PDA

View Full Version : Archery

sweetpea
07-Jul-06, 15:52
Does anyone know if it's possible to try archery up here? I had a go last weekend and loved it.

Ricco
07-Jul-06, 16:36
Hi, Sweetpea. When I used to live in Thurso I joined an archery group who use to shoot in the grounds of Miller Academy. Hope this helps.

Niall Fernie
07-Jul-06, 18:04
Not sure if the info on this page is still up to date:

http://sport.caithness.org/group.php?id=90

But perhaps if you get in touch, you could ask them to send us updated information.

squidge
07-Jul-06, 19:11
Where did you try that sweetpea?

Were at fort George for the jousting?

Elenna
07-Jul-06, 20:00
My son and I have also been interested for some time in taking up archery (I used to dabble in the sport many moons ago). I saw the listing that Niall gives in that link, but the info didn't seem to be current.

LENSMAN
08-Jul-06, 13:27
There used to be a popular club on the go a few years ago but falling numbers and rising hall costs killed it.
There is still gear on the go if anyone is interested in trying to resurrect a club pm me and I will pass details on.
A couple of years ago there was a girl moving up here that wanted to set up a coaching centre and wanted numbers so she could get a grant, never heard anymore.
So any budding Robin Hoods please pm.

Ian Sinclair
10-Jul-06, 17:56
"Shelligoe Archery" will be setting up in Lybster,Caithness sometime this year.
Contact
Joy Finch on 01593 721 496 or Archery@shelligoe.com

If there is any archery equipment out there please do call on the above number.
Thank you

obiron
10-Jul-06, 18:02
one of those things i always wanted to try.

connieb19
10-Jul-06, 18:09
one of those things i always wanted to try.Depends on who the targert is..lol:lol:

obiron
10-Jul-06, 18:11
could always stick an apple on cedrics head and shoot while humming william tell that would be fun.

Elenna
10-Jul-06, 19:13
Contact

Ohh, that sounds promising. Thanks for the info!

Thank you also, Lensman for the information you sent me. I shall check out both of these.

Psst...Sweetpea, Connie, and Obiron....Fancy forming a band of Merry Women and lurking in Dunnett Forest...? ;)

sweetpea
11-Jul-06, 10:31
Contact

If there is any archery equipment out there please do call on the above number.
Thank you

Thanks for this I will contact her. sweetpea

sweetpea
11-Jul-06, 11:31
Ohh, that sounds promising. Thanks for the info!

Thank you also, Lensman for the information you sent me. I shall check out both of these.

Psst...Sweetpea, Connie, and Obiron....Fancy forming a band of Merry Women and lurking in Dunnett Forest...? ;)

Sounds ace! Need to sort myslf out with bow/arrows etc which I'm working on right now but seriously let me know if you want to get together. Sweetpea x
:D

sweetpea
11-Jul-06, 15:08
Checked out Shelligoe arcchery but it is private members only but they will have a come and try so no use for me. If anyone's still interested let me know as I am going to keep persuing it. I found a website where I can get all the equipment to get started for £230. Does that seem reasonable?

avalon
11-Jul-06, 18:14
Shelligoe Archery will be a privately owned club open to those who wish to join. The have-a-go day will be an introduction to those who are interested in taking up the sport. An infomation pack will be available on request. contact archery@shellioge.com or call Joy on 01593 721 496

mccaugm
11-Jul-06, 20:57
For Field Archery only apply to:
Scottish Field Archery Association (S.F.A.A) Gen. Sec. Veronica Catignani, 125 Dewar Street, Dunfermline, KY12 8AB, Scotland Tel. 01383 738561
(Affiliated to The World Governing Body IFAA)

krieve
11-Jul-06, 21:03
I have tried Archery before it was good fun:D , apart from when i hurt my arm and it was bruised for about 2weeks it really hurt. :~(

avalon
12-Jul-06, 18:00
You can shoot without getting bruised !
contact archery@shelligoe.com for lessons!
Opening soon!

avalon
28-Jul-06, 10:18
FREE "have-a-go-day" on the 12th August 2006.
10am to 2pm at Lybster Hall.
It will be an introduction to those who are interested in taking up the sport Archery!.

To BOOK please contact Joy on 01593 721 496

Children from the age of 10 - 18 years have to be accompanied by a Parent / Guardian.

Sponsored by .... www.sign-n-graph.co.uk (http://www.sign-n-graph.co.uk)

wicker
28-Jul-06, 10:46
I'm very interested, will there be bows and arm and finger protectors available to hire as i no longer have my equipment

avalon
01-Aug-06, 10:24
Shelligoe Archery's FREE Have-a-go-day has been extended to Sunday the 13th August from 2pm to 4pm as well as Saturday the 12th 10am to 2pm. Both being held at Lybster Hall.
Please don't forget to BOOK!
All equipment on site. - but you're welcome to bring your own!

Lessons Available every Sunday starting from the 20th August 2006 onwards....... please call for further details.

If you are an archer but have nowhere to shoot our "Out Door Range" will be opening early September.
For menbership details please call Joy on 01593 721 496 or email:- archery@shelligoe.com