PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to watch the Meteor shower tonight?

kel24
12-Aug-10, 17:14
I've heard there is going to be a fantastic meteor shower tonight at around 10pm onwards, anyone planning on trying to watch or know any more information about it? i hope the clouds clear a bit so we can all get a good view!! :D

mrlennie
12-Aug-10, 17:17
Is this localized or everywhere? lol sounds stupid now I've asked that.

joxville
12-Aug-10, 17:23
Most of the Northern Hemisphere should be able to see them. I think pre-dawn is supposed to be the best time to see them, somethign to do with the angle of Earth at that time. Luckily, I leave for work at that time so am keeping fingers crossed that it's a clear night. :)

sharona
12-Aug-10, 17:28
i am watchin tv wat r u watchin tonight

billmoseley
12-Aug-10, 19:08
can't see the hill out the back cos of mist so no chance off see anything else

Iffy
12-Aug-10, 19:24
Which direction should we be looking in ?

I think "Tuggs" is the ONE to keep us all right !

Are you aboot Tuggs ???

Sage
12-Aug-10, 19:26
just look UP dahlink ;)

Hopefully the mist will clear, but for the last couple of years its been like this. Best out around midnight if you cant stay up for the pre-dawn show...it's usually excellent :D

Invisible
12-Aug-10, 19:47
what if its not dark enough

Kevin Milkins
12-Aug-10, 20:03
I think the North East is where the action is, we are going to climb the highest mountain in Caithness for better vantage point.:Razz

DeHaviLand
12-Aug-10, 20:29
Good luck getting to the summit of Morven at this time of the evening. Its 706m, so its going to take a bit of time :eek:

Kevin Milkins
12-Aug-10, 20:35
Good luck getting to the summit of Morven at this time of the evening. Its 706m, so its going to take a bit of time :eek:

We where thinking of trying Wick's highest peak, Mount Kilimanforhisgiro.:lol:

moses
12-Aug-10, 20:40
definately will have a look if the skies are clear, have seen a few on Tuesday night around midnight.

changilass
12-Aug-10, 20:42
Will have a look out down here in sunny Lancaster, I wonder if it will be anywhere near as impressive as the thunder and lightening shower we had earlier today lol.

joxville
12-Aug-10, 21:23
Typical, it started raining here about 2hrs ago and though it's stopped for now, it doesn't look like the cloud is going to clear. :( Hopefully better in the morning.

mcconnach87
12-Aug-10, 21:56
cant belive ive been waitin months for this and all i can see is cloud :mad:

Kevin Milkins
13-Aug-10, 03:47
I am a little bit disappointed, I have just come in and not a star in sight.:(

Dadie
13-Aug-10, 09:20
It was cloudy at 12, 2, 4am and then it started getting lighter about then.....
Saw nothing!

shazzy
13-Aug-10, 11:22
We where thinking of trying Wick's highest peak, Mount Kilimanforhisgiro.:lol:
very good!!!:lol::lol: