PDA

View Full Version : Not a happy bunny

changilass
07-Jul-06, 02:12
Got reported to the authorities today for having an untidy/dangerous garden. Wouldn't mind so much, but the authorities run frequent checks and knew about it already, and the situation concerned was an emergency, which was supposed to be very short term (but kept getting prolonged),it had an end date put on it over a week ago.

The person who made the report will understand what I am saying, there is a shortfall, and behaviour such as yours is a contributary(sp?) factor.

Why are people so small minded, and why do they not have the courage to contact folk directly, they could have saved themselves the cost of a phone call if they had simply spoken to us.

We are not happy with the situation ourselves, but needs must. We moved to the area from Thurso in December and are trying to improve the house and garden, but have had to put this on hold to a certain extent because of the situation we have found ourselves in.

Sorry for the rant, and the vaugness(sp?) of this post, but felt the need to get it off my chest.[disgust]

rockchick
07-Jul-06, 04:52
Sorry to hear about your troubles, changilas. How bad is it?

porshiepoo
07-Jul-06, 08:35
What seems to be the problem??
Anything anyone on here can help with????

golach
07-Jul-06, 09:05
well put changi, I was gutted when you gave me the full facts, and good on you for putting your rant in print, I hope someone who knows who made the complaint is an Orger and brings this to their attention, I would hate to think that the complainant is an Orger.
I know its easy for me to say weecuz, but dont let this get you down, you are better than that, there are a lot of jealous people out there.[evil]

JAWS
07-Jul-06, 11:27
Changilass, might I suggest you put a sign up reading, "Beware, Dangerous Garden!".

And please ensure that your grass is cut to the regulation 1.375 centimeters with no more than a 2% error.

squidge
07-Jul-06, 11:43
Changilass - invite the neighbours around to help you tidy the flipping thing up.

That would have been a more constructive way for them to deal with the situation than picking up the phone and making a complaint.

unicorn
07-Jul-06, 12:03
sounds like it needs orgers to come to the rescue with a taskforce :p

katarina
07-Jul-06, 12:47
I don't understand. If it's your garden, behind your perimetres, how's it anyone elses business? I mean, then it could only be a danger to trespassers - or am I missing something?

phoenix
07-Jul-06, 13:02
Can I help changilass? Give us a pm if theres anything we can do! Were in Castletown as you know not sure where about you are though! We know only too well what its like to be on the receiving end of nasty neighbours, one in particular where we used to live, wont go into details it would take up too much web-space. :lol: So if theres anything we can do let us know....OK! :)

changilass
07-Jul-06, 13:11
Thanks for the support guys.

I am sorry that I can't give you the full facts, it is to do with what I do work? wise.

The garden isn't dangerous, it is an ongoing project, which I had to put on hold, due to the situation we were put in.

The situation (as opposed to the garden) will be resolved in just over a week.

I just got so upset and annoyed that whoever it was didn't feel as if they could come and talk to us, I don't bite, honest:D

Liz
07-Jul-06, 13:39
Good grief there are more important things to worry about than untidy or 'dangerous'??? gardens!!!

Hope things get sorted out for you soon.

Really nice of the orgers who have offered help. :)

cuddlepop
07-Jul-06, 15:17
I.m a bit too far to lend a hand but you do have my sympathy.People are spineless when they cant approach you directly.Nice to see everyone on the org supporting you.
Hope everything sorts its self out soon.

ŠAmethyst
07-Jul-06, 15:54
I'm on the other end of a situation like this, but I daren't say similar.

My neighbour has been approached by another neighbour and friend about him looking through his fence into my ground floor flat. He's since stopped but although other neighbours are complaining about the dog mess left on his front lawn, on the pavement and in other people's gardens (I don't have a dog, but have had to buy a poop scoop). I don't want to go to the authorities but I see no other choice and I keep putting it off. I feel like I should go and talk to him but I'm afraid to since I've caught him peering through my windows in the early hours of the morning. I don't want to talk to his mother either even though she seems really nice (he's in his 30's - living at home to care for his disabled mother).

Any hints or advice?

btw... I would have picked up his dog poo and put it over his car to get him back but his car isn't even on the road and is just dumped in the middle of his back garden - blocking my view of nearby countryside!

changilass
07-Jul-06, 17:08
Changilass, might I suggest you put a sign up reading, "Beware, Dangerous Garden!".

And please ensure that your grass is cut to the regulation 1.375 centimeters with no more than a 2% error.

Tempted to put the sign up as a way of sticking my fingers up to the cowardly person without a life who reported us:lol:

changilass
07-Jul-06, 17:11
Big thank you to everyone for your messages, as someone very nicely pointed out to me, I should read my own signature, and to hell with them, this is just another case of the mindless few spoiling things for others:D