PDA

View Full Version : Roadworks at berridale

del 123
11-Aug-10, 21:32
hi does anyone know why that bit of road at berridale,where the bus nearly wen"t over the barrier,has still not been fixed! thats been months.what are they doing? hardly a massive job.

Dadie
11-Aug-10, 21:47
Think they are waiting for a new barrier.
Built to the required spec.

Happy Guy
11-Aug-10, 22:14
I think a work gang from Portgower have been working on it!

sids
11-Aug-10, 22:24
I think a work gang from Portgower have been working on it!

That sucks big time!

spurtle
11-Aug-10, 23:00
hi does anyone know why that bit of road at berridale,where the bus nearly wen"t over the barrier,has still not been fixed! thats been months.what are they doing? hardly a massive job.

Our illuminated sign outside Wick announced the road was closed at Berriedale this afternoon - is it open again yet?

Dadie
11-Aug-10, 23:17
There was a lorry incident..breaking down etc..etc..earlier on in the day ..

lynne duncan
12-Aug-10, 17:09
right on the blooming corner, we just snuck past him, it would be nice if they could hurry up and fix the corner

andrew.bowles30
12-Aug-10, 17:40
its always been a problem even whenwe had the cafe at the bottom itstime to do something about it never mind keep recovering it
its a shame the eastate wont let me open the cafe again

Fran
13-Aug-10, 22:26
some officials are looking at it first, was in the paper, and hope to have a by pass, but it will probably be years. i think the traffic lights should stay, much safer.

Jeid
14-Aug-10, 00:22
Safer at the corner yes, not safer for the rest of the trip when there's a queue of traffic and cars are overtaking the inevitably slow 40mph drivers.

suth13
14-Aug-10, 08:56
a pain in the but having to stop at red light on a hill with a caravan on tow.

Stefan
14-Aug-10, 10:05
a pain in the but having to stop at red light on a hill with a caravan on tow.

Agree but much safer than meeting a lorry on the wrong side of the road at the corner and THEN having to go backwards with your caravan on tow.

Cattach
14-Aug-10, 10:11
its always been a problem even whenwe had the cafe at the bottom itstime to do something about it never mind keep recovering it
its a shame the eastate wont let me open the cafe again

Do you really think so? Stopped once - enough said!

poppett
11-Sep-10, 16:45
Barriers have been replaced now and traffic lights and workmen disappeared during the afternoon yesterday.

Would have helped if they had tarred the road at the same time, but suppose that is a different budget.

Bill Fernie
11-Sep-10, 17:00
The bends at Berriedale are to be tarred in October and the job will take 3 nights. The road is to be closed for three nights between 10.00pm and 6.00am and only emergency vehicles will be allowed through. Dates will be advertised. The reason for closure is due to the bend and safety of the workforce.

So if you are travelling late at night there will be a very long detour or a very long wait.

Dynamic Sounds
11-Sep-10, 19:01
Do we know what dates the bends are goning to be closed? I will be driving north a couple of times in October and would like to know in advance if I have to go over the Strath.

Dadie
11-Sep-10, 22:27
Dont know yet...
but cursing as we will be up and down the road like yo-yos the next wee while!
Night time/late trips included!
Hopefully we will miss the road closures...but sods law says NO!

Scunner
12-Sep-10, 14:27
Good news - the lights are Berriedale are GONE

poppett
12-Sep-10, 17:50
But...........they`ll be back.