PDA

View Full Version : Any cures for hiccups?

Lindarabett
06-Jul-06, 15:07
Does anyone have cures for hiccups that work? It's getting a bit sire now. tried the sipping water, and tried holding breath but nearly passed out! Thanx!

Niall Fernie
06-Jul-06, 15:11
Try going for a swim.

golach
06-Jul-06, 15:12
Does anyone have cures for hiccups that work? It's getting a bit sire now. tried the sipping water, and tried holding breath but nearly passed out! Thanx!
Get two pencils, or Knitting needles, or anything that has a narrow point. Then with one in each hand, stretch arms out and bring the two points together until they touch at eye level, concentrate on the points, and keep doing this, it works for me

squidge
06-Jul-06, 15:14
Try a spoonful of sugar with a few drops of vinegar in it - you ahve to eat it all down in one .

dunnow hy it works but it does

dozy
06-Jul-06, 15:40
Strip off a run naked round the garden ,it will certainly stop the neighbours getting the hiccups........Hope it helps...PS email the photos ...then i wont get the hiccups either...

Ricco
06-Jul-06, 15:55
I always find that someone sneaking up and going BOO! works wonders! :D

unicorn
06-Jul-06, 16:02
A teaspoon of lemon juice! tried and tested

Lindarabett
06-Jul-06, 16:26
hi,

Thanks all. I didn't actually try any, as I got them frightened out of me, by a HUGE bee coming in the window! Almost stopped the heart as well mind! I'll keep a note of the hints, but sorry, dozy, I ain't scaring the neighbours; the poor kids will be in therapy for life if I go out starkers! LOL. Thanks again everyone.

Shalom
06-Jul-06, 16:52
A teaspoonful of vinegar......quickly followed by something nice!

Ricco
06-Jul-06, 17:44
hi,

Thanks all. I didn't actually try any, as I got them frightened out of me, by a HUGE bee coming in the window! Almost stopped the heart as well mind! I'll keep a note of the hints, but sorry, dozy, I ain't scaring the neighbours; the poor kids will be in therapy for life if I go out starkers! LOL. Thanks again everyone.

See, Boo! really works. :D

Blazing Sporrans
06-Jul-06, 17:46
I'll go along with Calvin (of '& Hobbes' fame) who says that all 'cures' for hiccups seem to be for the amusement of any audience rather than for being of any actual benefit to the sufferer! [lol]

Billy Boy
06-Jul-06, 17:52
i find that drinking out of the wrong side of a glass always work's for me:lol:

sassylass
06-Jul-06, 17:57
See, Boo! really works. :D

as much as I hate it when Mr Sassylass uses this method on me, it always cures my hiccups :eek:

ginajade
06-Jul-06, 18:14
Try anything you like doing to take your mind off it, but if it continues over a couple of days see your GP. Can be a sign of other problems.

the original ducky
06-Jul-06, 18:53
take a cup put some water in it and drink it with your head forward from the opposite side off the cup not a lot of water

obiron
06-Jul-06, 19:25
Get two pencils, or Knitting needles, or anything that has a narrow point. Then with one in each hand, stretch arms out and bring the two points together until they touch at eye level, concentrate on the points, and keep doing this, it works for me

bit odd that one.. funny though.[lol]

fred
06-Jul-06, 19:27

Mares milk cures hickups, if you milk the mare yourself.

Billy Boy
06-Jul-06, 20:22

lol, am curious as to how you discovered this :confused

golach
06-Jul-06, 20:54
lol, am curious as to how you discovered this :confused
An Owld salty seadog taught me it, one time when we were sailing round the Cape of Good Hope.

sassylass
06-Jul-06, 21:18
so it's true then, owld salty sea dogs are good knitters...

Billy Boy
06-Jul-06, 21:22
so thats why old sea dogs have nice ganzy's lol[lol]