PDA

View Full Version : omg you should see what i found.

balto
11-Aug-10, 00:18
This evening about 11.30 i was just about to go to my bed, so i opened my bedroom window to let so air in, whn i head this little meow coming from outside, at first i thought mayby it was alfie or lola that had escaped and was in the garden, went out a look but could see nothing but was still hearing th is meow, decided to follow the meow and it lead me across to the other side of the road, and across the otherside i could make out the shape of a cat, at 1st i thought mayby it had been hit by a car, as we live in front of the main road, so rushed back in to get a towel just incase it was hurt, went round the otherside and rather emarissinly fought with the bushes to get in, what a laugh the drivers must have had, seeing that sight lol, anyway i found this little kitten, no more than 6weeks, i have checked and think he is a boy, after a few attempts he came to me, i took him home and have fed him and given him a drink of milk. he is so friendly but my god he is very vocal. the thing i dont get is how did a kitten this size get to the verge of the main road, perhaps he was dumped, going to check along the road in the morning incase there is more. Now im happy to keep him if no-one wants him, but if someone has lost a small kitten recently, i mean in the last day then they can get in touch with me, i wont say what color he is as i dont want just anyone saying he is theirs, well better get back to my unexpected addition to my family.

Shabbychic
11-Aug-10, 00:48
Poor wee thing. Good job you were there to rescue him. I hope if there are any more, you find them in the morning. :)

teenybash
11-Aug-10, 01:09
Gosh, what a find.....and what a lucky wee soul to have called you and better still, that you heard....sounds as this special kitten was meant to be........I bet he will be spoiled and spoiled and them some more...:)

Aaldtimer
11-Aug-10, 03:28
As much as I admire your efforts so far..."going to check along the road in the morning incase there is more. "...don't you think it might be too late for such young kittens too survive a night out?:(

bustergirl
11-Aug-10, 06:16
they look like they have been there for a few days as this kitten we have is soo skinny u can feel his rib and he looks skinny well i am off to cheak for more

bustergirl
11-Aug-10, 06:37
well i cheaked but there is no more so he must have been dumped poor thjing he wouldnthave believed his luck

ShelleyCowie
11-Aug-10, 09:36
Good on you Balto! Glad the wee thing is safe with you. Really annoys me at the fact this little guy could have just been dumped there though! [evil]

Dadie
11-Aug-10, 10:11
I hope you are going to make the effort in reuniting him with his family.
He may have wandered off after his mum and got lost.
Are you going to put a sign up in the shops?
And contact balmore to see if there is a frantic owner out there.

aurora32
11-Aug-10, 10:38
well done Balto for your efforts, I doubt he has an owner if that thin and im sure if an owner is that frantic they would have come on here or got a friend to post for them.

Keep us posted as to how he get on Balto

Dadie
11-Aug-10, 10:49
Some people dont have internet access and dont know about the org.
And they may well try word of mouth, phoning balmore etc to find their kitten.

ShelleyCowie
11-Aug-10, 11:13
Im sure Balto is taking the necessary steps to see if she can reuinte this little guy with his owner.

chaz
11-Aug-10, 11:42
Well done Balto, i also agree that it probally doesnt have an owner or has been dumped as we have just rehomed our cats kittens i know anyone would be aware if one went missing and be searching everywhere!! Make a few calls to check its not been lost and ask around, if only to keep everyone happy.
At lot of people wouldnt have even bothered going out to look so you did the right thing:D

dousslesh
11-Aug-10, 12:20
Thank goodness you heard the little scrap ! Sounds as though the kitten has found a lovely home if not claimed !
Can I suggest you give the kitten water instead of milk ? As cats and kittens have problems with milk, think it is the lactose which can really upset their tummies.
Have you thought of a name yet ? !

balto
11-Aug-10, 12:21
I hope you are going to make the effort in reuniting him with his family.
He may have wandered off after his mum and got lost.
Are you going to put a sign up in the shops?
And contact balmore to see if there is a frantic owner out there.all the right steps have been taken balmore and vet phoned, doubt he wandered as he would have needed help to climb over the wall or to get across the main rd, as for posters not going to bother as if someone has lost a kitten this size i would hope they would have a bit more concern than to wait for a poster to appear mayby like phone the vet or balmore.

Im sure Balto is taking the necessary steps to see if she can reuinte this little guy with his owner.thankyou shelley, i have been in touch with both the vet and balmore to let them know i have him, we have named him teddy.

