PDA

View Full Version : Heinz soup and Pot Noodle

Rheghead
16-Aug-10, 14:24
Has anyone else noticed in the last 2 or 3 years that they are a poor reflection of their former selves?

Bland and tasteless, rather insipid??

kriklah
16-Aug-10, 14:28
has the pot noodle ever been anything other than insipid??!!

(ive always found the pot to have more nutrition than the noodles!!;))

puffin croft
16-Aug-10, 14:36
i don t mind heinz tomato soup but the rest are yuk! and as for pot noodles! even worse! but i think the reason u may find they have changed could be to do with the regulations on salt and sugar added to food?

cherokee
16-Aug-10, 15:08
Yep; I only eat Pot Noodle about once every two months or so, and they now have no taste whatsoever !! [evil]

Kodiak
16-Aug-10, 15:33
Has anyone else noticed in the last 2 or 3 years that they are a poor reflection of their former selves?

Not only that but Heinz Baked Beans are terrible. More Sause than beans and they have an after taste that is not good.

I find that the Supermarket Own Brand are not only Cheaper but are fuller and taste better.

Cattach
16-Aug-10, 15:46

All I ever tasted in a pot noodle was salt and artificial flavourings but then I mainly avoid such junk food anyway.

Crackeday
16-Aug-10, 16:32
Its probably cos alot of companies are removing MSG which gives Tinned and dried food its "oomph"!!!!! And brings the flavour out that mixed with reduced salt and sugar equals Bland.:~(

silverlady
16-Aug-10, 17:28
Pot noodle just isn't the same anymore, since they decreased the salt in it. Why try to "healthify" an unhealthy snack - they might as well have just banned it altogether rather than spoil it for those of us who choose to have the occasional unhealthy snack ;)

bustergirl
16-Aug-10, 18:00
i have to disagree both are still the same the potnoodle has flavour and heinz soup is delisious the only onelosing taste to me is tomato soup it dosnt taste the same as it used to maybe its just me

Scarybiscuits03
16-Aug-10, 18:09
Chicken and mushroom pot noodle - add a quarter of a chicken stock cube to it and then it tastes just as it used to!

teddybear1873
16-Aug-10, 18:26
Puke.On.The Noodles.

cherokee
16-Aug-10, 19:30
Chicken and mushroom pot noodle - add a quarter of a chicken stock cube to it and then it tastes just as it used to!

Thanks for that tip Scarybiscuits; gonna try that when I have my next "fix" o' Pot Noodle ........ :D

catnip
16-Aug-10, 20:32
I have to agree that the pot noodles are awful now. As for Heinz tomato soup, what has happened. I get the Co-op own make of tomato and it reminds me of what the heinz tomato used to be like.

Loafer
21-Aug-10, 10:00

Seeing as we're on the "good old days" what about Wagon Wheels? I remember when they were twice the size and had knobbly edges. The modern take just ain't the same

The Loafer

Leanne
21-Aug-10, 15:14
The organic tomato soup is much nicer than the normal one!

teddybear1873
21-Aug-10, 15:45
All tin soup should be banned. Ye canna beat your mithers homemade tattie soup.

ShelleyCowie
21-Aug-10, 15:48
All tin soup should be banned. Ye canna beat your mithers homemade tattie soup.

Agreed!!!! Or broth....mmmmmmm!

teddybear1873
21-Aug-10, 17:45
Agreed!!!! Or broth....mmmmmmm!

Aye, your faither is good at making homemade heinz soup Shelley lol.