PDA

View Full Version : Fishing on Turso River

t
11-Aug-10, 18:15
Can someone clarify, if i was to fly fish on Thurso River, I assume I would need a permit/license I presume from http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/recreation/fishing/31497.aspx

IS this correct or do they not control Thurso River?

slinky
11-Aug-10, 18:31
yes u need a permit u can get them from the bookshop beside comm bar think its roughley 20 pound for season for trout only pay extra then when u want salmon by booking on a beat for the day not sure price though

t
11-Aug-10, 18:34
So is this different from the permit you buy on the website i gave, is Thurso River Independant then?

Connor.
11-Aug-10, 18:57
I'm not sure if the website provides the same one. I use to get my fishing license from Harpers fish tackle shop.

£20 a season for trout? No wonder I'm not fishing the river anymore.

unicorn
11-Aug-10, 19:01
The bookshop has moved it is in the barbers beside the grove now.

DeHaviLand
11-Aug-10, 19:04
The Environment Agency doesnt sell fishing permits. They sell rod licences, which anyone who wants to fish in England and Wales needs to have. The rod licence doesnt apply here, and shouldn't be confused with permission to fish.

the_big_mac
11-Aug-10, 22:22
The Environment Agency doesnt sell fishing permits. They sell rod licences, which anyone who wants to fish in England and Wales needs to have. The rod licence doesnt apply here, and shouldn't be confused with permission to fish.

Exactly this^

Only applies in England.

If you want to fish on Thurso River you need to join the association, which is what your £20 is for. As said before this gives you permission to fish Beat 1 from the cemetery bridge up to Geise Farm rail bridge. You can fish for brown trout without "booking on" and if you wish to fish for Salmon you have to "book on" a day in advance, for £8.

Hope this helps.

Alba.gu.brath
12-Aug-10, 16:27
Do u need a permit to fish at the mouth of the river as ive been told i do but others that i don't ?