PDA

View Full Version : Time for a good news thread from me

munron
13-Aug-10, 15:02
I was always the kid who went to horse shows and wished it was me, well now it is.
I havent got the show horse, he is a 22 year old slightly fat cob (maybe more than slightly), but boy what fun he is. Paddy and I did one show last year and Canisbay this year and came home with rosettes albeit that we were last each time, not that I cared a jot. Well we, in a moment of madness, decided to go all the way to the Keith Show. We came 4th out of 13 and I would doubt there was many a happier person than me on that showground. So just to say no matter how old or lacking in show quality your horse is, if you want to have fun put them in the veteran classes.

Off the lorry as fresh as paint after a long journey, superstar.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/Paddyatyard2.jpg

Looking very pretty in his bling

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/PaddyHeadShot1.jpg

And when Paddy has had enough of the camera work, he just charges you

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/Chargingatthecamera.jpg

Paddy is a horse in a million and we love him

munron
13-Aug-10, 15:06
I should add that if anyone wants to give showing a shot but are nervous then there is a few of us newbies about that can lend support, rescue remedy or wine - we can generally be found hanging around the loos at shows :) The show at Canisbay and BHS (although entry closed now, not sure if they do lates) are great shows to start.

Shabbychic
13-Aug-10, 16:50
Well done you. (and Paddy of course) I love your attitude. Too many take things far too seriously, and forget what fun and is all about.

I wish both you and Paddy a long and happy future together. :)

summer
13-Aug-10, 18:09
He's lovely.

I'm glad there's others out there with the same attitude as me - a show is just another way to have a nice day with your horse!

porshiepoo
13-Aug-10, 18:39
I so miss having a horse to show.
I remember well the pride I got with every minimus rosette that I got. lol. I gradually progressed until we were getting coloured rosettes in showjumping and working hunter classes. Ahhhh, I remember it well. In fact I still have Rosettes from 24 years ago.

Well done you, it's great to hear you finally got what you wanted for all of those years.
Have to say Paddy looks very glamorous.
No matter what place you get, you'll always go home feeling like a winner because you're doing it for the pleasure.
Keep going!

froal
13-Aug-10, 19:22
He looks stunning for being 22....!!!:D
Well done on your showing:D

daisychain
13-Aug-10, 22:35
Congratulations to both of you, no pics of you! but Paddy scrubs up well!!!

balto
13-Aug-10, 22:44
what a handsome chap he is, well done to you both

Liz
13-Aug-10, 22:45
Very, very well done to you and Paddy. You are both stars and an inspiration!:D

ter21wat
13-Aug-10, 22:49
Well done to you both!! And you are soo right its all about having fun with and enjoying your horse :) xx

Rictina
13-Aug-10, 22:57
Well done to you both. :)

munron
14-Aug-10, 07:06
Thanks everyone, I was and still am over the moon. Get to do it all again a week Sunday where I am doing my very first ridden class eek. Mind you it is just turnout so it will just be at a walk, but it will be an experience for sure :)

Leanne
14-Aug-10, 12:30
He has a nice kind eye :) Congrats! My first horse was a veteran, he did his last one day event at 25 and didn't retire until he was 27! May you have many more years of pleasure from each other :)

GruesomeTwosome
17-Aug-10, 13:27
Well done you, i'm not surprised as he is gorgeous and such a sweetie. Delighted for you both.

I will hopefully be joining you next year as I have just bought a yearling and hope to show next year.

Jovi
18-Aug-10, 21:57
Well done and Good luck with your first ridden class :D

munron
22-Aug-10, 15:44
Thanks everyone, home and buzzing it is unreal I am so delighted, we didnt win but who cares :) I was absolutely bricking it going in the ring but my boy looked after me bless him.

We got a special in C&T and 3rd in veteran but as corny as yah like I get to take the big man home so prize enough for me.

GruesomeT see you next year in yer spankers, remember there is always a glass o vino at the end no matter where you come :)

Jovi
22-Aug-10, 21:46
Well done Munron and 'Paddy' :D

GruesomeTwosome
23-Aug-10, 12:49
Sounds good to me, we'll be parking beside you! I cant wait but it will be me brickin it next year!! ha ha

You and your boy looked fab on sunday, well done you x

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
23-Aug-10, 13:29
just found the thread....more nice pics from Keith.....well done at BHS too Nicolers.