PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

Vistravi
16-Aug-10, 12:11
My son will be 7 months old at christmas time. Any ideas as to what I could get him for christmas? Was thinking a door bouncer and a full bedding set for a cotbed nd a couple of toys. But what toys does a 7 month old be into?

Dadie
16-Aug-10, 12:17
Errm..We got Lauren a highchair when she was that age.
Pull along shape sorter type toys or bricks are good or stackers.

Kodiak
16-Aug-10, 12:23
At the age of 7 months it does not make much difference as he will never remember what you give him. So buy him something he needs and that you will find useful for him.

Dadie
16-Aug-10, 12:47
I know.
I bought mine useful stuff...they got lots and lots of toys from other people.
Euan will be nearly 1 at Christmas but his sisters are old enough to remember though!
Thinking about it Lauren got a highchair for her 1st christmas and a bed for her 2nd.
Iona got a baby walker for her 1st christmas a bed for her 2nd

Shabbychic
16-Aug-10, 13:32
Don't baby boys usually get an electric trainset for their first Christmas? Then daddy has to try it out and make sure it works, at least once a week, for the next couple of years. :D

Dadie
16-Aug-10, 13:37
Not just boys....Hubby bought the girls a scaletric set:lol:
He already has a trainset (in boxes) in the shed.
But its too good for the kids to play with!

brandy
16-Aug-10, 13:47
sam was about that age his first christmas and he got a little red ride on car. so he could sit on it and push with his feet and could also stand behind it and toddle along with the handle on the back. it came in three stages. it could be a little rocker to start with then a push along and then a wlak along kinda thing

Dadie
16-Aug-10, 13:58
Be prepared its not the toys you have taken ages deliberating over its the wrapping paper and boxes that are the most played with!

teenybash
16-Aug-10, 13:59
My son will be 7 months old at christmas time. Any ideas as to what I could get him for christmas? Was thinking a door bouncer and a full bedding set for a cotbed nd a couple of toys. But what toys does a 7 month old be into?

I suggest something he can bash and clash and make a lot of noise with...saucepan and a wooden spoon and watch him giggling and laughing at the great big noise he is making. For yourself a set of earplugs!!
Seriously, something useful and things that are bright colourful....babies love balloons and such.......in a few years time he will be telling you what he wants.....;)

ShelleyCowie
16-Aug-10, 14:27
For Athruns first Christmas he was only 2 months old so we bought him a bedroom carpet and decorated his room ready for when he was. Last year...he got too much! :lol: This year....wont be going over-board (say that now but wait til Christmas and ask me if i stuck to that)

This baby will only be 4 months old come Christmas. So no idea. But they dont remember it and have no idea what its about. Know its special cos its their first Christmas but save ur money for when they need something.

Penelope Pitstop
16-Aug-10, 16:14
Oh my goodness, you've just upset my day...thinking about Christmas ALREADY !!!:~( I'm still waiting on summer to come!!

alanatkie
16-Aug-10, 16:33
What about a first steps baby walker or stacker toy.

Vistravi
16-Aug-10, 19:44
Thank you all for your replies!

Was in wick tesco and i just scared myself lol. Saw a couple of things he'd like but as i was going to get a door bouncer for him for when he was 6 months i'll save it for then instead and he can have his first shot in it on christmas day.

Defintly get him something useful and as i'm not too keen on walkers the bouncer will help to strengthen his legs for walking and i just know that he'd love it too. ;)

Vistravi
16-Aug-10, 19:54
Oh my goodness, you've just upset my day...thinking about Christmas ALREADY !!!:~( I'm still waiting on summer to come!!

Sorry! Its only 4 months away...... :eek:

Think you should give up on summer. Looks like we've already had it!

shamrock2007
16-Aug-10, 20:26
We got our wee boy a fab garage & cars from the ELC he loved it played with it so much. It was about £39 but that was four years ago! lol

simpsoney
16-Aug-10, 21:13
My two were born in Sept and November so what i did was put money in their bank accounts and gave them a couple of little presents on Christmas day. They were too youny to know any better and the money was there when they needed something useful.

Vistravi
21-Aug-10, 21:27
Don't baby boys usually get an electric trainset for their first Christmas? Then daddy has to try it out and make sure it works, at least once a week, for the next couple of years. :D

In my son's case its grandad lol. My stepdad has got two full sets of the electric kind in the loft waiting for my boy to be old enough or so he says lol.

kjandcrew
21-Aug-10, 21:52
Go for the thing you push along with the thing that comes off at the front - forget what it is called - its fab and a lot of toy in one hit - all mine had this (i have had six babies) it lasted a long time and took them from about 6months to 18 months to get bored brill :)
ps my grandson has one and he is nearly two he played with the bit you pull off for ages and now pushes the other bit around pps 2nd grandson has the pull off bit now [lol] (he is 8 months) -
Im cross with myself for not remembering what its called but im sure you will know what i mean :)

alanatkie
21-Aug-10, 22:06
Defintly get him something useful and as i'm not too keen on walkers the bouncer will help to strengthen his legs for walking and i just know that he'd love it too. ;)

It's not the old style baby walkers - it is this one here for example - link here (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3479865/Trail/searchtext%3EFIRST+STEPS+BABY+WALKER.htm)

purplelady
22-Aug-10, 01:45
Be prepared its not the toys you have taken ages deliberating over its the wrapping paper and boxes that are the most played with!
hehehehe was going to say just get him a box lol xxxxxxxxxxx

joxville
22-Aug-10, 01:48
Given the state of the country I suggest you start a pension plan for him. :roll: