PDA

View Full Version : Disabled persons rail card

Alba.gu.brath
13-Aug-10, 15:03
My brother has a Disabled persons rail card which entitles himself and any other person traveling with him to 1/3 off rail fares . However on wedensday we were traveling to Inverness on the 06.48 the conductor was adament that the card only covers one person and he said that he had been told that unless the card had a plus 1 on it only one person is covered by the card so we had to pay full fare . I have now Had it confirmed by the card issuer that the card covers the card holder and one other person and that they have never had a plus one printer on any of their cards .

kwbrown111
13-Aug-10, 16:11
My wifes one has C+1 on hers for companion. if not just card holder can travel free

Alba.gu.brath
13-Aug-10, 16:24
The website here explains it all http://www.disabledpersons-railcard.co.uk/what-is-a-disabled-persons-railcard
We also have just recieved a letter from the Disabled Persons Railcard issuers confirming that All green cards are valid for the card holder and a second person

Dadie
13-Aug-10, 16:31
Have you gone into the station office with your tickets?
You would be entitled to a refund.
Might be worth it...maybe not for the money but on principle!

Alba.gu.brath
13-Aug-10, 16:40
The card issuer is dealing with it lodging a complaint for david as they have had similar problems recently on the same route apparently there are different types of disabled rail card but davids covers two people and has no +1 on it !

Fran
13-Aug-10, 22:21
the card also gives you 2 sleepers for london for only £19

Kodiak
13-Aug-10, 23:19
My brother has a Disabled persons rail card which entitles himself and any other person traveling with him to 1/3 off rail fares . However on wedensday we were traveling to Inverness on the 06.48 the conductor was adament that the card only covers one person and he said that he had been told that unless the card had a plus 1 on it only one person is covered by the card so we had to pay full fare . I have now Had it confirmed by the card issuer that the card covers the card holder and one other person and that they have never had a plus one printer on any of their cards .

Did you but your Ticket on the Train.?

The reason I ask is that in the Terms and Conditions of the Disabled Rail Card it states and I quote from them :-

7. Tickets for your journey should be purchased before boarding the train.

This could have been the Problem

Alba.gu.brath
13-Aug-10, 23:35
Tickets were bought on the train as the station is closed untill 9am but the card issuer says it still covers 2 people when the station is closed

Kodiak
13-Aug-10, 23:43
As I said this could be the problem. This being that the conductor on the train was told not to accept the disabled rail card for two people. as per rule 7.

In other words ignorance of behalf of the conductor.

pegasus
14-Aug-10, 16:05

This must have been upseting for you both.
Ihope it all getes sorted out but at leat you will know what to say if this should happen again. :roll: