PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd hand hamsters.

Dadie
14-Aug-10, 09:44
The two dwarf hamsters, now called Angelina (as in angelina ballerina) and Cheese (mouse in tinkerbel) are settling in fine.
Their wheel has to be removed when Im going to bed as I can hear them running on it, in Laurens bedroom.
They have been out running around and well handled.
But thinking about having a trip to PAH for two small hamster balls.
And I will try to toilet train them to use a jamjar as it keeps the cage fresher, for those interested, you put some of the peed sawdust in the jar in the corner they use as a toilet and they soon use the jar. The jar then only needs cleaned out two/three times a week and the cage doesnt smell!

Dadie
15-Aug-10, 21:12
Had a look in PAH today and didnt see any wee hamster balls.
Anywhere else I can look?
Just so we can let them out without the possibility of losing them.
The big balls are just too big for dwarf hammies to manouver!

unicorn
15-Aug-10, 21:25
How about these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GYRO-BALL-EXERCISE-HAMSTER-PLAYBALL-SMALL-RODENTS-/140432511993?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals

or these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HAMSTER-EXERCISE-BALL-MINI-DELUXE-DWARF-MICE-SM-RODENTS-/250678039099?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals

unicorn
15-Aug-10, 21:26
or loads here
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=hamster+ball&_sacat=0&_dmpt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&_odkw=small+rodent+balls&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

Dadie
15-Aug-10, 21:32
ta!
didnt fancy the ebay troll!
but it looks like ebay will have to be the answer!
Had a look at the diy/pets stall on sat as well!
And I know I said no more pets...but after the wee beasties had been up for homes for a month...........hard thinking and......
Yup sucker!

pirateeye
18-Aug-10, 20:28
try christies 99p shop or the old watsits shop in thurso. definitly had them in there, cheaper too

purplelady
18-Aug-10, 23:38
seen them in the wick one other day xxxxxxxxx

Dadie
19-Aug-10, 13:20
Definately will have a look at the weekend!
We had a major panic yesterday when Iona let them out the cage in the livingroom...the little furballs hid under the drawer unit the fishtank is on and wouldnt come out!
Thought I would have to siphon out the tank and move the unit...just got everything ready when I thought what would happen if I took out the bottom drawers....yep it didnt have a solid bottom and the furballs were duly rounded up!

Roisin
20-Aug-10, 02:45
glade there keeping you on your toes :)

neepnipper
20-Aug-10, 09:06
Pets at Home do sell hamster balls for dwarf hamsters, if you can't find them ask a memeber of staff and they'll show you where they are.

Dadie
22-Aug-10, 17:52
Balls bought and a silent spinner instead of the wheel.
Happy hamsters and I will be happy if the spinner is as quiet as it claims.
Not hearing them in the wheel at night time will be good!
But I also think im allergic to the sawdust in the cage.
Everytime I clean out the cage im sneezing and have a tickily throat....same as doing the rabbits...
Not going to get rid of them or anything just will have to be careful when around the cage to keep the dust down!
Add watery and itchy eyes to the list too...I have just cleaned them out!