PDA

View Full Version : sponsorship forms help

denise
14-Aug-10, 20:54
Need some advice, me & my 7 year old daughter are going to Ghana for Volunteer work with children for 5 weeks in October, would like to raise funds for equipment I have to take over & for the school/ orphanage that we will be working at.
Have been told that as this is not a charity per say I cannot use a sponsorship form, running 10km, to raise funds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any advice gratefully recieived.

Rheghead
14-Aug-10, 21:01
7 years old? Isn't she a bit young for working in the heat?

starry
14-Aug-10, 22:32
I am not sure about the sponsorship forms but what a great experience for you both.
Best of luck x

Gogglebox
14-Aug-10, 22:39
Good Luck in Ghana.

Fantastic place, Great People

I worked there for a few months in Accra and Tema and we all loved it

Dont know about the sponsor side of things im afraid!

pegasus
14-Aug-10, 23:39
Need some advice, me & my 7 year old daughter are going to Ghana for Volunteer work with children for 5 weeks in October, would like to raise funds for equipment I have to take over & for the school/ orphanage that we will be working at.
Have been told that as this is not a charity per say I cannot use a sponsorship form, running 10km, to raise funds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any advice gratefully recieived.

Your brave mozzies malaria aids and heat.
The pight of parentless and homeles children over ther is haertbreakin and most of the time the Ghanaes Government diesnt have the means to help provide a safe haven for thes kiddies.

Iwonder if your local newspaper or locl radio station might be able to help you raise funds. Maybe a local company will assist.
If you are enthused and confident and it shows then your sincerety ought to be rewarded.
Good luck with the 10km run makes me feel tired just thinkin about it! :roll:

I hope you and your daughter enjoy your 5 weeks and bring home lots of great memories to.
Sorry cnat be more help but here hopin that you get enough for that much needed equitment.

Peg x

PS. Dont forget to take lots of suntan lotion!

denise
15-Aug-10, 12:49
Thanks for replys all. It was hard finding a volunteer project that enabled me to take my daughter, only had a few choices was told that the people were very friendly & it was by far the cheapest option.
Have thought about making up a donation form and taking photos over of us giving them equipment or money to prove that we did give the money to them, cynical world we live in :)
Thanks