PDA

View Full Version : Labels

John Little
15-Aug-10, 20:41
My wife did a pile of my teeshirts, her blouses and dresses and just spent a happy time with a pair of scissors removing those hard cloth labels from the necks. They irritate, they scratch and they drive you nuts.

Will somebody please please please tell me why manufacturers insist on putting them in?

I have couple of Nike teeshirts and they are sensible - the label is printed into the back. But the selling of so many garments with built in neck scratcher seems both foolish and wasteful - and an un-necessary expense to me.

They should stop it now! Save resources!

mrlennie
15-Aug-10, 20:45
My wife did a pile of my teeshirts, her blouses and dresses and just spent a happy time with a pair of scissors removing those hard cloth labels from the necks. They irritate, they scratch and they drive you nuts.

Will somebody please please please tell me why manufacturers insist on putting them in?

I have couple of Nike teeshirts and they are sensible - the label is printed into the back. But the selling of so many garments with built in neck scratcher seems both foolish and wasteful - and an un-necessary expense to me.

They should stop it now! Save resources!

You need to grow some neck hair and scratch back.

John Little
15-Aug-10, 20:50
Alas! I am among the follicularly challenged. I would love to take your advice but it is not a probability.......

Dadie
15-Aug-10, 20:52
I know what you mean.
Labels, scratchy labels.
Sometimes bigger than the garments...pants for a 2yo with a 3"label (just so you know how to wash them in 6 different languages)
Not too bad if its silky ribbon type labels but the hard plasticy type have to be removed before 1st wear!

mrlennie
15-Aug-10, 20:55
Alas! I am among the follicularly challenged. I would love to take your advice but it is not a probability.......

Well fortunately for you I am Europe's biggest stockholder in neck wigs! I have contacts I can get you in touch with.

Seriously they are itchy little things arent they.

Dadie
15-Aug-10, 21:00
My pet hate is if someone is wearing a top with the label is sticking up at the back of their neck.
I always want to ask if they would mind if I sorted it!

John Little
15-Aug-10, 21:13
Oh I saw the most beautiful girl in Venice in a dress that made her look the absolute goods.

'Shall I tell her the neck label's sticking up?' I said to my wife
'No!'

But the urge to tell such is almost irresistible

I suppose they might be terribly offended.

When I worked as a security guard I did tell a VIP that his flies were open - and he laughed like a drain.....

Dadie
15-Aug-10, 21:17
I think its best to tell and then they get the chance to get it sorted than walking around for ages like an idiot!
Would you like to walk round all day with your fly open or your skirt tucked in your knickers?
Yes it might be embarrassing to be told, but its better than not being told:eek:

John Little
15-Aug-10, 21:33
I think its best to tell and then they get the chance to get it sorted than walking around for ages like an idiot!
Would you like to walk round all day with your fly open or your skirt tucked in your knickers?
Yes it might be embarrassing to be told, but its better than not being told:eek:

Why I have never walked round with my skirt tucked in my knickers!

(tosses head flightily)

Dadie
15-Aug-10, 21:35
I have..as well as having loo roll stuck in the heel of my high heels!
Menal note to check before leaving the loos:lol:

telfordstar
15-Aug-10, 22:21
My pet hate is if someone is wearing a top with the label is sticking up at the back of their neck.
I always want to ask if they would mind if I sorted it!

lol I have a friend who hate to see any one with a coat hood not sitting right as she puts it, she has no problem sorting the hoods of any random stranger!

Aaldtimer
16-Aug-10, 02:46
These labels are almost tolerable if they are ironed along with the shirt!
The hard ones are even worse if you cut them off an leave a stubble.:confused