PDA

View Full Version : Poster paints in Thurso

Fluff
10-Aug-10, 18:48
Hi all, hope someone can help. I need to buy some poster paints in Thurso (damn Woolworths for closing!!) I checked Durrands today, but they only had massive bottles.
Any idea where I can buy the basic colours, not in huge tubs or bottles!
Ta

unicorn
10-Aug-10, 18:59
Have you tried the 99p shop or thingies (if thats what its called) in the arcade

Kodiak
10-Aug-10, 19:49
I know it is not Thurso, but the only place I can think of is Tesco in Wick.

Dadie
10-Aug-10, 19:51
The toy shop?
Or if its not for the kids buy tester pots of emulsion from the paint/decorating shops!

gunnlass
11-Aug-10, 17:07
Temptations in the precinct.

Vistravi
11-Aug-10, 21:26
Hi all, hope someone can help. I need to buy some poster paints in Thurso (damn Woolworths for closing!!) I checked Durrands today, but they only had massive bottles.
Any idea where I can buy the basic colours, not in huge tubs or bottles!
Ta

I think i have seen it in wick tescos. Try ordering it online from tescos or buy it through there if you ever go through.

I'm looking for paints myself as i want to get my son into messy play when he can sit up. I've seen in the nursery i worked in just how much babies love playing with paint. A must have to have just a nappy on and wipe clean high chair though :lol:

Dadie
11-Aug-10, 21:39
Never mind the wipe clean highchair.
Just put a mat on the floor with 2 paper plates of paint on it and a couple of chunky brushes (as if they will get used) and use a roll of wallpaper lining paper for the pictures.
Have a bath ready (39 deg at the start of painting) should cool down to under 38 but more than 36 by the time its done, then straight in the bath!
We used the twister mat on the kitchen floor until I tried the painting fun in the bathroom (its a big bathroom) and everything could be thrown in the bath afterwards!

Vistravi
14-Aug-10, 15:05
Never mind the wipe clean highchair.
Just put a mat on the floor with 2 paper plates of paint on it and a couple of chunky brushes (as if they will get used) and use a roll of wallpaper lining paper for the pictures.
Have a bath ready (39 deg at the start of painting) should cool down to under 38 but more than 36 by the time its done, then straight in the bath!
We used the twister mat on the kitchen floor until I tried the painting fun in the bathroom (its a big bathroom) and everything could be thrown in the bath afterwards!

Good idea! He loves to move around and i was thinking that he'd love body painting. In the bathroom even better lol. ;)