off where we like, wander about and catch the next bus back..it passes a couple of hours and it's well worth it for the exercise...I feel like a 40 year-old again..but where will I get one at my age :)

Bazeye
19-Aug-10, 22:19
Stayed in your neck of the woods once, in Cromer about 15 years ago. Nice part of the country, apart from the Bacton gas plant I was working on. Is Hapisburgh still there or has it been washed away yet?

Fluff
19-Aug-10, 22:40
last easy-ish walk was on Hill Of Forss last week, lovely weather! Weekend before I was on the Black Mountains in Wales (which were amazing) and had a proper hike!

Green_not_greed
19-Aug-10, 23:15
5 minutes ago to the computer. Switched it on and found this. What's the issue?

George Brims
20-Aug-10, 01:58
Falls of Shin. Salmon were jumping and the midges were biting. Since there were many of the former and not too many of the latter, we watched for too long and didn't get a cup of tea in the visitor centre. Did manage to get a cuppa in the public bar in Rogart though.