PDA

View Full Version : Poor doggie!

porshiepoo
07-Jul-06, 18:30
I saw the most awful thing today while I was walking from the town to Argos.
I heard a lass screaming then this almighty bang, and for one awful minute i honestly thought that a child had been hit. Thankfully not. But when I looked a lovely doberman had been hit by a bus. The lady owner was hysterical - understandably - but luckily the lad that was with her managed to keep his cool very well.
I couldn't just leave them so I went back to them but I can't say as I was much use cos it was one of those times when I had neither the car or a phone with me.
Luckily a lady - who was very calm & cool - stopped and offered to drive the lass and her dog to the vets.

Basically I'd love to know how the little dog is. She took a very bad hit to the head but she was still exceptionally alert and at least trying to help herself.
And the bus driver bless him, he reversed the bus back up and came over to the dog and the owners and just after I'd walked away I realised that I didn't hear anyone ask him if he was ok. So if you were the bus driver or know the bus driver 'How are you?' and although it wasn't my dog and i didn't know the people personally I'd like to thank you on their behalf for being considerate enough to stop and checking on the dog - I hope you're OK.

Anyone with any knowledge on this incident, I'd love to hear how the dog and the owners are.

Could I just point out at this point that it was a freak accident. I'd glanced at the owners and the dog seconds before the accident and the dog was securely on it's lead. Apparantly the lead just snapped or the dog broke free (I can't remember which) and she ran the few yards they were from the road. I really don't think anyone was to blame here and the owners were absolutely mortified at what had happened - in fact the lass was terribly traumatised and was shaking violently - I do hope they're OK.:(

Liz
07-Jul-06, 19:14
Oh Porshiepoo this is awful and, as you said, a terrible accident!

Well done for trying to help. You are obviously a very kind lady.

I really, really hope the dog is ok.

I know someone at the Vet Surgery so will try to find out for you but it will not be until Monday.

LRM
07-Jul-06, 19:22
what a shame. I will never forget the time I hit a dog with my car, what a bang!! Thankfully the dog was okay, but it was a horrible noise and I remember thinking how glad I was that it was not a child

cuddlepop
07-Jul-06, 22:09
Ihad a collie who managed to right a car off when they struck him.The dog took off up the hill and eventually limped home later on.Wasnt know ordinery collie, in every sense of the word!:eek: .
Hope you find out if the dogs ok.Terrible fright for everyone.

_Ju_
08-Jul-06, 00:17
one word: L-E-A-S-H.

Fran
08-Jul-06, 02:44
JU.....If you read Porshie's story again, you will see that the poor dog was securely on a lead which snapped. i have seen that happen many a time. do hope the dog recovers.......and the people involved too.

katarina
08-Jul-06, 22:30
We once hit a dog - as you say what a bang. He streaked right out in front of us. the dog, a thin lurcher type was lying in a heap on the road. I went over and touched him, but he seemed dead. I was very upset and ran to the nearest house to see who owned the dog. The girl said yes it was her dog and we both went out to look at him, still lying in a heap where i had left him. As we approached, he suddenly sprang up, shook himself and ran off. I met the girl another time, and she said he was fine - no after effects. and they say a cat has nine lives.....

porshiepoo
10-Jul-06, 08:52
Anyone heard anything on this poor doggie yet?

Liz it would be great if your friend had an update.

Liz
10-Jul-06, 12:56
Anyone heard anything on this poor doggie yet?

Liz it would be great if your friend had an update.

Hi Porshiepoo

Afraid I won't see my friend until later but will post on here as soon as I find out something.

Really hope it is ok.

Liz
10-Jul-06, 17:45
Great news porshiepoo! The dog is fine now.

Absolutely delighted!:grin::grin:

changilass
10-Jul-06, 18:27

Absolutely delighted!:grin:

I do love a tail with a happy ending :lol:

rockchick
10-Jul-06, 18:28
Great to hear! God really does take care of drunks, little kids, and wee doggies...

krieve
10-Jul-06, 20:36
Thats great news Liz, that the doggie is ok now!! :D

Yvonne
10-Jul-06, 22:06
So very relieved for all concerned and especially for our four legged friend!

porshiepoo
10-Jul-06, 23:01

Absolutely delighted!:grin::grin:

Yay! That's fantastic news. I'm so pleased for the dog and the owners that were with her. Aw Bless!