PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phone users Unite!!!!

stevie b
11-Aug-10, 13:43
how many of you fine folk would like to join my crusade to bombard your mobile phone providers on a cartain date to gurn and gurn that even though we pay the same as everyone else we still dont have 3G up in the sticks yet.

i understand that the lucky folk of Wick can get this already so i dont see why it would be so hard for o2, Vodafone, Orange and Tmobile to sort it for the rest of us.

failing this im going to call Jim'll Fix It!!!

BAND1T
11-Aug-10, 14:30
Sounds like a good idea in theory.

stevie b
11-Aug-10, 14:34
nothing may come of it but i would like to try, if a facebook campaign could get ratm to the christmas number one im sure the org can get us 3g lol

onecalledk
11-Aug-10, 16:31
having a signal that doesnt drop constantly throughout the day would be good enough to start with .... please post the link to your facebook campaign !

K :D

stevie b
11-Aug-10, 16:43
yeah that would be handy to.

ive not got a facebook for it yet, was just testing the water on here before i go and get the ball rolling.

i have called up o2 many times in the past and all they do is say that they will put a request into a team and see what they can do, but if its only a one man army i cant see it happening, however even if i can get 100 or maybe 200 to join me then the dream may come true

PantsMAN
11-Aug-10, 17:52
How is it my new O2 phone shows a '3G' logo at the signal?

And the O2 coverage map clearly shows HSDPA coverage in the great town of Wick.

stevie b
11-Aug-10, 18:06
Dunno, is it wick that you are in? The only reason I can think of that why wick already has 3G and the rest of the county is still stuck in the by cellnet days is down to the airport or hospital requiring it

onecalledk
11-Aug-10, 18:41
am in Castletown and the last week or so have annoyingly got EMERGENCY CALLS only off and on with O2 , mighty annoying when you are actually on a call and get cut off !!!

You could always start a facebook campaign and see what happens. ..... I used to be with orange but had such a bad reception going north or east of Inverness had to move to O2.

K

stevie b
12-Aug-10, 14:02
i will get one done tonight or tomorrow and get it posted here

stevie b
13-Aug-10, 15:27
why is it when anyone tries to improve the life for folk in caithness that folk in caithness dont want their life improved?

Corrie 3
13-Aug-10, 15:40
why is it when anyone tries to improve the life for folk in caithness that folk in caithness dont want their life improved?
Perhaps they are quite happy with life just the way it is......I cant see 3G making my life any better, I'm just so grateful that I have a BT landline...it wasnt so long ago that most working folk coudnt afford a home phone at all.

:eek:[lol]

Vistravi
14-Aug-10, 15:27

Tis a question that so many others have pondered before you!

It'd be good if we could get 3g. I use a dongle for internet atm untill we get ours up and running and gprs is soooo slow. It's often like watching paint dry!!! I used my dongle in ness and got a good 3g signal and it was just as fast as broadband! Bring on the 3g!!