PDA

View Full Version : Baby Shows???

connieb19
06-Jul-06, 19:51
I notice this is the time of year for all the baby Shows. Is it just me or does any-one else think this is just sooo WRONG??? I just cannot imagine why any-one would want to display their baby like some exhibit in a rabbit rabbit or budgie show and have somone choose which one is bonnier than which!! Surely in this day and age with people being so easily offended, this should be banned..[disgust]

DrSzin
06-Jul-06, 19:54
Wow, has Connie gone all pc on us? :eek:

candyfloss
06-Jul-06, 19:58
Totally agree with you there Connie, i don't like them either, i think everyone thinks there's is the bonniest baby, i never ever put any of my 3 in for the shows.

connieb19
06-Jul-06, 20:00
Wow, has Connie gone all pc on us? LOL, the only PC I know is the one I'm on now!!:Razz I wouldn't mind being a judge though, I'd pick the ugliest one just to see the uproar. I mean dosn't everyone think theirs is bonniest?:confused:

Billy Boy
06-Jul-06, 20:04
i totally agree wi you lol, who is to say who's baby is bonnier looking than anyone else's all babies as beautiful to their parents.

katarina
06-Jul-06, 20:05
LOL, the only PC I know is the one I'm on now!!:Razz I wouldn't mind being a judge though, I'd pick the ugliest one just to see the uproar. I mean dosn't everyone think theirs is bonniest?:confused:

come on Connie, there's no such a thing as an ugly baby!

connieb19
06-Jul-06, 20:06
come on Connie, there's no such a thing as an ugly baby!My mum has the photos to prove it..lol:eek:

Billy Boy
06-Jul-06, 20:06
come on Connie, there's no such a thing as an ugly baby!

lol you never seen mr billy boy when he was young :lol: :lol:

connieb19
06-Jul-06, 20:13
come on Connie, there's no such a thing as an ugly baby!I dont think there is, but have you heard the mothers whos babies dont win? Rant, rant, mines is bonnier, rant, rant, mines should have won. Why do they bother?:confused

scorrie
06-Jul-06, 20:35
I dont think there is, but have you heard the mothers whos babies dont win? Rant, rant, mines is bonnier, rant, rant, mines should have won. Why do they bother?:confused

Oh, it's very competitive!!

From day one, babies are saddled with having to be bigger, cutting teeth, walking, talking, counting, spelling earlier AND looking better than all their contemporaries. It doesn't get any easier after they have actually left the womb either ;o)

Mothers have been known to spend a budget on clothing for a baby show or a photo shoot, that could keep a third world country afloat for a year.

It's a cattle market, just like Miss World etc. A glimpse at the shallow side of human nature.

newpark
06-Jul-06, 21:21
I think you are all being a bit harsh.(My own opinion) which you are all entitled to your own.

I entered my baby in the baby show today. I did not spend a single penny on an outfit I just took something nice out the cupboard.

I did not rant and rave when we never won as it was not about winning it was about getting together as a community and enjoying the day. Cup of tea and a wee social with other mothers, grannies and fathers. Paid to get in paid to enter so thats me supporting our local community of course it is not about some stranger telling you what they think of your child.

Bingobabe
06-Jul-06, 22:47
I think you are all being a bit harsh.(My own opinion) which you are all entitled to your own.

I entered my baby in the baby show today. I did not spend a single penny on an outfit I just took something nice out the cupboard.

I did not rant and rave when we never won as it was not about winning it was about getting together as a community and enjoying the day. Cup of tea and a wee social with other mothers, grannies and fathers. Paid to get in paid to enter so thats me supporting our local community of course it is not about some stranger telling you what they think of your child.Was that baby show in the assembly rooms????

Cedric Farthsbottom III
06-Jul-06, 22:50
lol you never seen mr billy boy when he was young :lol: :lol:

My baby photo was hilarious too.I had so much hair then!!!!!

pultneytooner
06-Jul-06, 23:16
LOL, the only PC I know is the one I'm on now!!:Razz Comeon connie, leave the nice policeman alone...http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/voltarol/24.gif

Big Jean
07-Jul-06, 00:03
It is the young girls made up to look like miniature adults for pagents that bother me . Five and six year old children in full makeup few women would wear . I feel those pagents are more for the parent, not the child .

Sporran
07-Jul-06, 05:45
I agree with you on that, Big Jean. I watched a documentary on the subject last year. I felt sorry for the wee girls having all that pressure to win put upon them by their parents - mostly their mothers. Some of the wee lassies were totally devasted when they lost. It just didn't seem right, somehow!

Skerries
07-Jul-06, 05:51
I can't understand why parents would want their children to look like small adults. What's wrong with them looking like children?

willowbankbear
07-Jul-06, 08:24
I dont think there is, but have you heard the mothers whos babies dont win? Rant, rant, mines is bonnier, rant, rant, mines should have won. Why do they bother?:confused

I remember the last 3 years of the show in Wick well as I had to pick mothers up(some literally off the floor) from it raging saying,its a fix, my baby is better. It was absolutely ridiculous, its not for the easilly offended 7 to me its like a meat market. Ban it for me:eek:

newpark
07-Jul-06, 08:27
Don't ban the baby show ban the nutter mother's who take it too seriously.

willowbankbear
07-Jul-06, 08:33
How can ye ban nutter mothers? put a notice on the door, No Nutters allowed!! That isnt p.c but it would be funny watching from the other side of the street as the show organisers tell mams that they are crazy nutters, Oh I predict a riot;)

newpark
07-Jul-06, 08:44
What would be more funny would be watching the nutters wondering if they are nutters or not. ha ha ha

wild1
07-Jul-06, 09:39
I have entered both my kids into baby shows my daughter has won two and my son hasn't won any I didn't feel sad when my son didn't win as in all parents eyes our kids are just as beautiful as any other kid they all have something unique about them. I do agree that some parents take it far too serious and they shouldn't enter their child if they can't handle their child not winning, I also could'nt judge a baby show I'd have to pick them all.

Bingobabe
26-Jul-06, 07:18
I decided to take my baby to the baby show yesterday to see what all the commotion was all about. And i have to say i was disapointed how the whole thing turned out i agree with many people now when they say its like a cattle mart. I was quite annoyed with some of the judges how they never even bothered speaking to a majority of the children there and looked them up and down like they were a piece of meat.So it,s something i will never put my child through again.Also there was so many gorgeous kids there i cant possibly understand how they go about judging the whole parade.Well thats most of my rant over. The only good thing about the baby show was kids got to mix with each other but theres always mother and toddler for that.:Razz