Well done Balto, i also agree that it probally doesnt have an owner or has been dumped as we have just rehomed our cats kittens i know anyone would be aware if one went missing and be searching everywhere!! Make a few calls to check its not been lost and ask around, if only to keep everyone happy.
At lot of people wouldnt have even bothered going out to look so you did the right thing:DThankyou everyone have been contacted, mind you where he was doubt he got there himself, teddy is a lovely little boy need to find out what milk to give him as he is to little to be without it yet,mayby goats milk.

balto
11-Aug-10, 12:24
Thank goodness you heard the little scrap ! Sounds as though the kitten has found a lovely home if not claimed !
Can I suggest you give the kitten water instead of milk ? As cats and kittens have problems with milk, think it is the lactose which can really upset their tummies.
Have you thought of a name yet ? !

I just thought milk as he seems little , thought mayby goats milk would be ok have named him teddy

Dadie
11-Aug-10, 12:25
Glad you mentioned the milk!
I was going to but .....:roll:
If the kitten is as thin as you say the last thing it needs is milk which would give it the squits!
It would have been better of with water and a wee drop of cat food.

unicorn
11-Aug-10, 12:28
How about kitten milk. You will get a milk substitute from the vets called cimicat.

balto
11-Aug-10, 12:29
Glad you mentioned the milk!
I was going to but .....:roll:
If the kitten is as thin as you say the last thing it needs is milk which would give it the squits!
It would have been better of with water and a wee drop of cat food.

He is 6 weeks or less that was my thinking behind the milk, he takes the cat food but isnt to keen

balto
11-Aug-10, 12:30
How about kitten milk. You will get a milk substitute from the vets called cimicat.

Will give them a phone and ask about it thankyou

Dadie
11-Aug-10, 12:48
At 6 weeks old I wouldnt bother with getting the cimicat.
Just lots of really little meals of kitten food if needed mashed up with a little water.
He will be nearly weaned and should have been getting most of his nourishment from food now.
Dont give him any food that is too rich either as that will upset his tum too.

Liz
11-Aug-10, 13:34
What a good job you rescued the poor wee mite as doesn't sound like he would have survived outside much longer.:~(

It is possible that a stray cat had kittens.

teenybash
11-Aug-10, 17:52
Balto, you have done so much good in rescuing little Teddy...of course what we all want now is....yes, you've guessed...PICS PLEASE. :D

Highland lad
11-Aug-10, 19:46
Good on you to take care of the wee thing.

We have a Feral Cat and 4 Kittens living behind one of the sheds, called Balmore but they said to contact the Cat Protection. The Cat Protection are supposed to be calling us back but that was days ago we might have to call them again as if they don't hurry up the mother cat will be having more kittens.

Until they do someting we have been feeding them but we would rather they got caught and spayed and neutered.

Liz
11-Aug-10, 19:54
Good on you to take care of the wee thing.

We have a Feral Cat and 4 Kittens living behind one of the sheds, called Balmore but they said to contact the Cat Protection. The Cat Protection are supposed to be calling us back but that was days ago we might have to call them again as if they don't hurry up the mother cat will be having more kittens.

Until they do someting we have been feeding them but we would rather they got caught and spayed and neutered.

Cats Protection is run by volunteers who work so they may take a wee while to get back to you. How long has the feral cat been there?

Well done for feeding them. Cats Protection will give you a trap to catch them so they can be neutered.:D

horse
11-Aug-10, 21:36
At 6 weeks old I wouldnt bother with getting the cimicat.
Just lots of really little meals of kitten food if needed mashed up with a little water.
He will be nearly weaned and should have been getting most of his nourishment from food now.
Dont give him any food that is too rich either as that will upset his tum too.

but the thing is they don't really know how old the kitten is , so surely it wouldn't hurt to give him a drop of kitten milk.

Dadie
11-Aug-10, 22:00
No it wouldnt hurt.
But it may be not needed.
If he will eat food (and at 6 weeks or so he should) he wont need it.
Give him a couple of days of observation and if eating fine ..dont!
If he isnt eating and drinking water, then get it...but he wont be on it for long as he should be properly and completely weaned at 8 weeks anyway.
Its not really neccessary thats all.

balto
11-Aug-10, 23:43
Balto, you have done so much good in rescuing little Teddy...of course what we all want now is....yes, you've guessed...PICS PLEASE. :D
waiting patiently fr my camera to come back after having to get fixed, but will get some pics of teddy as soon as it does come back. teddy is settleing in well, he is still very nervous but other than that he is fine.