PDA

View Full Version : Burger Van

mama2
11-Aug-10, 23:42
Does anybody on here have names & numbers for people who have burger van's in Caithness??

mama2
12-Aug-10, 23:13
Nobody?????

Geoff
12-Aug-10, 23:22
have sent you pm

chef4celebrations
13-Aug-10, 02:02
sent pm to you

Crackeday
13-Aug-10, 10:26
Does anybody on here have names & numbers for people who have burger van's in Caithness??
Surprised one of them is still trading seeing as the stock they were using was "lifted" out of tescos!!!!:lol:

welsh-witch
13-Aug-10, 11:06
theres always a man outside homebase you coul always ask him:Razz

mama2
13-Aug-10, 15:58
Surprised one of them is still trading seeing as the stock they were using was "lifted" out of tescos!!!!:lol:

Who was that??

lorry
13-Aug-10, 21:36
have pm'd you!

chef4celebrations
15-Aug-10, 10:52
so why are you looking for a burger van??????

tommy1979
15-Aug-10, 15:42
so why are you looking for a burger van??????

surly a wind up? :lol::roll:

Setanta
15-Aug-10, 16:48

Not if they have a do organised :)

mama2
15-Aug-10, 21:18
It doesn't really matter why I just am!

mama2
15-Aug-10, 21:21

Why does it have to be a wind up? I posted a question so why is that a wind up??

dousslesh
16-Aug-10, 08:40
I understand that the Burger Van at Homebase is now under new management. A lovely couple ( our new neighbours !) have taken on the van. Just wanted to wish them good luck and all the best in their new venture !

Cattach
16-Aug-10, 15:52
It doesn't really matter why I just am!

Of course it matters. If we are to help we need to know why!

Penelope Pitstop
16-Aug-10, 16:11
There's another burger van that sits outside Howdens in Thurso. The guy that has it lives in Barrock, not sure of his name.
His burgers are very good. He makes them himself. :)

mama2
16-Aug-10, 20:03
Of course it matters. If we are to help we need to know why!

I asked for the number of any mobile catering if you are able to help with that then by all means PM me but something tells me that you are just fishing for info like a few others!!!!

buddy love
18-Aug-10, 18:57
if you need a catering / burger van go to the ncass web site for the uk
http://www.ncass.org.uk/:cool:

cuthill
20-Aug-10, 18:07
I understand that the Burger Van at Homebase is now under new management. A lovely couple ( our new neighbours !) have taken on the van. Just wanted to wish them good luck and all the best in their new venture !

Thank-you! :Razz

cherokee
20-Aug-10, 18:26
I must admit this is run by a really nice,friendly couple.. but.....

I bought a cheeseburger with onions from there the other week and the burger was extremely over-cooked (I couldn't even bend the roll because the burger was so "solid") it also tasted very salty. It was placed on an (obviously) very cheap roll; not a proper "burger roll" and with a thin slice of synthetic cheese.... as regards to the onions.... what onions ??

Sorry; thanks, but "no thanks" !!!

rogermellie
21-Aug-10, 01:27
I must admit this is run by a really nice,friendly couple.. but.....

I bought a cheeseburger with onions from there the other week and the burger was extremely over-cooked (I couldn't even bend the roll because the burger was so "solid") it also tasted very salty. It was placed on an (obviously) very cheap roll; not a proper "burger roll" and with a thin slice of synthetic cheese.... as regards to the onions.... what onions ??

Sorry; thanks, but "no thanks" !!!

did you say anything to this nice and friendly couple ? :confused

i stop by the homebase van on a pretty regular basis and can say with some conviction (no pun intended), that his rolls and burgers are made by local bakers and butchers...they told me so while i waited, and when i tasted it ? you better believe it was quality produce.

i'll stand to be corrected, but the burgers i've had from Bob at Homebase are tip top, great quality and very filling.

some people might ask ...'exactly how hard can it be to cook a burger ?'

the answer is, very simple, but it's the quality of your produce that counts.

cherokee, you must have had a duff burger, but if you'd handed it back to Bob, he'd have been horrified, this man takes a pride in making his customers happy. he even refused me 2 cheeseburgers at once, saying 'see how you get on with the first one'.... he was right, after the first one i was stuffed !

all this talk of cheeseburgers, guess where i'm going for lunch tomorrow !

Setanta
21-Aug-10, 06:12
Hey Cherokee
A need to moan based on one burger, easy to cause trouble for good hard working people without stepping up and giving your name, dont you love the keyboard heros .........think not

btw folks Im not in the least related to the said burger people, just pissed off that people can do this on this forum......fed up with the folks that hide behind their keyboards and cause trouble for others...cowards

highlander2222
21-Aug-10, 07:53
Hey Cherokee
A need to moan based on one burger, easy to cause trouble for good hard working people without stepping up and giving your name, dont you love the keyboard heros .........think not

btw folks Im not in the least related to the said burger people, just pissed off that people can do this on this forum......fed up with the folks that hide behind their keyboards and cause trouble for others...cowards

Agree 100%